Hello fellow October brides! I was recently hired as a long-term substitute teacher until January, so I knew I had to get some of my DIY projects started! Here are some pictures of my projects. What do you ladies think?
1. Table names. Because the FI is a train conductor, we decided to name our tables after railroad companies. Instead of just typing the name on a card, I designed a table card with a graphic and some borders. I think they turned out pretty cool.
2. Centerpiece mock-up. Because I'm a visual person, I needed to create a mock-up of our centerpieces in order to make sure I liked them (haha). I collected cut glass, mercury glass votives, vintage books with love-inspired titles, tin train cars, and milk glass to make a collected-over-time/rustic/shabby chic table setting.
3. "Fun Facts" card. Though our family and friends know us pretty well individually, some people may not know a lot about us as a couple. I decided to put together some facts about us and our relationship so our guests could get to know us better. These will be double-sided.
4. My jewelry. After an hour in my local Michael's Craft Store, I selected various sizes of pearls, crystals, and fireballs to create my wedding jewelry. Pictured is my bracelet and my earrings. My necklace will be similar to my bracelet---I just ran out of steam and will finish it tomorrow!
5. Book page flowers. I made flowers from old book pages and vintage sheet music. FI and I met through the marching band and we both love to read, so I wanted to honor the connection. These flowers will be placed in the crystal bud vases in our centerpieces along with a spray of baby's breath.
I didn't think I got a lot done in two days, but looking back.... WOW!