Wedding Etiquette Forum

some of you guys are famous

2»

Re: some of you guys are famous

• zobird said:
    Wait, it's pronounced JIF??!!?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
  • You would think it would be with a hard g because it stands for the word graphics, but alas...
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/battle-over-gif-pronunciation-erupts/?_r=0
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • I want to be famous!  I'll have to see if I can find that copy of TK magazine.

Anniversary

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    I thought getting your flag cherry popped made you a reg, but I guess now there is a new "badge" to earn.  ;)  You all should really get a badge though.  At least 1000 extra points towards that rainbow farting unicorn for getting quoted 

ETA - spelling

• Here is the thread if anyone wants to see the other responses:

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    edited August 2013
  • RajahBMFD said:

Page 336 from The Knot Boston:

From Sourgirl910: "To cut down the guest list to a wedding that we want and can afford, my fiancé and I aren't inviting certain family members. Should I send a letter of apology and explain why we can't invite them or do I just let the chips fall where they may?"

Liatris2010: The only people you have to invite are the significant others of those invited. You can limit it to immediate family and close friends, but you should not inform the rest of your family and friends that they won't be invited. If any of those people ask, you can tell them you're keeping the wedding very small.

AddieL73: Just don't invite them. Don't send a letter of explanation. The fact that they're not part of your daily lives explains itself.

SimplyFated: I don't understand why this is becoming a trend. Who would want to receive a letter like this, let alone be the sender of one? Do people really think their wedding is the wedding of the century and therefor people need to be let down gently for not being invited?

StageManager14: You never tell someone why they aren't invited to something. If they specifically ask about it, they are the rude ones, but then you can say some thing, "Due to budget constraints, we weren't able to invite everyone we would have liked to" and leave it at that.

Other screennames included: RachelBFMD, sydaries, and Gabrielle76

Shit. That's awesome. What did they quote from me?

I'm sorry for bot including yours. The Rajah vs. Rachel must have thrown me off though the BFMD did look familiar

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• I learned a few months ago that it's pronounced "jif".  I'm still not pleased, and refuse to refer to it as such.  Hard "g" sound all the way!!
  • I learned a few months ago that it's pronounced "jif".  I'm still not pleased, and refuse to refer to it as such.  Hard "g" sound all the way!!
    Yeah, pronouncing it as "jif" makes me think of peanut butter and then I get hungry. So it's "gif" with the hard g for me.
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    edited August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards