So I'm a wee bit bored, even though things will get crazy here in just a few minutes. I'm also excited to cook up a few healthy dishes this week, but would love some new stuff. Soooo-something fun you're cooking this weekend? Or just cooked? Or your ultimate standby dish?
Here's mine for this weekend. I haven't made it in almost a year, but H loves it and it's perfect for the 90 degree weather. I adapted it a bit from Epicurious.
Watermelon Cucumber Gazpacho
- 1 3-pound seedless watermelon, diced (about 5 cups), divided
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, minced
- 3 pale green inner celery stalks, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain or vanilla (depending on desired sweetness)
Puree 4 cups watermelon in blender until smooth. Transfer puree to large bowl. Add remaining 1 cup diced watermelon and next 10 ingredients; stir to combine. Cover gazpacho and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Divide gazpacho among bowls; stir in yogurt.