Knottie Tech Help

An open letter to the Community from our Co-founder, Carley Roney

Re: An open letter to the Community from our Co-founder, Carley Roney

• if you thought they were mean and "bullys" why are their comments still appearing? you guys seriously need to think out your lies before you spew them. Atleast try to make your crap legit.  
  • Okay, so regular posters who have received months if not years of solid advice here are to not give that same advice to new generations of brides?

Stage, Linger, and the crew that left several months ago helped me realize many things and be an awesome hostess for my guests.

Are the KG's going to be responding now to the requests for advice on the forum from new posters, and/or providing the regular posters with canned responses that we can give without fear of hurting someone's precious feelings?

It's just utterly confusing.

• I know I'll be the only one saying this, but I honestly don't care.

I have been absent from this site for several months because of the people you described.  It made the site no fun and I was tired of how they treated people (including me).  I still have no motivation to come back, but am glad to hear that the staff is working to take this site back.

I can't get out of the box!!!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Kristan, I'm really sorry you had bad experiences with certain posters. I get it. I agree that there were times that posters got out of hand. Personally, I've never had a problem with the tone of the posts, but everyone is different and reacts differently. I do hope you are able to enjoy the site again.

However, don't get too attached because you never know when someone is going to decide they don't like what you say and ban you without warning. Had the KGs actually been working with the banned users to change their tone and approach, I would feel differently. However, the KGs appear to be lying and that is NOT cool with me. NOT COOL AT ALL KGs!
  • Well said Muppet.

I guess I can see why it was done from a business standpoint but I'm with the others in being upset about the way it was done.  Surely there has to be a better way to handle all of this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • TXKristan said:
    nsweare, I could care less if I am banned.  Really.  I think this is my first time coming here in 2 weeks.
    Your post history suggests otherwise.  
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • TXKristan said:

I think this is just the KGs trying to save face.  I didn't always get along with Stage or Linger, in fact had some heated discussions.  But none of what they did was bullying.

Kristan - sorry that you had poor interactions with Linger, but by definition that makes you a bigot.

American Heritage Dictionary:  Bigot:  one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

That is an example of someone getting their feelers hurt because someone told them the truth.

Nice try.  My belief that marriage should be one man and one woman doesn't make me intolerant.  I tolerate and love people who have those attractions.  

Here is bigotry:  IF I believed that all people who are in same sex relationships are perverts who are sex crazed fiends.  That is not at all the case.

But nice try.  Really.
    I really don't want to get into an argument with you over this.  I'm sure upwards of 90% of the posters on this site would disagree.  I also believe you have said that you think same sex relationships are sinful.  That's bigoted.  

If you want to talk about this on another thread, by all means create one.  But I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you didn't turn this thread into a same sex marriage debate.
  • That may classify as name calling but not bullying.

• TXKristan said:
    @MrsMack10612 ,, here is my Facebook status the day DOMA was repealed.  There are several TK regs here who are my FB friend and can confirm this.  Is this bigoted??

I'm not educated enough regarding legal matters to know if I agree or disagree about the constitutionality of any legislation. What I do know is this - while I believe that marriage is meant to be between one man and one woman, I have many friends who are in love with someone of the same sex. I can't argue what they feel in their hearts regarding their sexual attraction. 

I do find it unfair that our country associates so many rights to marriage, and I realize that it presents complications to same sex couples who wish our government to recognize their partner legally as their spouse. 

All that said, I only ask this. Please, America, let me continue to be Catholic. Let me be able to speak with love regarding what my faith and I believe God intends for marriage. Let us continue to celebrate the sacrament of marriage and the family as we believe it to be. Let me be a Catholic.

What you post on FB and what you post on TK are two VERY different things.  If you post bigoted ideas here, you're going to get called out for it.  I don't care what you put on FB, it has NOTHING to do with TK.
  • TXKristan said:
    @MrsMack10612 ,, here is my Facebook status the day DOMA was repealed.  There are several TK regs here who are my FB friend and can confirm this.  Is this bigoted??

I'm not educated enough regarding legal matters to know if I agree or disagree about the constitutionality of any legislation. What I do know is this - while I believe that marriage is meant to be between one man and one woman, I have many friends who are in love with someone of the same sex. I can't argue what they feel in their hearts regarding their sexual attraction. 

I do find it unfair that our country associates so many rights to marriage, and I realize that it presents complications to same sex couples who wish our government to recognize their partner legally as their spouse. 

All that said, I only ask this. Please, America, let me continue to be Catholic. Let me be able to speak with love regarding what my faith and I believe God intends for marriage. Let us continue to celebrate the sacrament of marriage and the family as we believe it to be. Let me be a Catholic.

I do hope you realize that you can still be a bigot and not say ONLY bigoted things.

And I second @banana468 that's name calling not bullying.  Now if someone quoted every single post that you wrote and called you a bigot, then that would be bullying.

• AddieL73 said:
    I can confirm that Kristan does not think same-sex relationships are sinful, and I have been party to discussions she has had with QF about it as well. 

That being said, I agree this thread should not turn into rehashing this shit over again. 

This. Let's move on.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• @NYCBruin - Thank you. 

FTR - I was not trying to make it a same sex marriage debate.  It was simply an example of the type of behavior that Linger (and Stage) are being villified for that presented itself.

• smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013

And I second @banana468 that's name calling not bullying.  Now if someone quoted every single post that you wrote and called you a bigot, then that would be bullying.

Wait. To the bolded per xcalygrl's definition:

Verbal bullying is saying or writing mean things. Verbal bullying includes:
    Teasing
    Name-calling
    Inappropriate sexual comments
    Taunting
    Threatening to cause harm

ETA: spelling

Anniversary
  • I think if we're going to define "bullying" and include name-calling, there needs to be an element of ... intensity? I'm not really sure what word I'm looking for, but I would say there's a difference between calling someone's POV stupid or a bad idea or bigoted and calling that person stupid or bigoted. I would also say there's a difference between saying it once and following them around repeating it over and over.

I'm not calling anyone out here or trying to take sides. I'm just presenting a POV.
  • I think if we're going to define "bullying" and include name-calling, there needs to be an element of ... intensity? I'm not really sure what word I'm looking for, but I would say there's a difference between calling someone's POV stupid or a bad idea or bigoted and calling that person stupid or bigoted. I would also say there's a difference between saying it once and following them around repeating it over and over.

I'm not calling anyone out here or trying to take sides. I'm just presenting a POV.

I agree, but I feel like Bigot is quite a strong term, just like calling someone retarded or a cunt. But thats just my opinion...ie calling someone a poop head like we are in pre school, not reallly "name calling
    Anniversary
  • huynhette said:

I thought you've been gone. How would you know about proboards?
    Probably b/c it's been mentioned on FB, where a bunch of us chit chat. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards