June 2014 Weddings

PIP your engagement ring

Let's see them ladies!

Here is mine, exactly what I wanted. He had it custom made by my MOH's (and BFF) family jeweler. its a 1.5 carat sapphire (6x6) with .34 carat diamonds flanking the sides. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
ring.jpg 551.3K

Re: PIP your engagement ring

• ChloeaghChloeagh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    FI is going to be unhappy I'm posting this...

It's not our official ring picture because one stone is chipped and one is missing. He doesn't want to take a nice picture until it's fixed. It's a 1930's ring we found in a vintage jewelry store, white gold and diamonds. FI cut the center stones (blue zircon) and set them, so he's sensitive about the fact that he hasn't had a chance to fix the chipped one or replace the diamond he knocked out. Don't know the stone sizes. Anyway:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a pic of mine yet, but I'll get one. I have a Irish Claudaugh ring with a topaz heart and two small diamonds in the crown. It's exactly the one I wanted.

Sterling silver Claddagh ring. FI is half Korean and half Irish and we are trying to incorporate all of our cultures into our wedding. It was my pick to have the Claddagh ring since I have Irish on my side as well.
  • My hands look sooo freaking old that I hate this picture, but here's my Claddagh ring. I too am Irish, so it was my pick to have one.

• I can't find a pic on my computer 1 carat ish round diamond white gold band with two smaller round stone on either side of the diamond and a pave band.  He got it from blue nile I love it.  The center diamond is an E for color VVS1 for clarity an idea cut

Anniversary

• Love seeing all the claddaghs! That is currently mine as well with his mothers wedding band, for our 5th anniversary and when we have our ceremony he's having his mom's engagement ring made into one for me but I will always wear my claddagh as well <3 Beautiful rings ladies :)
  • muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
  • Sorry can't figure out how to delete my other post.

Here is a decent picture of the ring.

• Here is my ring.  It is my birthstone (amethyst) and his (garnet).
  • I love seeing the non traditional white diamond rings!

I'm still waiting on mine, but we have chosen a black diamond solitaire with white diamond accents.  
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I agree! When I went on a marriage prep retreat, I was the ONLY one there (out of 16 couples) that didn't have a white ring with a diamond in the middle (with variations between them, of course). Same is true for all my engaged friends. I like being unique, but not so excessively! It's nice to see other people doing something different, too.
    CheleLyn said:
    I love seeing the non traditional white diamond rings!

I'm still waiting on mine, but we have chosen a black diamond solitaire with white diamond accents.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I <3 my e-ring. Aquamarine in a lovely setting. :)

I agree with PP, it's lovely to see some other 'different' enagagement rings. You see so many diamonds now!

:)
  • So I'm a bit rubbish with technology apparently...
  • Chloeagh said:
    I agree! When I went on a marriage prep retreat, I was the ONLY one there (out of 16 couples) that didn't have a white ring with a diamond in the middle (with variations between them, of course). Same is true for all my engaged friends. I like being unique, but not so excessively! It's nice to see other people doing something different, too.
    CheleLyn said:

I have the same feelings towards traditional rings.... After a while all of my friends and families rings looked the same or were the same thing I saw in stores.  That wasn't me, I just never had an afinity towards big white diamonds.  When I told my parents we had picked out a black diamond they were taken a back.  Now my mom can't stop showing pictures to everyone she knows....  It also didn't hurt the black diamond ring was about 60% the cost of the ring with a traditional diamond in it.

Nothing aginst traditional rings though...every ring is special because of the story behind it!

• Chloeagh said:
    I agree! When I went on a marriage prep retreat, I was the ONLY one there (out of 16 couples) that didn't have a white ring with a diamond in the middle (with variations between them, of course). Same is true for all my engaged friends. I like being unique, but not so excessively! It's nice to see other people doing something different, too.
    CheleLyn said:

I have the same feelings towards traditional rings.... After a while all of my friends and families rings looked the same or were the same thing I saw in stores.  That wasn't me, I just never had an afinity towards big white diamonds.  When I told my parents we had picked out a black diamond they were taken a back.  Now my mom can't stop showing pictures to everyone she knows....  It also didn't hurt the black diamond ring was about 60% the cost of the ring with a traditional diamond in it.

Nothing aginst traditional rings though...every ring is special because of the story behind it!

We had looked at traditional rings in a couple stores and I found a few that I absolutely loved, but they were all beginning to look the same and I was getting so overwhelmed that the very suggestion we look in yet another store made me cry! At the last store we went to Jason literally held my hand and pulled me into the store. The gal behind the counter even commented on how he had to "drag" me into the store and questioned if I really wanted to marry him! The nerve!

When we left the store and got back into the car I told Jason that I was done looking at rings, he knows my size, he knows bc I wear a 4.5 I don't need (or want) a big stone, he knows I don't want anything flashy. He actually found a picture of a black diamond ring online and suggested it first. As soon as I saw it I knew it had to be black. I have gone back and forth on which one I want, but we have decided on one and a black and white band to go with it. Both rings are very much reflective of us.

After my hairdresser fella asked me out last week (and telling me he thought I was only 32 ...I'm 41) Jason's mom told him he better hurry up and put a ring on it LOL (because clearly his name tattooed on my wrist isn't enough of a deterrent LOL)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I didn't want a traditional engagement ring, I really find no purpose in spending so much money on a stone that has no color. The thought of it bugs me, and blue has been a very central color in our relationship and it's just us so we went with the Sapphire. I <3 it and so has everyone who's seen it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imageThis is my beautiful ring. I love it! My fiance and I have been together 11 years on October 21, 2013 so having a pat present and future ring fit perfect for me.
  • edited August 2013

Here is mine, love it.

• tirathemrstirathemrs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Meet Bella! MY BEAUTY
    2 CARAT, WHITE GOLD
    yes its one ring...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Here's mine. I love it. My fiance did an amazing job picking this ring :) 
  • I love the variety of rings here! I am a sucker for nontraditional rings, though mine ended up being more traditional and I love it anyway. 

With the addition of the band there are two smaller diamonds on each side of the main one.
  • Love the variety here! At first I wanted a Sapphire ring but my fiance wanted to make sure it "looked" like an engagement ring. lol He's a little bit more traditional than I am. We ended up finding the most amazing ring store Diamond in the Rough. I fell in love and wanted something from their collection SO bad, but it was pricey and complicated so I thought it was not possible. Any who he totally surprised me and got me one of their "embrace" styles, the center stone is uncut, but polished. It's wrapped in paved diamonds, the center stone is a light yellow, but very clear. I LOVE it! :) 

Happy planning everyone!
    -Sontera
  • Mine is a vintage style ring from a local family jeweler in my FI's hometown. The center stone is a rose Cut diamond, brought home From Belgium by my Fi's Great grandfather in the 1940s. I love the family connection :) Glad the diamond has a home (its been loose for 70 years). It has a slight color and can look blue/silver/gray depending on the light. I love it :) but I love my FI and his family more. 

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Love the variety here! At first I wanted a Sapphire ring but my fiance wanted to make sure it "looked" like an engagement ring. lol He's a little bit more traditional than I am. We ended up finding the most amazing ring store Diamond in the Rough. I fell in love and wanted something from their collection SO bad, but it was pricey and complicated so I thought it was not possible. Any who he totally surprised me and got me one of their "embrace" styles, the center stone is uncut, but polished. It's wrapped in paved diamonds, the center stone is a light yellow, but very clear. I LOVE it! :) 

Happy planning everyone!
    -Sontera
    WOW! I love it!
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• edited September 2013
    Mine came in a set. We got a big discount cause we went to am estate sale jeweler. It is small but we think if fits my hand perfectly. I love it.

I love everyone's rings. Sometimes I wish I had color on mine but no one color is meaningful enough to me to be stuck with it for like. It's the same reason I won't get a tattoo. Haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1 1/8 carat white gold setting with 1 carat cushion cut diamond in the center.  The center diamond came from Adiamor (which I highly recommend).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful rings ladies... I really love your ring @nightstarlite

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• My ring is a blue topaz and I love it.  I like things that are a bit different.  Don't get me wrong I love diamonds but this one just was too perfect for me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards