October 2013 Weddings

Undergarments!

Good Morning!! So...I have my first fitting on August 27. At this fitting I need to bring the undergarments I'm wearing - which I haven't bought yet. Did you guys just guesstimate with what garments and then return them if they didn't fit? Or did you bring your dress to the undergarment store to try them on....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Undergarments!

• What do you mean, don't fit? My dress isn't a low back, it's just a strapless dress. If your dress has a unique back or lines, I'd bring a picture of it with you to the store.
  • I haven't bought panties yet, but I bought the long-line bra when I bought the gown, and my mom's made me a crinoline which I'm wearing, so I took that with me too.  And my shoes.  And my veil.

Which reminds me, I have another fitting Friday.  I need to work on my veil. 
  • I am wearing VS undies, and they are putting cups in for me because my gown is lace so I do not want any long lined bra showing, which is what my seamstress said could happen! I wore undies that are exactly like the ones I am wearing the day of (don't want to wear them until that day!) and it was fine :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having cups sewn in as well. I don't want to wear a bra the day of - I don't think it would be comfortable at all. Are you sure you need special undergarments at all?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I wore a regular bra and panties to my first fitting and we determined I don't need to wear a bra in the dress.  If you know you'll need something extra, get it, but I wouldn't if it's your first fitting and you aren't sure. 
  • I bought the stuff and brought it to the salon for my fitting
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• When I went and got my long line bra I told the lady at the store how low my dress went in the front and back. And the one they gave me was perfect. definitely take the bra your gonna wear to the fitting, and similar undies too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 107 Invited so far!
    image 63 Are comming!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 36 Can't find the mailbox!
  • I am having cups sewn in as well but have to have a bra as well.  :-(  Definitely didn't' want that!!  However, thanks to my plastic surgeon all those years ago, leaving me with "dog ears" after my reduction I have to wear a bra.  I didn't take a strapless bra with me, again because I planned on not wearing one, so I had to use my regular one for the fitting.  Make sure you have what you want with you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I guesstimated and it worked out really well! My MOH/best friend had cups sewn in and she didn't like how unsupportive they ended up being, so I went to Nordstrom and got a strapless bra (not longline) and some spanx, and they worked great at my first fitting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DISCLAIMER: I realized my post was confusing. If I buy undies - I will NOT be returning them :).  

My dress is a halter and my ladies are on the larger size. As a result, I will be wearing some type of bra - but I'm not sure which kind (needs to go low enough in the back)

My seamstress is not associated to a store. I got my dress at David's and I should have just taken the extra 10 minutes to figure out what bra and spanx (if any) I needed...but I was in a rush and didn't feel like it.  So I'm trying to figure out figuring out if the bra strap will be low enough in the back.  So I will bring a picture!!!  I was envisioning myself schlepping the dress all over to find a bra :) 

Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i am having cups sewn in as i have a lace dress, and as for undies i will probably just buy a nice new pair of nude ones from VS to wear day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have my Spanx and cups sewn into my dress. I haven't decided what undies I'll wear under my Spanx because even though I will be the only one ever wearing them, not wearing underwear weirds me out.
  • rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

I am really having a hard time finding a strapless bra/corset to wear. 

I went to Macys, Nordstroms, and Victorias, not a single store really carries corset's in stock. So I went online and ordered 4 different styles in a couple different sizes in some. I got 6 total, not a single one fit well. I have large "girls" as well. I just placed a second order last night of 5 strapless bra's and 2 more corsets. I really hope that something fits well in this second order. My cc bill is going to be so high until I make time to return all of these. 

• hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    @rhawndas - are there any specialty lingerie stores in your area where you can go get measured? Then you wouldn't have to mess around with all the returns and stuff! 

That's where I ended up getting my long line bra - at a specialty store. They measured me and told me I have been wearing the wrong bra size for quite some time (I thought I was 34B, guess what - 36C! Waaaay off).
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• rkborkbo member
    edited August 2013
    @hardlyhannah Yes, I actually did. I have bought many regular bra's from there, but was really unhappy with their corset selection. They only gave me 2 to try on and they just were not a good fit. Then instead of asking for strapless bra's I got sidetracked and saw the pretty swimsuits and then $300 flew out the window. LOL

When I first went to them, I was wearing 38DD from VS, they put me in a 36H..oiy
  • I hadn't bought any of my undergarments for my first fitting, because I had no idea what to get and my seamstress offered to give me suggestions based on my dress. When I met with her she recommended sewing in cups instead of a bra, and underwear that covers the thighs a little to prevent chaffing. Because I didn't have my undergarments yet she wasn't able to take my measurements that day, so it ended up being more of a consultation and then I had my actual first fitting last week. We tried the cups on in the dress, and I've actually decided against them. I'm quite busty right now because I'm nursing, and the cups were pushup and I just felt like I was popping out of the dress way too much lol. But for other undergarments I'll be using Spanx.
  • I would bring everything with you for your fitting that you plan to wear under/with your dress. Shoes, bras, spanx, etc. They are fitting the dress so that it works well for your wedding day. It might mean having to plan ahead, but it's worth it.

I had my first fitting this past weekend and wore my shoes so that she knew where to hem the dress. Even better, I found out that I don't need to wear a bra with my dress. So excited!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hardlyhannah & @rustytammy the last time someone at VS measured me, and they told me I was a 32B. I couldn't breathe in the 32. So.... I'm sticking with my 34A, thanks.
  • I just brought my shoes.  I am also having cups put in and wearing VS undies.  I think if you plan on wearing a long bra or spanks definately bring those.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Damn boobs making life so complicated.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Is no one going panty-less?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2013
    EmilyTork said:
    Is no one going panty-less?
    Not me. I feel weird not wearing underwear when I'm out in public. (I've done it once. I was uncomfortable the entire time.)
  • lplions said:
    EmilyTork said:
    Not me. I feel weird not wearing underwear when I'm out in public. (I've done it once. I was uncomfortable the entire time.)
    totally agree, i barely wear thongs, dont get my wrong i dont wear granny panties but i just like my bum to be covered lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lplions ~ if only I could buy at VS!!!  LOL  Being a bigger girl they don't carry my size.  The bra I ordered online is no longer being sold so I'm back to square one on a strapless bra.  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • lplions said:
    EmilyTork said:
    totally agree, i barely wear thongs, dont get my wrong i dont wear granny panties but i just like my bum to be covered lol
    Ok, guess I'm weird! Haha. During my fitting (30 min?) I realized how fricken HOT the dress was. I feel like undies will just make it worse or will be one more hassle during bathroom breaks. 

• I'd be scared to go commando! 

Knowing my luck, big gust of wind or something else untoward happening while he's trying to remove a garter and EVERYONE's all up in my business then.  YIKES!!!
  • I'd be scared to go commando! 

Knowing my luck, big gust of wind or something else untoward happening while he's trying to remove a garter and EVERYONE's all up in my business then.  YIKES!!!
    Make for a good story ;)

But seriously... I must just be weird. Underwear are usually a PITA for me. I work with sex-offenders so I don't go panty-less at work (just not a good idea in my head) but in general I find them uncomfortable 
  • rkborkbo member
    @lplions ~ if only I could buy at VS!!!  LOL  Being a bigger girl they don't carry my size.  The bra I ordered online is no longer being sold so I'm back to square one on a strapless bra.  LOL
    @rustytammy Do you have a Macy's near you? 

I just ordered this bra along with a ton of other ones online, well I was killing time yesterday and decided to stop by macys to see if they had it in stock. (according to the online thing, they didn't) Not only did they have it in stock, it fit like a glove. It had really good support too. (this coming from someone with larger breasts) Looks like Macys carries it all the way up to 42DDD. 
  • @rhawndas ~ There is a Macy's nearby!  I will go check them out!  Thank you for the tip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I never go commando - or wear thongs. I've always just been more comfortable with the full coverage.  FI always requests thongs. Maybe I'll surprise him for the wedding...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards