Chit Chat

Some people on here are pretty mean :(

Re: Some people on here are pretty mean :(

• TiaTea said: @nsweare

Not really. I've never seen a question addressed to the oldies of the forum . ( Except when they talk to eachother :)  )

"Oldies" as opposite to the "newbies" in this:  "Newbies often get SUPER offended when someone disagrees or poo poos their idea - people aren't rude, they just don't agree." by southernbelle

What are you even talking about? Your lame smiley faces aren't making you sound any more logical, either, by the way. 

• TiaTea said:
    @nsweare

Not really. I've never seen a question addressed to the oldies of the forum . ( Except when they talk to eachother :)  )  That's because when you post to a public, online forum you post to EVERYONE - I've never seen seen a question where someone has said "I only want to hear responses from brides who have been engaged for less than 6 months." It would not go over well because this is the internet and a public forum. Anyone is allowed to ask a question. Anyone is allowed to answer.

"Oldies" as opposite to the "newbies" in this:  "Newbies often get SUPER offended when someone disagrees or poo poos their idea - people aren't rude, they just don't agree." by southernbelle

Also your analogy to the mall doesn't make sense and @nsweare's play on that was spot on.

It's more like someone at a conference center where anyone can come, chat, hangout and share their thoughts - each room is composed of people who like to talk about certain topics. Someone gets up on stage in, let's say, the etiquette room and says to the group, "I plan on making everyone stand for my ceremony because I don't have the money to rent chairs. What do you think?" She has asked a massive group of people what they think. Some may shout, "Do whatever you want! It's YOUR wedding!" whereas some may shout, "It's rude! Cut your budget somewhere else and provide people with a chair."

People don't always agree. That's just the way it is. I've never seen anyone throw a hissy fit someone agrees with them - even if they didn't like the way it was said. It seems like as long as people agree with whatever is posted, they aren't a "bad guy" or "mean".
    *********************************************************************************

• After my world tour of your posting contributions, I think the only possible "meanness" came from you calling us "nasty-naysers" because we told you the etiquette of a dollar dance and asking for money and indicated you're going to ignore it and do it anyway.

Talk about kicking us in the face for trying to support you.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Another thing to remember. You're on the internet. You might read a comment as rude or sarcastic or mean ,when its really genuine and not to meant to be really delivered like that at all.
  • Another thing to remember. You're on the internet. You might read a comment as rude or sarcastic or mean ,when its really genuine and not to meant to be really delivered like that at all.
    Yeah, spend some time with us and you may actually get to know what we're like
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • TiaTea said:
    @nsweare

Not really. I've never seen a question addressed to the oldies of the forum . ( Except when they talk to eachother :)  )

What the hell? Every question I have seen posted on any of these forums as be addressed to everyone on the boards, regardless if they are "oldies" or "newbies" as you called them.

And southernbelle is correct. Most of the girls getting their panties in a twist are the newer brides, they're also younger brides too.
    http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/WGSK.vZWc3Vjcw5690QwAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ0MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2013/07/01/gif-sourced---440-gif_223749.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• TiaTea said:
    @nsweare

What the hell? Every question I have seen posted on any of these forums as be addressed to everyone on the boards, regardless if they are "oldies" or "newbies" as you called them.

And southernbelle is correct. Most of the girls getting their panties in a twist are the newer brides, they're also younger brides too.
    http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/WGSK.vZWc3Vjcw5690QwAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ0MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2013/07/01/gif-sourced---440-gif_223749.gif

I'm sorry. I don't understand. I have not a bride nor was I talking about myself there.
    @aliciaharrison The newbies can't handle the truth when we answer their questions.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @aliciaharrison The newbies can't handle the truth when we answer their questions.
    Ah, forgive me. It kinda went over my head. Lol.
    Nah, it's all good!

• edited August 2013
    Wow, the poster was just trying to get some sympathy and here most of you go bashing what she says. So much for support.
    Sympathy for telling us the time we invest in reading and responding to her questions are unappreciated and we're mean because she doesn't like the responses?

Is this real life?
    imageimageimage

• @knotporscha -- this post is also not getting promoted to the top of the queue when a new post gets added and the last new post it shows on the Chit Chat main page is from 11 AM.

Mysterious! Without rereading the whole thing, I'm pretty sure this thread stayed really polite.
  • @alisonmarie thanks for the heads up! It looks like its updating again.
  • I feel like we are back in middle school when getting your period was cool. Who actually says things like that any more? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Some of the "ladies" commenting on this thread sound like they need a tampon. Just saying.

kidding me

• I feel like we are back in middle school when getting your period was cool. Who actually says things like that any more? 
    Posters close in age to middle school, apparently.  Her prior posts indicate she's a youngin'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards