Chit Chat

"Woe, is me" complaints go here.

Re: "Woe, is me" complaints go here.

• God, I'm whiney today.

First world problems - we have a Keurig in the office with two serving sizes - a little cup and a bigger cup. Even the bigger cup only fills up half my mug usually, but whatever. So this morning I use the K-cup that's less bold than our other option and the bigger cup setting, like I normally do. Except the Keurig fills my cup up almost completely so it's bland and watery. So for my second cup, I use the bolder coffee and the same button and it gives me half a cup and it's super strong.

I feel like goldilocks. I might go next door and see if their coffee is just right.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Maggie - those types of jobs are always temporary. It's hard to be patient when it sucks, but you will find something better.

Woe is me that we are having drainage issues in our backyard. H is an engineer and wants to fix everything himself. I should be happy that he's capable and saving us thousands of dollars, but I just want to hang out with him. If that's not a first world bride problem I don't know what is.

Same here! Actually, we're both engineers, but I'm the type that thinks time is money. I pay when I want something done because I'd rather spend my time doing thinks I enjoy; he thinks he can fix everything himself and spends every weekend tinkering with things. I drew a huge line this past week when several roof tiles fell off of his rental property from a storm. Instead of wanting to call a roofer,he suggested that he should fix them. Um, yeah, if you want to fall and kill yourself!!!!

I guess my work "woe is me" is that I'm too busy. Yeah- I'm on TK right now, but I am actually doing 2-3 things at the same time all of the time. LOL

Mine is like that too, but it's with home security. Instead of getting an alarm system, he wants to set up his own system with a thing that eMails him if someone comes in the house when we're not home. I explained to him that this was pointless if we were on vacation because what would he do? Call the non-emergency number for Nashville? It's silly. Just pay like $15 a month for monitoring!!

• Woe is me: FI and I are finally moved into our apartment and are starting to organize and separate everything when we realize that the neighbor's cigarette smoke is filtering through our bathroom vent! It wouldn't be such a woe-is-me but the smoke causes migraines and my asthma to kick in. We've already filed a complaint with the leasing office and are taking steps to prevent it but it's just so annoying! I say do what you want to your own body but it shouldn't affect me!

My job is actually pretty decent. I made it through the 90-day probationary period and am still here. My coworkers are pretty nice, we all get along and have even hung out outside of work a few times. The bosses can be a bit much sometimes but I don't take it personally.
  • I am in the same boat, not nearly enough to do to fill my 40 hour work week.  I recently applied for a great promotion that I had high hopes for but I didn't get it :(  However, I may still get that position in the future, there was just a better candidate this time around.  It's just frustrating because I really thought I had it, so now I have to adjust to the fact that I'm not getting out of this position just yet.

@RedJacks25, how did you get into that line of work?  I actually considered it at some point myself.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • @JordanF13, same problem at my apartment. I was able to overcome it by running the bathroom fan 24/7, but that's not a great solution ...
  • @KeptinStitches yeah that's what we've been doing but we're probably going to seal it up in the meantime and invest in a decent ionizer. We'll be on mold watch, sigh. Besides that, the apartment's great. 
  • daveANDkristen I actually found the job on Craigslist, lol. I wasn't specifically looking for this line of work, but it fit right in with what I love (English, grammar, punctuation, writing, etc.), so I applied and voila! Been here 3 years now.

To do live captioning, you need to go through years of schooling and practice. But because I do all post production work, I was able to do on-the-job training. It took me about a year and a half to become proficient with our captioning softwares.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is my list of work people:

There is a guy who talks to himself as he walks down the hall.

The guy who stops and hovers outside my office and looks at my candy jar but never gets candy.

The guy who doesn't have an office, and  bounces around form open conference room to open conference room to do his work.

The lady who goes thru the trash looking for aluminum cans (we do have recycle bins but can't get people to use them)

There are ladies that walk everyday to loose weight and then go to a burger place on the way back, then put 1/2 the burger in the company fridge,and leave it for a week and it grows mold.

• Glad to see I'm not the only one! I went to school for medical, got my degree and am now currently working in HR at a corporate office for a Japanese company. Clearly, this has nothing to do with my degree.

My job has it's perks, don't get me wrong, but like most of you, I sit in a cube and wait for something to do. If it is not a payroll week, there is nothing. I'm still not sure how this is possible considering we are a huge company, but it is.

I agree, pretending to be busy is sometimes more work than actually being busy, and it makes the day drag. Luckily, I can read all of these amusing posts :)

@maggie, in speaking with you in a couple of conversations now, I can't quite figure you out, but I think I like all of your challenging views.

• also, does anyone else have that ONE person that is "the office creep"? Just curious :)
  • @Nicomorrison14 what do you mean you "can't quite figure me out?"

And at my work we have quite a few office creeps.

• @magge, I didn't mean that as a bad thing. I find your responses intriguing as well as a few other people. Sometimes you seem really "hard headed" but other times you seem very down to earth. It was nice reading your post for this. It makes people realize they aren't the "only ones."

@Jells2dot0, though I am in the HR dept, we have a lot of technical engineers here too, and they are very awkward. Really nice, but on a completely different level. I don't think they are creepy lol, but we do have this one guy who BLATANTLY stares at everyones chest (big or small) and has that really awkward long stare. yuck. He's been talked to about it by my coworker so he has gotten a little better but...

and I love The Big Bang Theory :)

• @Nicomorrison14 - I guess it depends on the topic at hand.  If it is something that I feel really strongly about like HM registries or PPD then I may seem hard headed because in my mind there is no good reason for either of those things.  But with other topics I may be a bit more flexible when posters provide reasonings for certain things.  Also there are some things, like lets say labels on invites, that I really don't care about because it really doesn't effect my overall comfort as a guest of a wedding.  But I think it is like this with most people.  People will debate until they are blue in the face if they really believe that something is right or wrong, but then those same people will also just shrug their shoulders and say "whatever" if in the end it really doesn't matter.

• Very well put. I have to say I agree for the most part. Sometimes, although it is hard not to feel "attacked" once in a while (speaking on behalf of others as well) I think it is important to hear from different people and what they think. It makes the poster think with a different perspective that maybe they hadn't before. After all, isn't that the whole point of a debate?
  • Completely agree.  If all the posters just agreed with whatever the original poster said or asked it would make for one boring forum and same with everyday life.  If everyone agreed with everyone else people would be walking around like zombies cause then they would never have to use their brains.

• So, since this is a "complaints" board, I'm usually not one for getting into politics, and I'm almost afraid to do so, but I'm curious to see what all of my fellow Americans think about this whole Syria thing, and anything else for that matter? I guess this would be my complaint of the day, seeing as though I think it is a HUGE mistake to go to war with them, in my opinion.
  • So my boss quit and decided to burn bridges on the way out. He ended up getting fired before his notice was up. Honestly, I can't say I blame him for quitting - he was constantly put in a shitty position by other people in the company and there was someone rather high up in the company basically trying to sabotage him on a regular basis. But I really wish he couldve kept his cool for a few more weeks. 

Where it gets really woe is me and really first world problems - there are only two people here who do my job. We can cover for each other but it's a ton of work to do that. He was going to help out with the day to day while I am out for the wedding. Obviously that isn't going to happen anymore. If he had just not gotten himself fired, it would have taken us through the wedding and honeymoon. I will still be able to take time off, but I feel terrible that the other girl who does the same job is going to have to take on that much work for basically a week and a half now. 
  • Woe is me- my FI is out of a job (its been 2.5 weeks now) We have not heard from unemployment yet, we have a plan for him to apply for an electrical apprenticeship, but he has to get his GED first (since his parents pulled him out of high school one credit short of his diploma) and he has been working under the table with his dad. Its stressful for me because we are planning and saving for a wedding and I am just trying to maintain my anxiety! Thank god for therapy.
    Anniversary
  • @Maggie0829 You are definitely not the only one! I'm kind of in the same position as you. I went to school and still don't have a job doing what I went there for. I work at a desk all day, taking staples out of stacks of paper, and then scanning all the pages. It is extremely boring, and tiring! I only stay here because it pays my bills, which seem to be stacking and stacking with the wedding coming up that I'm forced to look for a 2nd job. I'm not having luck with finding a 2nd job and I'm getting super stressed as to how I'm going to pay for everything :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just blocked my mom from my feed. I can't take it anymore. We get along fine but pretty much all she uses facebook for is posting embarrassingly hateful, offensive crap spewed straight from Glenn Beck's putrid mouth.

Some gems from just the last couple days:

And of course plenty of crap about Obama not being a citizen, etc. 

Now don't get me wrong, if you're conservative that's fine. But be fucking intelligent about it and realize that no matter what side of the political spectrum you're on, constantly posting about it WILL MAKE PEOPLE HATE YOU. 

A family that has been neighbors with us for decades, including my best friend, is friends with her too and they are very liberal but keep pretty quiet about it. They know to just ignore her but it's embarrassing for my mom's own sake that she posts this crap. The concept of not talking politics among mixed company is totally lost on her. Oh and my nephew has ADHD, legitimately and severely yet she still posts that shit. 

Anyway. I feel a lot better now. 
  • ooooh my turn... "woe, is me" why does my "boss" get paid to not even come to work... and when he does.. does nothing but play online and watch movies and makes me e-mail people for him when he clearly could do it himself. I wish I could miss as many days as him and still get paid.. granted I am planning my whole wedding while getting paid to do it because there is basically no work for me. I so bored. Good thing they pay well or I'd be looking for a more active job. Sitting on my butt all day isn't fun when there's nothing more to read on theknot or my other forums :/
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @Maggie0829 You are definitely not the only one! I'm kind of in the same position as you. I went to school and still don't have a job doing what I went there for. I work at a desk all day, taking staples out of stacks of paper, and then scanning all the pages. It is extremely boring, and tiring! I only stay here because it pays my bills, which seem to be stacking and stacking with the wedding coming up that I'm forced to look for a 2nd job. I'm not having luck with finding a 2nd job and I'm getting super stressed as to how I'm going to pay for everything :/
    You sound like me too. Got a degree to teach German... I sit at a desk all day instead. Though, I do work for a school district, but all i do is play with excel spreadsheets and copy things.
    You sound like me too. Got a degree to teach German... I sit at a desk all day instead. Though, I do work for a school district, but all i do is play with excel spreadsheets and copy things.
    I'd employ you. FI and I both took a few years of German in high school and...habe viel vergessen. Every few months we talk about how we'd like to finish learning German.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    I'd employ you. FI and I both took a few years of German in high school and...habe viel vergessen. Every few months we talk about how we'd like to finish learning German.
    Awe that would be so cool! The only thing I do in the language now is translate German school documents because a school just recently got a German student, but can't read his paperwork.
  • Tonight should have easily been the night I made the most money in one night all year.  The neighborhood the restaurant I work at is in has an annual music and art festival, which normally brings in HUGE crowds.  Last year we were completely slammed all day, and people buy shittons of alcohol. We also have an awesome patio right along the parade route, so we are a prime spot.  It's a long and stressful day, but sooo worth the money. Unfortunately it rained all day, and by rain I mean the skies opened up and dropped everything unholy on us.  The festival still happened, as in vendors still set up their tents and what not, but it was dead.  We had a few people grab tables inside to watch the parade from (which was a tragic, pathetic excuse for a parade) but that was about it. There is usually a music stage set up across from us, they didn't even bother this year.  I got sent home at 3pm.  It totally sucked.  I was really looking forward to making some good money, which we are in need of what with the wedding being right around the corner and still plenty of things left to pay for..grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • My car died today.  She was my first and only car.  It makes me super sad.  I didn't realize how attached to my car I was until today. 

I need a new car.  I don't want to buy one. I am planning a wedding.  I don't need another expense.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • @MaryGraceRich So sorry to hear about your car!! First cars always have a special place in your heart. What's wrong with it?? And I totally understand you with not wanting to get a new one :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!
    It lost compression so it was running on 3 cylinders instead of 4. The mechanic said we can fix it but we have no idea what kind of damage it did to the engine. And I need motor mounts and springs and struts.
    The car shopping will begin soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • My woe is me..

The store I work for is closing and I need to find a new job within about a month :/  I've had my BA in communications for a few years, but I haven't done anything with it because I've just always had regular jobs.  I have been searching and searching and can't find anything.  UGH.  Annnnd I'm also constantly wishing I could visit home and my family (we moved 12 hours from my family for fiance's job relocation), but can't afford to! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards