September 2014 Weddings

Perfect date..now inside or outside?

Hey ladies. So now that we finally decided on a date (September 6th, 2014) I was thinking about whether I would want to do an outside wedding or not. I know early September whether is beautiful...but it all depends on how nice of a venue I can get. Maybe we'll have the cocktail party outside and the reception inside. I don't know. What do you think?

Re: Perfect date..now inside or outside?

• I am getting married Sept 27th, 2014 and we are having our ceremony and reception outside.  It will depend on the time you are having the wedding also.  We are having ours in the later in the afternoon so it'll be cool and not really hot.  Sept is a beautiful time of the year and it's not too hot or too cold.  It is your wedding so whatever you want will be perfect because it is going to make you happy.  Good luck in planning!
  • Aphrodite0869, we have chosen the same date! Unfortunately, we are still searching for a venue that will meet all of our needs. 

We want an outside wedding and indoor reception with floor to ceiling windows. We are also going with a late wedding in hopes of the weather cooling into the night. Daniroth, an outside cocktail party would be great outside. The thing I am hoping for is a place that will have a shaded area for those needing a quick refresher. With your date being early in September, I would think (but not too much) about the heat index at that time of year and go with a location that has some trees nearby to give you a breeze. Speak with the coordinator at your venue of choice. They should be able to provide you with the average weather conditions for that time of year along with which direction the sun is facing. You can make it work to fit your desires!
  • daniroth said:
    Hey ladies. So now that we finally decided on a date (September 6th, 2014) I was thinking about whether I would want to do an outside wedding or not. I know early September whether is beautiful...but it all depends on how nice of a venue I can get. Maybe we'll have the cocktail party outside and the reception inside. I don't know. What do you think?

What part of the country are you from? I am "planning" an outside ceremony for Sept 20, 2014 (!!!!) I think when it comes to outside your only real enemy is the rain (even if it is chilly that can be dealt with. And rain can happen anytime so why not plan for it outside. Just have a backup plan:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards