Knottie Tech Help

Re: What the hell.

• I just removed it again and sending over to tech.
  • TK seriously needs to get its shit together, just FYI.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • kristbot said:
    TK seriously needs to get its shit together, just FYI
    Agreed. I'm not sure how you plan on building a "new postive environment" if you plan to be so lazy and glitchy with user profiles.
  • KP, this is getting unacceptable. How many other people have been caught by this "glitch?" We notice MissHart because she's well-known and well-liked, but lesser-known posters could be caught. You need to tell tech to move this to the top of their list.
  • KP, this is getting unacceptable. How many other people have been caught by this "glitch?" We notice MissHart because she's well-known and well-liked, but lesser-known posters could be caught. You need to tell tech to move this to the top of their list.
    I was thinking this too.  I talk to some people outside TK and can tell them I've been banned.  What about other people who only have a handful of posts and can't do anything about it.  I can't even send a PM to KP to tell her.
  • This is my fault, I spray painted a big ol' target on MissHart's back a few weeks ago...
  • This is my fault, I spray painted a big ol' target on MissHart's back a few weeks ago...
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Remember, this is Friday. And, it's not 4:59 pm. I'm surprised (not) on two fronts. First is that Vanilla has been around a long time and has tons of forums. Why this repeated error? I sincerely doubt Vanilla has fixed anything. They are too big to jump immediately on one small customer's issue. Second is that TK has this employee who is essentially a super mod of the board called Tech Help. There is no tech help here. There is only board moderation. We get what we pay for. That said, my kids and I are so very thankful for the knowledge we get here from the members. So, thank you TK for what you can do.
  • Remember, this is Friday. And, it's not 4:59 pm. I'm surprised (not) on two fronts. First is that Vanilla has been around a long time and has tons of forums. Why this repeated error? I sincerely doubt Vanilla has fixed anything. They are too big to jump immediately on one small customer's issue. Second is that TK has this employee who is essentially a super mod of the board called Tech Help. There is no tech help here. There is only board moderation. We get what we pay for. That said, my kids and I are so very thankful for the knowledge we get here from the members. So, thank you TK for what you can do.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcf5lvix1x1rfkogxo1_500.gif

Sorry hun, but you lost me here.  Maybe I need more coffee. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• edited September 2013

Remember, this is Friday. And, it's not 4:59 pm. I'm surprised (not) on two fronts. First is that Vanilla has been around a long time and has tons of forums. Why this repeated error? I sincerely doubt Vanilla has fixed anything. They are too big to jump immediately on one small customer's issue. Second is that TK has this employee who is essentially a super mod of the board called Tech Help. There is no tech help here. There is only board moderation. We get what we pay for. That said, my kids and I are so very thankful for the knowledge we get here from the members. So, thank you TK for what you can do.

I'm having trouble interpreting this. At first, I think you are saying that because we are posing the questions within normal operating hours, we should get responses.

Then, I see smoke being blown up TK's skirt and I re-read it and I *think* you're telling us to suck it up because it's Friday, it's a free forum, and because there's no tech support we really shouldn't expect a resolution?

Hey, maybe that's true...but again, I'm surprised that we're told we are important and that TK cares about us.  Also, I believe TK has a direct tech group and it's not just vanilla. My experience with companies like Vanilla is that they do respond within a few days to tickets.

We used to have a fairly decent community. The members who know anything are dwindling.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Opps. Sorry. 1. This crap usually happens just before the weekend when there no one around is to address it. 2. Vanilla has premium service. I doubt if TK is paying for it, so Vanilla will get to it when it gets to it. I work in software. First thing we look at is, who's complaining, and then we look at, how widespread does this problem seem to be. My guess the ticket is low priority. 3. I'm guessing again, but most likely the TK tech group continues to work on their website while letting Vanilla take care of the boards. It would be uncommly strange if TK techs had access to forum tech issues. 4. Thanks to you both, and to the regs for educating me in wedding etiquette! Hope this help explain my post.
  • Yes, that is helpful! 

This trouble started LAST Friday though, so it's been around all week as an issue. If we had mods, they could keep MissHart up until They fix the problem while TK is off for the weekend.

imageimageimage

• At least KP was around to reverse it quickly.
  • Thank you for clarifying and not calling me a moron, even though you had a right to. .  if the TOS would allow it :-P

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Thank you for not calling me a moron when I didn't make myself clear.
  • Thank you for not calling me a moron when I didn't make myself clear.
  • If we agree to call each others morons, do they cancel out?
    imageimageimage

• Wait this is a third party message board software? Really? It's terrible.
    Anniversary
  • At least KP was around to reverse it quickly.
    Today she was.  Tomorrow...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards