Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Flowers on a Tight Budget

Hi Pittsburgh Brides!  I've been lurking around for awhile but this is my first post.  I'm getting married July 5, 2014 at the Hyeholde in Moon, and I'm having a hard time with flowers.  I'm not really a big flower person to begin with so I've been concentrating the majority of our budget on food, alcohol, music and photos.  The Hyeholde is so beautiful I figured I wouldn't need too much decor inside.  Does anyone have any florist recommendations on a budget?  I'd really like to spend less than $300 total for my bouquet, four bridesmaids bouquets, FI and the groomsmen boutonnieres, a corsage for my mom and boutonnieres for my dad and FFIL.   Is that possible?  I'm thinking of making my own centerpieces.  Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: Flowers on a Tight Budget

• Try Blumengarten in the Strip. Flowers were literally the last thing on my mind and they quoted me a really reasonable price for my flowers. I'm also doing my own centerpieces, so the price they quoted me was pretty much what you're asking for and it was around $350. 
  • We used Memories in Bloom in Canonsburg (PM me if you want the contact info). They did our flowers (6 bridesmaids bouquets, my ginormous bouquet, 5 corsages, and 12 bouts) for a little over $500.
  • HOLY CRAP - these prices are great!!! Thanks for posting & thanks for all of the replies !!!!  I'm getting married 12.27 so with all the venue holiday decorations, I also do not need much aside from bridal party bouquets & the moms/dads etc .... 
  • jolene118jolene118 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    I got all my flowers at Trader Joe's and spent a grand total of $132 for my wedding last Sunday. Fortunately, my MIL's best friend works for a florist and knows how to arrange bouquets and everything, so she was a really great person to have there. I had the exact same feelings towards flowers as you - didn't really care too much. We went to TJ's the day before and just picked up whatever we could find, but I was open to whatever and they had a really great selection. It's really important to go in the morning, take buckets with a few inches of water, and have the fridge space ready to go if you decide to do flowers yourself like that. I didn't do a ton of flowers on my tables (used peaches instead) and also didn't do whole bouquets for the bridesmaids. I had clutches for them and we pinned gardenias to the front the morning of the wedding, so that helped also. But we did do a whole bouquet for me, 12 boutonnieres, 6 corsages, the gardenias for the bridesmaids, and had a lot left over. Everything was so beautiful also! So it is definitely doable on a small budget if you have the time and are willing to learn how!
  • Contact Val Brooks, she does event flowers out of her home after working in floral for most of her life -- for 420 dollars I am getting 8 sets of long stem roses for my bridesmaids, 2 dozen rose bouquet for me, 10 rose boutonnieres, 2 mini rose bouquets for moms, and more. I know other friends who have used her and been 110% satisfied. Her number is 412-418-0550 and you can just tell her you were ref'd from theKnot.
  • I was planning on ordering from Sam's Club and making my own bouquets. Our centerpieces are included with our reception. I was looking to spend 260 just for the calla lillies, not including any greenery or supplies. I found budget blossoms by Jilliann on Facebook. Her prices were better than what I could find at sams club.
  • I have horrible allergies so I stuck with silk flowers.
    My bouquet $60
    Maid of honor $45
    Bridesmaids $35 each
    Flower girl corsage $5 each
    Mothers corsages $12 each
    Any boutineer $10 each
    Free throw bouquet

My wedding is steelers themed. Here's my bouquet

HappyDayFlowerCo on Etsy
  • Check out the Shop n' Save in Bridgeville. You may scoff because it is a shop n' save but they have this whole bridal floral section. A ton of people I know got them there and saved an insane amount.
  • I just got a quote from budget blossoms by Jilliann too! She was great!! I am getting sunflowers and dahlias for myself and my bridal party, tall centerpieces and some other things for $900!!
  • I'm using Jillian too:) she's been great to work with thus far!

• Sensing a theme....I used Blossoms by Jilliann too! Great!
  • We are going with Jill too :) 
  • FamilyDriedFlowers is a great etsy shop with some pre-created collections of bridal bouquets and boutioneers as well as the capability for custom creations. I used them for my bouquet, 7 boutioneers, 1 corsage and got 3 loose bunches to make my own bridesmaids bouquets. It was under $225 and I can use my bouquet at my house for years to come. 
  • I just met with Jill and I've booked her for Aug 16, 2014! 
  • My wedding is in 2015, but I've already booked Jill, too. She was half the price of another vendor that I met with! 
  • We are going with Sam's club.  DIY.
  • I highly recommend Jill!! You will save lots.

We had a very nontraditional and smaller wedding (70 people including children) and we didn't have a wedding party...

I believe we ended up having 14 centerpieces (we made the logs for them and she provided flowers) and my bouquet and a boutonniere for under $250 and she delivered it the morning of to our location. 
  • Here was my bouquet and a picture of a centerpiece :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards