Chit Chat

Relationship Timelines

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited September 2013 in Chit Chat
I just read an article on Yahoo about relationship timelines and milestones, so I'm curious...what was your timeline?

First Met:

First Kiss:

First Date:

Sex:

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend:

Meet the parents:

I love you's:

Move in day:

Marriage talk/proposal:

Wedding Date:

Here is mine:

First Met: January 2007 (we were Biology partners in college and remained friends)

First Kiss: January 10th, 2013, a month after 'hanging out' again and decided to date.

First Date: January 18th, 2012, a week after deciding to date.

Sex: 2 months after dating

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: one week after we had sex

Meet the parents: I met his before we were dating, he met mine a month into dating.

I love you's: 2 months into dating.

Move in day: a month after calling each other bf/gf, 2 months after "dating"

Marriage talk/proposal: 2 months into dating, a couple weeks before we moved in together.

Wedding Date: no wedding date yet.

Anniversary

Re: Relationship Timelines

• First Met: October 2009

First Kiss: Later than month, October 2009

First Date: October 2009 

Sex: December 2009

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: November 2009

Meet the parents:  November 2009

I love you's: Late December 2009

Move in day: April 2013

Marriage talk/proposal: Marriage talk has been going on for a while, proposal in July 2013

Wedding Date: No date set, probably in August or September 2015

• I just read an article on Yahoo about relationship timelines and milestones, so I'm curious...what was your timeline?

First Met: My first week of freshmen year of HS. Same group of friends.

First Kiss: 5 years later - March 2007

First Date: April 2007. Yes, the kiss was first. Don't tell my mom.

Sex: April 2007. Again, don't tell my mom.

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: September 2007. Long story.

Meet the parents: Umm..Sometime that summer. We both lived at home.

I love you's: September 2007

Move in day: May 2009

Marriage talk/proposal: Talk - 2010 - on. Proposal 8/10/2012

Wedding Date: 8/2/2014

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • First Met: Aug 2011

First Kiss: Nov 2011

First Date: like as a couple? Jan 2012 othewise we used to have dinner as co workers sinc Nov 2011

Sex: End of Nov 2011

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: Jan 2012

Meet the parents: He met mine in March 2012 for my b day and i met his April 2012 for his

I love you's: Dec 2011

Move in day: Jan 2012

Marriage talk/proposal: Jun 2012

Wedding Date: Oct 2014

Anniversary
  • These don't really give an accurate snapshot of us because we dated from 1997-2000 then were just friends for three years before losing touch for nine years and finding each other again in April 2012 but....

First Met:  August 13, 1997

First Kiss:  Same night

First Date: August 14, 1997

Sex: After our first date. I was a dirty,dirty whore back then! ;- )

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: No idea. Probably a couple of weeks later?  This time, by the end of the same weekend he came up to see me for the first time after nine years apart.

Meet the parents:  June 27, 1013.  I had the chance to meet them three months after we first met when we dated the first time, but there's a story there.

I love yous:  Originally, probably about a month after we met.   This time, by the end of the same weekend he came up to see me for the first time after nine years apart.

Move in day:  October 4, 2012 (but we also lived together the summer of 1998)

Marriage talk/proposal:  First time ever talking marriage was summer of 1998.  This time summer of 2012Proposal July 4, 2013.

Wedding Date: November 2, 2013

• First Met: 10/2010

First Kiss: 12/2010

First Date: 12/2010

Sex: 1/2011

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: 1/2011

Meet the parents: 1/2011

I love you's: 5/2011

Move in day: 6/2011

Marriage talk/proposal: 9/24/2011

Wedding Date: 8/18/2012

Expecting offspring #1 in 12/2013

We don't move slowly... :-D

• emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

First Met: October 2011

First Kiss: February 2012

First Date: February 2012

Sex: February 2012 (also after our first date, which, uh, wasn't a date, really. We just started calling it that retroactively...)

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: April 2012 (two months after the first "date")

Meet the parents: April 2012

I love you's: April 2012

Move in day: November 2012 (9 months after starting dating)

Marriage talk/proposal: Started talking about marriage before we moved in together. I take cohabitation very seriously. Actual proposal was January 29, 2013. (11 months)

Wedding Date: August 24, 2013 (18 months after starting dating, seven months after proposal)

Now I like to tell friends they should be careful about one-night stands: You never know if you might end up marrying him! :)

• emmyg65 said:

Now I like to tell friends they should be careful about one-night stands: You never know if you might end up marrying him! :)

Hahaha I hear ya! DH said he thought he'd never see me again either after the one night. SURPRISE! You got yourself a wife! ;-)
  • First Met: April 2005

First Kiss: October 25, 2007

First Date: October 26, 2007

Sex: April 2009

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: November 2007

Meet the parents: October 2007

I love you's: February 14, 2008

Move in day: October 6, 2013

Marriage talk/proposal:December 24, 2012

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • itzMS said:
    emmyg65 said:

Hahaha I hear ya! DH said he thought he'd never see me again either after the one night. SURPRISE! You got yourself a wife! ;-)
    Yep.  We met at 9 pm on a Wednesday.  Went on our first date the next Thursday late afternoon and were back at his place and in for the whole night by 8 pm.  I went home the next morning thinking to myself  "Now why the HELL did I do that?!   I really liked that guy!"   I totally wrote the whole thing off because no healthy, long term relationship follows from jumping into bed 24 hours after you first meet each other.  Right?   Or not...
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    I'll do my best with this, but we've been together so long...

First Met: March 2003

First Kiss: September 7, 2003

First Date: September 7, 2003

Sex: About two years after we started dating 

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: I think the night of our first date

Meet the parents: night of our first date-  he still lived at home

I love you's: I don't remember!

Move in day: 1/15/2011

Marriage talk/proposal: Marriage talk- probably the last four years we dated. Proposal 3/28/13

Wedding Date: 4/26/14

• First Met: Jan 2010

First Kiss: Jan 2010 (third date.  If he hadn't made a move then, I was done with him)

First Date: Jan 2010

Sex: March 2010, I think??

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: Feb 2010?  I was debating, my friend said that since we hadn't had "the talk", I didn't have to call him my boyfriend.  He then told me he loved me, so my friend informed me that the talk was toast now, and we were boyfriend/girlfriend.  It was a pretty funny conversation

Meet the parents: Mine - April 2010, His, Dec 2010 as they live across the country from us

I love you's: Him - Feb 2010, Me - Mar 2010

Move in day: Officially, July 2010, but unofficially sometime in the spring, averaging 5-6 days per week

Marriage talk/proposal: Dec 2010

Wedding Date: Mar 2012

Kids Date: Hopefully never  :)

• I just read an article on Yahoo about relationship timelines and milestones, so I'm curious...what was your timeline?

First Met:

First Kiss:

First Date:

Sex:

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend:

Meet the parents:

I love you's:

Move in day:

Marriage talk/proposal:

Wedding Date:

Here is mine:

First Met: January 2007 (we were Biology partners in college and remained friends)

First Kiss: January 10th, 2013, a month after 'hanging out' again and decided to date.

First Date: January 18th, 2012, a week after deciding to date.

Sex: 2 months after dating

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: one week after we had sex

Meet the parents: I met his before we were dating, he met mine a month into dating.

I love you's: 2 months into dating.

Move in day: a month after calling each other bf/gf, 2 months after "dating"

Marriage talk/proposal: 2 months into dating, a couple weeks before we moved in together.

Wedding Date: no wedding date yet.

First Met: Jan 2010

First Kiss: July 2010

First Date: I don't think we ever really had a "first date."

Sex: July 2010

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: Jan 2012

Meet the parents: He met mine Jun 2011, I met his Oct 2011

I love you's: Oct 2012

Move in day: Jan 2012

Marriage talk/proposal: both Sept 2012

Wedding Date: May 17, 2014

Our timeline is a little funky because we were in law school when we met and were mostly friends-with-benefits. We didn't get serious because we always had an "expiration date" on our relationship. But fate had a different plan. I got pregnant in April 2011 and we had a beautiful daughter in Dec 2011. We didn't plan on being a couple, but we fell in love during the pregnancy and first months of our daughter's life.

• First Met: high school (he was friends with my brother)

First Kiss: March 2, 2007

First Date: March 2, 2007

Sex: Couple months after we started dating

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: March 20, 2007

Meet the Parents: we already knew each other's parents

I love you's: Summertime....July or August 2007?

Move in day: December 1, 2010

Marriage talk/proposal: Marriage talk started about a year and a half before we got engaged. Got engaged on August 24, 2012

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

• First Met: March 1999.  He was a senior in HS and I was a junior living in another state.  We met when I accompanied students on the piano for a music festival.

First Date: March 2002.  I moved to his hometown for college and it took me 8 months to get him to ask me out ;) We went out during one of the biggest blizzards of the winter that year.

Sex: Sometime in April 2002

Boyfriend/Girlfriend: The day after our first date his dad came to "meet" me and called me his GF.  It stuck.

Meet the Parents: His are divorced.  His dad the day after our first date, his mom about 5 months later.  He met my parents like 3 months after our first date.

I love you's: April 2002

Move in Day: We actually broke up winter 2005.  We were very young at the time and (I thought) I was ready to grow up and take our relationship to the next level.  He wasn't.  We hit a roadblock in our relationship and we called it off.  Fast-forward to 2011, we got back in touch with each other and started talking again.  We both realized that we never thought breaking-up would have been permanent and we wanted to give it another shot.  But by then we lived in different states.  We ultimately decided that if we were going to do this again, we had to live in the same area.  He moved in the week before Christmas 2011.

Marriage talk/Proposal: Marriage has been part of the discussion since he moved in but ultimately he didn't propose until June this year.

Wedding Date: Nov 15th, 2013.

• First Met: June 2009

First Kiss: August 2009

First Date: August 2009

Sex: August 2009

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: September 2009

Meet the parents: his - Oct 2009, mine - November 2009

I love you's: September 2009

Move in day: December 2009

Marriage talk/proposal: proposal November 30, 2009

First kiddo born: June 1, 2010

Wedding Date: October 23, 2011
  • First Met: February 2008

First Kiss: November 2009

First Date: October 2009

Sex: May 2010

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: October 2009

Meet the parents: He already knew my parents, but I met his in December 2009.

I love you's: November 2009

Move in day: January 2010

Marriage talk/proposal: Marriage talk pretty immediately, but proposal in November 2012.

Wedding Date: 19 October 2013

• First Met: August 2003 (we met when we were 12)

First Kiss: November 10, 2008

First Date: We never really had a first date..we had known each other 5 years by that point

Sex:  3 months after starting to date

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: November 10, 2008

Meet the parents: He met my mom in 2006, I think he met my dad in 2008. I met his mom in 2005 and his dad in 2008.

love you's: 2005 (we had a puppy love type thing going on throughout our friendship)

Move in day: Officially, May 2013

Marriage talk/proposal: talk= 2005 (we decided that we would get married when we turned 30, lol), serious talk= probably right after starting to officially date, proposal= August 2013

Wedding Date: not set yet, but hoping for June 2015

• First Met: We first met in my freshmen year of high school when I was dating his best friend who was a sophomore at the time

First Kiss: I have a terrible memory but I want to say it was October 27, 2007

First Date: October 27, 2007

Sex: November 17, 2007

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: October 29, 2007

Meet the parents: His father passed away when he was young, but I met his mother around the time I was dating his friend. He probably met my parents around the time we started dating.

I love you's: I think a couple weeks after we started dating lol

Move in day: I had talked with my mom numerous times about letting me move in with him, and she was not happy with the idea at all...then in December after a little over 2 months of dating I started slowly bringing more items over to his moms house. It actually worked in my favor because it was snowing a lot and I told my mom it wasn't safe for me to drive and I had to spend the night a lot. Then in January 2008 I had to have my appendix removed and ended up staying with him more because he took care of me, and it continued on from there.

Marriage talk/proposal: We had been talking about marriage very early on in our relationship. I think we both knew that this is what we wanted, and it's always felt right being with each other. He proposed on May 12, 2012.

Wedding Date: April 26, 2014

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Met:  August 2002--High school sweetheats
    First Kiss: December 2002  First Date:  November 2002
    Sex:  The morning after our wedding, June 2013 :)Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend:  December 2002Meet the parents:  November 2002.  First date I went over to his house, and apparently, it was his moms birthday.  So the whole family went out to dinner, including a couple aunts/cousins.  Kind of intimidating...I love you's:  December 2002Move in day:  Day after our wedding, so June 2013Marriage talk/proposal:  We talked about marriage even during high school, but there's no way we were going to marry so young.  We talked about it again closer to the proposal, after we were done with college, and he proposed April 2011.Wedding Date:  June 1, 2013

SaveSave
  • icecreamS04icecreamS04 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2013

First Met: 3/13/09 (friday the 13th during a match of our favourite soccer club)
    First Kiss: 5/22/09
    First Date: 4/24/09 (talked every waking hour after that, well it wasn't just the two of us...)... so it might as well be  5/22/09
    Sex: 5/23/09
    Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: 5/22/09
    Meet the parents: 5/30/9 he met my mom, a week after that I met his parents
    I love you's: 06/09
    Move in day: 02/10
    Marriage talk/proposal: 5/23/13
    Wedding Date: 8/9/14

• First Met: September 2007

First Kiss: June 7, 2008

First Date: So, he took me on what turned out to be a date the night he asked me out (basically awkwardly paid for everything and then was like, "...I like you. A lot. Can we go on a real date that I actually asked you on soon?" That was June 1, 2008. :) And then the "real first date" happened June 7, 2008.

Sex: May 2010

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: Pretty much immediately

Meet the parents: Within a couple months of starting to date

I love you's: Hm. I want to say August 2008 or thereabouts.

Move in day: *Sigh* Not yet. Probably sometime in Fall 2014.

Wedding Date: Also probably sometime in Fall or Winter 2014.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    edited September 2013
    First Met: August 2008

First Kiss: October 2008

First Date: September 2008 - We don't really remember what our first date was. We just hung out all the time and eventually made it official.

Sex: October 2012 - We were waiting until marriage but then decided not to.

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: September 2008

Meet the parents: He met my parents November 2008 and I met his parents March 2009

I love you's: I said it January 2009, he said it March 2009

Move in day: We do not live together yet

Marriage talk/proposal:
    We've been talking marriage since July 2008 but no proposal yet

Wedding Date: The plan is for this summer :)

• First Met: August 2008

First Date: September 2008 - We don't really remember what our first date was. We just hung out all the time and eventually made it official.

Meet the parents: He met my parents November 2008 and I met his parents March 2009

Marriage talk/proposal:

Umm...its September. You might want to get on that. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    edited September 2013
    First Met: August 2008

Marriage talk/proposal:

Umm...its September. You might want to get on that. 
    Obviously I meant next summer.

• First Met: January  2003

First Kiss: November 2005

First Date: October 2005

Sex: November 2005

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: December 2005

Meet the parents: Early 2006 (dont remember exactly when)

I love you's: March 2006

Move in day: October 2009

Marriage talk/proposal: 
    September 2010

Wedding Date: April 2012
    Married April 27th 2012
  • First Met: JOctober 8, 2011

First Kiss: October 15, 2011

First Date: Also October 8 (blind date via online)

Sex: October 15, 2011 

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: I think about a month after meeting

Meet the parents: I met his over Thanksgiving, so a month and a half. He met mine Aug 2012

I love you's: Decemberish?

Move in day: May 2012

Marriage talk/proposal: 
    Started talking about it October 2012ish. Proposed in August 2013.

Wedding Date: June 22 2014
  • First Met: May 2008

First Kiss: April 3 2013

First Date: April 3 2013

Sex: Around April 10th I think. 

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: I think the week of April 15

Meet the parents: He met mine April 2013, I met his dad same month. Met his mom July 2013. All of our parents met each other in July 2013 as well. 

I love you's: End of April 2013

Move in day: Not yet exactly. I technically still have my apartment but most of my clothes are at his place and I spend more time there than my place. 

Marriage talk/proposal: I believe we talked about marriage in July. He proposed September 4th 2013.

Wedding Date: 9/27/14

• First Met: November 2007 (I was sitting in on one of his German classes before I decided to actually attend college) We re-met (since I didn't know his name) in Spring of 2011.

First Kiss: December 30, 2011

First Date: December 30, 2011

Sex: Oh boy. December 30, 2011 (my bad..)

Calling/considering each other as boyfriend/girlfriend: January 11, 2012

Meet the parents: He met mine Feb 13, 2012 I met his March 2012

I love you's: Feb 14, 2012

Move in day: Sept 9, 2012

Marriage talk/proposal: talk: May, 2012 is when it started. Propose: December 31, 2012

Wedding Date: June 28, 2014

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • First Met: August 2008

Marriage talk/proposal:

might want to wait on planning until he proposes :/
  • itzMS said:
    emmyg65 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that it happened that way hahaha too funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards