Wedding Reception Forum

Cancelled Wedding Kindness

So I was on Yahoo! and saw this article on a wedding that was cancelled, but instead of walking away from a reception that was already  payed for, they invited a bunch of people from a homeless shelter to partake in the reception instead. Read the story below and tell me your thoughts. I have never even thought about something like that before. It sure made me tear up! :') 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cancelled Wedding Kindness

• I didn't read the link yet, but that truly is a great way to give!  I should have thought of that...I did cancel a wedding.  I didn't have it all paid for, though, just lost my deposits, but they could've applied towards someone who couldn't afford a lot. 
  • Someone already posted about this on another board. 
  • Uh oh, looks like emmaxbean93 should have read all of the other boards before posting this. 
  • I wasn't being mean, I was just letting her know. 
  • Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Oops! My bad. But yes, @jenn77b I thought it was very sweet. Don't worry- I wouldn't have either until I read the article. It would be very nice as well to apply it but I know they will state that it was for holding the place for your date, which I get, but still haha.

EDITED: Spelling, Adding on, etc 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards