Snarky Brides

Last second bridal party?

FH and I are planning our destination wedding for next September in Mexico. This is my second marriage (and wedding) and his first. We are not planning to have a BP. *IF* a certain few of our friends and family are able to come is it ok to ask them to stand up for us last minute? I don't want to ask anyone beforehand because I do not want anyone to feel pressured by BP "obligation" to make the trip if they can't afford to. Nor do I want them to plan any outings or parties if they're not able, I don't want to pick out dresses and all the other hoopla. If we just ask last minute does this upset any wedding etiquette I'm not aware of?

Re: Last second bridal party?

• SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it's against etiquette but I think it might be nicer just to get them a corsage/boutonniere to honour them rather than spring something like that on them last minute.

ETA: clarity
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • We'll absolutely provide bouquets/boutonnieres if it all works out.
  • I think your plan is totally fine. 
  • I have no idea what other people are going to think, but I think it's very considerate of you to do it this way.
  • I love your thinking on this! Some of the crazy brides with tons of expectations of their BP should read this post!
  • Great idea! I see no downside.
  • sounds good to me.
  • Sadly, FH shot it down! He said he just wanted it to be he and I. I was a little shocked. Until he reminded me that the desire has always been to just be really simple, just the two of us. Maybe I'll revisit it with him in the future. If it doesn't work out, that's ok too - they'll all be literally 5-8 feet away (we're only having about 20/25 guests)! 
  • As much as I'd like to repeat the same tired conversation in multiple threads, this one has ZERO to do with your rather limited opinion of my impending wedding. Or anyone else's union similar to mine for that matter. It's about asking people to stand up with us last minute, incase you need a refresher. If you think for one second you're going to follow me thread-to-thread making asinine comments that will somehow end up convincing me of the validity of your mind set, you are sadly mistaken. You should consider concerning yourself with your own wedding, or hobbies or whatever it is you do and when you see my name, ignore it, because at some point you're going to look like a sad, lonely internet stalker who is somewhat obsessed with my wedding. I'm not even obsessed with my wedding.....
  • The fact that you posted this on "snarky brides" instead of the etiquette board leads me to believe you were hoping for snarky comments... JS 
  • Snarky comments don't bother me in the least. In fact, I find many of the commenters in the Snarky Brides boards downright amusing. What I'm not in favor of is inviting a giant time suck for everyone involved into a really simple thread by rehashing crap from an unrelated thread. I asked a simple question, received pretty straight forward responses then even came back by for an update (that it was all a moot point bc the idea was not favored by my FH). If anyone is looking for a giant time suck, it's over on the Etiquette board. Where it didn't belong was here, completely unsolicited, off topic and stupid. 
  • Snarky comments don't bother me in the least. In fact, I find many of the commenters in the Snarky Brides boards downright amusing. What I'm not in favor of is inviting a giant time suck for everyone involved into a really simple thread by rehashing crap from an unrelated thread. I asked a simple question, received pretty straight forward responses then even came back by for an update (that it was all a moot point bc the idea was not favored by my FH). If anyone is looking for a giant time suck, it's over on the Etiquette board. Where it didn't belong was here, completely unsolicited, off topic and stupid. 

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was off topic or stupid. It's tacky to have a BP at a fake wedding.

Anniversary

• Sure. I'll take that under advisement and put it on the list of things I'm not particularly concerned about. FH doesn't want people standing up with us, therefore we're 86'ing it. Has nothing to do with opinions learned here. Nothing will. We have a plan we're downright smitten with, very little will derail it. 
  • As much as I'd like to repeat the same tired conversation in multiple threads, this one has ZERO to do with your rather limited opinion of my impending wedding. Or anyone else's union similar to mine for that matter. It's about asking people to stand up with us last minute, incase you need a refresher. If you think for one second you're going to follow me thread-to-thread making asinine comments that will somehow end up convincing me of the validity of your mind set, you are sadly mistaken. You should consider concerning yourself with your own wedding, or hobbies or whatever it is you do and when you see my name, ignore it, because at some point you're going to look like a sad, lonely internet stalker who is somewhat obsessed with my wedding. I'm not even obsessed with my wedding.....

Don't you know?  (Sad, lonely) Misery loves company.....

• Not sure who's miserable? Telling someone to ignore your posts because they clearly have nothing constructive to say doesn't denote anything sad, lonely or miserable to me. Seeking out someone on the internet just to talk shit to them seems kind of negative to me, but maybe I'm wrong. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards