Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid robes

Re: Bridesmaid robes

• Options

Ack! Stuck in the box,

futureLabrie  Here are some websites if you are interested in doing this still

http://www.personalizedbrides.com/index.php/categories/personalized-satin-robes 

http://store.plumprettysugar.com/ 

http://www.weddingprepgals.com/

or I Love, love love! these ones but they are expensive but they don't look "Weddingie"

http://www.doielounge.com/

I personally like the idea of robes or something but I haven't decided one way or the other 2015 is a long way away!

• Options
    I had the dreaded robes for my bridesmaids when we got ready. Everyone wore them that day and my sister/MOH actually ran to the bank in hers... lol that was pretty funny! And 2 others have been in theirs post wedding when I stopped at their house to pick something up. 

A few girls here said if you KNOW your girls will like them then get them. I felt confident that they would like them and unless they are continuing to wear them a month later for me, I would say I made the right call.

They look super cute in my video and pictures (which one is my cover photo on FB).https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.520751934676224.1073741825.334315669986519&type=3 

But clearly some people HATE them/ don't feel comfortable in them so hopefully you know your girls well enough to know if this is a good move or not....

Anniversary
  • Options
    futureLabrie go for it! Check out pinterest for photo ideas and money saving sites then there is also Etsy for good deals. 
  • Options
    mkgbts83 said:
    futureLabrie go for it! Check out pinterest for photo ideas and money saving sites then there is also Etsy for good deals. 
    It isn't negativity.  It is a bunch of women giving their opinion or personal stories on a topic.

If you want every poster to agree with you then head on over to Wedding Bee.  I am sure that they will be able to blow a bunch of sunshine, rainbows and puppies up your butt and validate all of your ideas whether bad ideas or not.

• Options
    mkgbts83 said:
    DEFINITELY! */sarcasm

Do you really think Pinterest and Etsy are in the business of good ideas? Or that everything you see on there is a good idea? You have probably seen things that you think are stupid or you don't like. Well some women don't like this idea. It's not negativity. It's personal preference.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    mkgbts83 said:
    I am just shocked at the negativity here,
    I'm shocked you don't know how to lurk. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Wow. I was thinking of purchasing some floral robes for my girls, but after reading this I had a change of heart! I just sent pictures of the robes to all the girls and asked them to honestly tell me if they will want to wear them, wear something else, or wear their own clothes. They've been pretty honest about the bridesmaid dresses (they are picking their own) so I'll just see what they have to say. I thought it would be cute, but I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable.
  • Options
    One of my friends' favorite pictures from her wedding is her and her girls wearing their robes while getting ready. So while it's certainly not for everyone, it's not necessarily true that the pictures will be forgotten and quickly discarded thereafter.

I'll be doing the button-up shirt thing for my bridesmaids. But that will just be something they're given and won't at all count towards their gift.
  • Options
    I've heard that Etsy makes great ones...

... to the crabby people... if the bride wants to buy robes or whatever as "props" for pictures, that's her choice. I will most likely get something coordinating for my girls just for the purpose of pictures (NOT as their bridesmaid gift- just because I'd like to!). I've seen a lot of cute ones!

However, I will try to pick something the girls might want to use again, and I definitely won't have them labeled with "bridesmaid" or anything else. Robes are petty tricky in that a lot of people don't actually use them in their day-to-day lives.

If one of my friends had that sort of sad badditude about something silly like robes, I probably wouldn't ask them to be in my wedding in the first place...

(OP: best wishes! :))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Taking pictures of women in their underwear or partially dressed isn't 'cute'. It's something that creepy people pay a lot of money for online. Like hell would I participate. I also trust my friends to be way smarter than to even consider something like this for their weddings. And if they did and were serious about it, then it's not a wedding I would choose to be in. I'll come as a guest and keep my clothing on, thankyouverymuch.
  • Options

... to the crabby people... if the bride wants to buy robes or whatever as "props" for pictures, that's her choice. I will most likely get something coordinating for my girls just for the purpose of pictures (NOT as their bridesmaid gift- just because I'd like to!). I've seen a lot of cute ones!

However, I will try to pick something the girls might want to use again, and I definitely won't have them labeled with "bridesmaid" or anything else. Robes are petty tricky in that a lot of people don't actually use them in their day-to-day lives.

If one of my friends had that sort of sad badditude about something silly like robes, I probably wouldn't ask them to be in my wedding in the first place...

The bride DOES NOT get to decide for her bridesmaids if they're willing to be photographed in a robe, period.  If their discomfort with that idea makes you not want to ask them to stand up for you then you should probably just go ahead and end the friendship because putting your pictures over their discomfort is the very epitome of being a bad friend.

• Options
    Azalea15 said:
    I happen to love wedding robes and I design them (Doie Lounge). I know that many women love to get ready in a cute robe, especially if it's one that they would want to wear again. There are so many great options out there in all price points. Good luck and congrats! 
    You cannot advertize your business here.  @KnotPorscha, vendor alert.

• Options
    Viczaesar said:

The bride DOES NOT get to decide for her bridesmaids if they're willing to be photographed in a robe, period.  If their discomfort with that idea makes you not want to ask them to stand up for you then you should probably just go ahead and end the friendship because putting your pictures over their discomfort is the very epitome of being a bad friend.
    So much this. I am always so surprised by the brides on here who insist on doing this and think their friends will just love it. News flash, ladies. Many of your friends will just go along with shit you want so as not to upset you. Why anybody gives a fuck what their bridal party wears to get ready in is beyond me. I was too busy getting ready myself on my wedding day to concern myself with that nonsense. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

Personalized robes are a great gift to give to the bridal party and can be used later for everyday use.
    But what if the bridal party doesn't like robes?  Are they still a great gift and how will they be used later if the people receiving them do not like them?
  • Options
    Personalized robes are a great gift to give to the bridal party and can be used later for everyday use.
    Says the VERY biased new poster who just happened to advertise her services on the classified board.  @KnotPorscha
  • Options
    Oh okay.  Well, robes are dumb.
  • Options
    Really?  I have never worn a robe in my life and likely never will.  How is it useful to someone who doesn't ever wear robes?  If I wanted a robe, I would have bought myself one long ago.
  • Options

AddieL73 said:
    Viczaesar said:

So much this. I am always so surprised by the brides on here who insist on doing this and think their friends will just love it. News flash, ladies. Many of your friends will just go along with shit you want so as not to upset you. Why anybody gives a fuck what their bridal party wears to get ready in is beyond me. I was too busy getting ready myself on my wedding day to concern myself with that nonsense. 

I think I was misunderstood- wearing a robe does not equal "prancing around in their underwear," and if one of my BM was not comfortable with pictures taken of getting ready, then they wouldn't have to do it. 

If they pitched a holy fit about it though (as some of you said you'd do), I doubt I would have been friends with them in the first place, NOT because I'm that egocentric about my own wedding, but because I'd rather be with people that are easygoing and fun instead of high strung and defensive about every little thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@KnotPorscha, vendor alert.

• Options

AddieL73 said:
    Viczaesar said:

I think I was misunderstood- wearing a robe does not equal "prancing around in their underwear," and if one of my BM was not comfortable with pictures taken of getting ready, then they wouldn't have to do it. 

If they pitched a holy fit about it though (as some of you said you'd do), I doubt I would have been friends with them in the first place, NOT because I'm that egocentric about my own wedding, but because I'd rather be with people that are easygoing and fun instead of high strung and defensive about every little thing.
    Of course because if anyone else is high strung other than you then they're obviously not a good friend and deserve to be kicked to curb. Great thinking! *sarcasm*

Honestly, no one is going to give a shit about the matchy-matchy robes for the pre-wedding pictures. They are completely useless and unnecessary. Let your girls get ready in what they wish. I can't even tell you what the girls in my wedding were wearing while they were getting married because it didn't matter! Put more focus on pictures you'll get more use out of: the first look, the ceremony, having a dance with a special relative or the ring bearer, etc. You get the point.
  • Options

Well, I don't know anyone personally who would actually throw a real temper tantrum like a baby, but they might not be happy inside about it.  If it was me, of course I wouldn't say anything to the bride because she obviously thinks ROBES ARE COOL so inside I would just be annoyed that someone made me wear an ugly robe but I certainly wouldn't complain to her about it or stomp around like an asshole.  It's possible that in the history of ugly robes, bridesmaids have worn them but were unhappy about it and the brides just didn't know it
  • Options
    katieg520 said:
    Sorry... it's because literally EVERYTHING I say is a "bad" idea around here. I don't care because I do what I want anyway, but it gets to be bothersome if every time I post, it's a bad idea.
    You need to separate someone's opinion on your idea and their opinion on you.  If someone says they don't like the idea of matching button down shirts, they're not attacking you, they're saying absolutely NOTHING about you as a person.  They're just saying they don't like the matching button down shirts idea.  People are gonna disagree with you, that's life.  You can either get upset and take it personally, or you can just accept the fact that everyone has different opinions and move on without letting it bother you.  
    The girls on this site aren't going to hesitate to comment on an idea they disagree with, but they're also not going to insult you as a person (As long as you're not posting something that's just flat out mean-spirited.  Then you'll get your ass handed to you, lol)  So maybe  we don't like what you've posted so far, and maybe we like things you post in the future, whatever, it's not a big deal until you make it a big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards