Chit Chat
Options

so after losing my dad's mom 3 weeks ago

my mom's mom is now in hospital with heart failure

she's being kept in the mediclinic in my hometown overnight
they'll transfer her by ambulance to the hospital in the next town so they can fit a pacemaker

i just
i don't want to go through this again 
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: so after losing my dad's mom 3 weeks ago

• Options
    I am so sorry!!!!
  • Options
    thanks katie

i really don't want to lose my gran and i don't want my mom to lose her either
    i'm a lot closer to her than i ever was to my dad's mom
  • Options
    15 Gifs Of Cats Hugging Things

You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    KeptInStitches

I adore that gif
  • Options
    Oh no, lots of internet hugs to you and your family.
  • Options
    God bless you and your family.
  • Options
    KytchynWitcheKytchynWitche member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    thanks ladies.

my mom's on a plane home now, she'll keep me updated as she gets more info.

ETA: and of course, i'll keep you all updated as i get more info.
  • Options
    I know the feeling.  I lost my mom's dad and then my dad's mom 6 months later (I spend Valentine's Day purchasing funeral flowers).  I was equally close to both of them and miss them dearly each day.

I can't sit here and say that its easy or time will heal it.  But as long as you have a great support system, you will get through it.  I found that talking about it with friends (who weren't sick of hearing about it) helped.  We are here for you!

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks @50ShadesofMe and i'm sorry for your loss

no news yet, and i'm hoping that means everything is fine. i don't think my mom would just not call if there was news...
  • Options
    UPDATE: gran is okay. she's having the pacemaker fitted today and will be back home tomorrow.

but we have also had news that one of my dad's cousins passed away on monday. this has been a bad, bad month for my family.
  • Options
    Uff da. I'm sorry, urbaneca. I hope you and yours find peace.
  • Options
    urbaneca said:
    UPDATE: gran is okay. she's having the pacemaker fitted today and will be back home tomorrow.

but we have also had news that one of my dad's cousins passed away on monday. this has been a bad, bad month for my family.
    This is great news!  The cardiac devices they have today are so amazing.  My dad had to get a defibrillator a few years ago.  It will jump start his heart if it happens to stop and also acts as a pacemaker to keep a regular heart beat.

Sorry for the loss in your family.  Keep your head up and vent to us as much as you need <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    UPDATE: gran's surgery went well. she's fine and will be back home today.

i want to thank all of you lovely ladies for your support. with all my friends and family a minimum of 4 hours away, i'm really grateful to have you to lean on. from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards