Pre-wedding Parties

Pre-Wedding Etiquette

2»

Re: Pre-Wedding Etiquette

• How about doing something fun for your friends you want to see, and not worrying so much about details like whether it's a shower?  Throw an engagement or pre-wedding BBQ.  Invite your friends, have lots of food and booze, and just enjoy their company.  If they want to bring a gift, that's up to them.  You'd both get what it sounds like you want--a fun time before the stress/formality of a wedding day.  If you're not into BBQs, something personal to you.  A "Single, But Not For Long" tailgate party, dinner/corn maze adventure at a farm, pool party if you live somewhere warm, etc.  Hopefully you'll only get married once, so enjoy the journey up to your wedding date.  Don't get caught up in the "I have to have a bridal shower or I'm not a real bride" or "how can I invite my fiancé to a party and it still be a shower" stress.  Focus on what's important to you, and if it's spending a fun afternoon with friends before the wedding, arrange a BBQ/dinner/whatever party that makes that happen in a way that you find memorable and special.
  • Wow. I guess I know my place on this board.

FYI, in the 860/413 area code, these are rather commonplace.

But to each their own.

I know where you all stand here.

Thanks for your opinions.
    Cash bars are common in the 508 area code - doesn't mean they aren't rude.  Something being common doesn't make it polite or good hosting.  I'd advise strongly against any kind of "fundraiser" pre-wedding parties.  Personally, I would absolutely, without reconsideration, decline any such offers.

If you don't want a shower, you can decline, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    grew up in the 508! now live in 617...sadly... :-/ 

haha! but, yes, cash bars are surprisingly common here. growing u and going to cousins weddings, it was all open; now that it's my friends, however, i've learned to always bring cash. but, in my experience, i've only had the normal, regular, "etiquette-friendly" showers ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow CrazyDiamond129.  I guess you now know what it was like to be Jewish in Nazi Germany huh?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards