Chit Chat
Options

Smart ladies!

Re: Smart ladies!

• Options
    I'm 25, graduated HS in 2006 and college in 2011. I have a BS ns agriculture and applied economics. I think I may have went down the wrong path in school and am currently not using my degree but fortunatley I do have a good job. It's just not going to be a career.
    FI and I have two kids that we had very young. They are 4 and 6 and have really made me a better person.
  • Options
    I'm 37, graduated HS in 1994 and have a Bachelor's in Journalism from UCF, 1998.  At UCF I was part of class where we put the first college newspaper on this new thing called the Internet.  Because of that class, I worked for the local paper then Tribune Interactive.  While working there, I had an opportunity to become the Creative Director for OurBeginning.com.  We were an online wedding invitation company and our CEO decided we needed a Superbowl commercial.  This was all at the same time TheKnot was online, we had our sample invitations in their bride kit (that, I think you pay for now).  Because we were stupid and didn't know our audience (really, Superbowl commercial?) we went bankrupt.  Unemployed for a while until I ended up back at the School District I worked for as a student during college.  I move them up into the Internet age with our enrollment system and was just promoted to Employee Benefits Manager.  Finally, making more than I did at the .com, 10 years later.

Never been married, no kids.

Fun Fact: 'Met' FI playing EverQuest after being laid off from the .com. We were friends for years (not a Catfish thing, lol) then finally met up last year and now getting married in March.
  • Options
    I'm 37, graduated HS in 1994 and have a Bachelor's in Journalism from UCF, 1998.  At UCF I was part of class where we put the first college newspaper on this new thing called the Internet.  Because of that class, I worked for the local paper then Tribune Interactive.  While working there, I had an opportunity to become the Creative Director for OurBeginning.com.  We were an online wedding invitation company and our CEO decided we needed a Superbowl commercial.  This was all at the same time TheKnot was online, we had our sample invitations in their bride kit (that, I think you pay for now).  Because we were stupid and didn't know our audience (really, Superbowl commercial?) we went bankrupt.  Unemployed for a while until I ended up back at the School District I worked for as a student during college.  I move them up into the Internet age with our enrollment system and was just promoted to Employee Benefits Manager.  Finally, making more than I did at the .com, 10 years later.

Never been married, no kids.

Fun Fact: 'Met' FI playing EverQuest after being laid off from the .com. We were friends for years (not a Catfish thing, lol) then finally met up last year and now getting married in March.
    I got my first email account in college from AOL. Anyone remember them? You got mail indeed!
  • Options
    @moemacWed30594 the paper and Tribune that I worked at had partnerships with AOL.  Man, did I spend lots of $$ paying hourly for dial up service in college.  Loved it when work gave me the free account, ha!
  • Options
    I'm 30, earned a BA in Communications in 2005 and an MBA in 2008. I've been working for a university for over 8 years now and am currently pursing a masters in jurisprudence for business law.  While I liked the MBA, I really enjoy the legal/compliance side of things and hope to use this second masters to specialize in regulatory jobs or get more involved in higher education accreditation. 

• Options
    I'm 31, H is 39. We have been married two years and have a 3 1/2 year old son. Graduated HS in 2000, went to college for two years majoring in theatre design. Ran out of money so took some time off starting in I guess 2003 or so. Planned on going to school in Minneapolis but was too expensive so moved to San Diego for a few years, worked and enjoyed life. Moved with an ex-boyfriend to Houston and started school almost immediately. Got a certificate in Audio Engineering and have held a job in my field since graduating in 2009.
  • Options
    I'm 32 (almost 33) and graduated high school in 1999, I received my bachelor's degree in 2002 and I *almost* finished my Masters in 2010 but I moved back home to Ohio and never finished my thesis.  Since my career does not use my Master's degree I decided to let it go.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    26, graduated college in 09 with a BFA in animation. Went back for teacher ceritification and never finished it due to changes to the curriculum that made it impossible to hold a full-time job and work on it. I currently sell mattresses and am working on building my art/starting a webcomic.

Anniversary
  • Options
    28, graduated college  with my BA in Economics and English literature, went to law school and  now serve as in house counsel for a think tank in DC. Currently toying with the idea of moving back to MA sometime in the next 5 years.

• Options
    I'm 28. I majored in East Asian studies (Japanese language, culture and history, North Korean history) for the first three years of college before switching my major to nursing. I received my nursing degree in May of 2010 and passed the NCLEX with the minimum number of questions in July 2010. I've been working as a phase I drug development cancer research nurse since that time. 

My husband and I met protesting against Scientology because I don't agree with their 'medical' practices and he doesn't agree with their treatment of journalists, among many other things.

Fun facts: I still study Japanese. I lived in Ghana for two summers working at a school for mentally challenged children. I adore singing and photography.

• Options
    I'm 30 and currently finishing up my PhD.  I got my Masters from Harvard Divinity School in 2007 and got my BA in 2005, double major of Art History and Religious Studies, minor in Anthropology.

• Options
    SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I'm 27 and hold BA in Psychology, Master of Science in Gerontology, and Master of Social Work degrees. I work as a hospice social worker, which I love, and I'm looking into applying for a part time teaching position with the psych department at our local community college as well because I miss the academic environment.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    I'm 26 and will be 27 when we're married.  HS class of 2005/ BA 2009 in French and English, Political Science minor.  I got to study abroad in the South of France during college, so I'm another language lover on this thread!

After college I joined Teach for America and taught high school English for two years.  Now I'm in my last year of law school and will be joining a NYC law firm after graduation.  (And after passing the bar... yuck!)  Fiance and I have been together since high school when I was 15 and he was 17.  

Not-fun fact: Fiance proposed in September 2012.  A few weeks later our apartment was totally destroyed, down to the studs, by Hurricane Sandy.  That will snap you out of your just-engaged silly phase REAL quick.

Fun facts: we have two cats, one of whom is about 20 pounds and thinks he's a lap-dog.  If you aren't careful he'll knock you over trying to cuddle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I'm 57 and have a B.S. in Civil Engineering and a M.S. in Environmental Engineering.  I work for the local utility as a project manager.  H and I have been married 30 years and met at work.

Fun fact:  everyone says building a house is the true test of a marriage.  So far we have heavily remodeled one house and built 2 houses with no problems.  We actually enjoy working on them together.
  • Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    I could just about copy and paste my intro from ktjanesmom. 51, 3 exceptionally beautiful and lovely children, some college, divorced. Except that I'm a MOB. An unruly MOB? Published writer, former airline employee, currently a purveyor of rescued and/or vintage furniture and miscellaneous other things. Painting, reupholstery, repair. This means there is always odd furniture where it should not be. Obsessed with antique graphics and ephemera. I spend almost as much money on books as I do on food. Two scruffy cats. Coffee lover. Baking, sewing, painting, chalkboards. Usually in paint clothes, which are disgraceful. It's all a little Etsyish, but I'm happy.
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    I'm 30 and currently finishing up my PhD.  I got my Masters from Harvard Divinity School in 2007 and got my BA in 2005, double major of Art History and Religious Studies, minor in Anthropology.
    ohh what is your PhD field? A part of me always wanted to go to the Harvard Divinity School.
  • Options
    I am 24 will be 25 when I get married in March.  I graduated HS in 2007 and college in 2009 with an associate degree in applied science, automotive major.  I am the business manager at a automotive shop where I employ my FI :) I will not be having children (it's just the choice I made)

Fun facts: I love zumba, I love shoes even tho I can only wear work boots or tennis shoes to work, I think I was born in the wrong decade b/c everyone tells me I act like an old woman and I have more in common with FI's grandmother than woman my age. 
  • Options
    I'm 26, an RN and going back to school for my MSN in January.  I graduated HS in 2006, worked as a paramedic for a long time in a busy city then decided I wanted to be a nurse.

Fun fact... I play hockey with my FI and it's awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I'm 26, an RN and going back to school for my MSN in January.  I graduated HS in 2006, worked as a paramedic for a long time in a busy city then decided I wanted to be a nurse.

Fun fact... I play hockey with my FI and it's awesome.
    Awesome! How long have you been playing? I played for almost forever but had one concussion too many. Had to give it up. I miss it, but I know my noggin thanks me.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    I'm 26. I graduated from UC Santa Barbara with a BA in Political Science and a BA in Law and Society. I am currently doing a distance learning program for MsC in Public Policy and Management through the University of London.

I currently work in the construction industry doing industrial security management and project administration. 
  • Options

Oh man, I feel so little compared to you guys. I'm 23, will be 24 when I get married. Graduated HS in '08, got my Associate's degree in Travel/Tourism/Hospitality with a concentration on business, and worked my way to one semester short of a Bachelor's. Then life happened and I had to start working full time.  I can't afford to take four months off to finish my degree right now, so hopefully after the wedding I'll be able to.
    I was working full time until September, but my boss was an unethical hateful B---- that didn't care about my physical limitations or parental obligations, so I switched jobs and took a decrease in hours, so I play stay-at-home-mom half the time and working-mom the other half.

Fun facts: I'm a vegetarian, learning to sew, love my two stepsons and three rats.

• Options
    maryemoo said:

Oh man, I feel so little compared to you guys. I'm 23, will be 24 when I get married. Graduated HS in '08, got my Associate's degree in Travel/Tourism/Hospitality with a concentration on business, and worked my way to one semester short of a Bachelor's. Then life happened and I had to start working full time.  I can't afford to take four months off to finish my degree right now, so hopefully after the wedding I'll be able to.
    I was working full time until September, but my boss was an unethical hateful B---- that didn't care about my physical limitations or parental obligations, so I switched jobs and took a decrease in hours, so I play stay-at-home-mom half the time and working-mom the other half.

Fun facts: I'm a vegetarian, learning to sew, love my two stepsons and three rats.

Aw *hugs* that sucks that you weren't able to finish your bachelors. But hey, life-happens-solidarity *fist pump*

Anniversary
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    ohh what is your PhD field? A part of me always wanted to go to the Harvard Divinity School.
    Early Christianity.  I study early Jewish and Christian identity formation.

• Options
    I'm 26. I graduated from UC Santa Barbara with a BA in Political Science and a BA in Law and Society. I am currently doing a distance learning program for MsC in Public Policy and Management through the University of London.

I currently work in the construction industry doing industrial security management and project administration. 
    So you graduated about 4 or 5 years ago?  Did you ever have Professor Paige Digeser in Political Science?  And you must have been one of the last classes for the Law & Society major, huh?

• Options
    I'm 28 and graduated from HS in 2003. I have a BBA with a concentration in Business Management. I'm a broker and have been working at my company since I graduated college. Sometimes I want to go back to school for something different and then I remember how much I still owe from undergrad and quickly push that plan from my mind. 

• Options
    I'm 25 and graduated high school in 2006.  I have a B.A. in Communication Studies (Film minor) and a J.D.  I am an almost lawyer (passed the bar but am not yet admitted...there's a LOT of paperwork to fill out first).  I work at a large NYC law firm doing M&A.  I'll be 26 when we get married.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    So many of you appear to be and I am sure are, very smart women.   I am curious although I am sure its none of my business, how old are you?  What is your level of education?  What kind of work do you do? 
    I'm 43. I finished my BA in 1993. I did all but my internship for my MA in counseling then changed paths and went to law school instead. I finished my JD and passed the bar in 2001. I've been a solo practitioner, specializing in child welfare, for just  under 10 years now.   I periodically think I'd like to be on the juvenile bench, but I have a six year old son and would rather have the flexiblity of my own practice while he's this young. Maybe someday. Maybe I'll go another direction. I'm very happy with the now so who knows.
  • Options
    I'm 35. Have a BA and MPA, and currently working on a PhD. Day job is for a criminal justice think tank and night job is teaching in a local MPA program.

Fun facts: I love peanut butter and have 2 doggies!
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

I will be turning 27 in two short weeks. I graduated high school in 2004 and graduated from Syracuse University in 2008 with bachelors degrees in Political Science and English and Textual Studies. I had planned to get my MPA right after undergrad but I was so burnt out on school at that point that I took a break and never went back. I'd love to go back now but like Swazzle, I still so owe much from undergrad that going back is not an option at this point. I currently work for a Health and Life insurance broker. It's not not at all related to my degree but it's a good job and pays the bills(also, I'm surprisingly good at my job for knowing nothing when I started almost 5 years ago) and will, someday, go back to school - either law school or MPA. I'll be close to 29 when FI and I are married.

Fun fact: FI and I went to high school together, had lots of mutual friends, graduated the same year and never knew who the other one was until a year and a half ago when one of those mutual friends set us up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards