Not Engaged Yet

Getting to know yooouu.

Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• (posting this because I commented on a thread earlier, so I might as well introduce myself. XD )

Screen Name: poegirlsmores
    Significant Other's Age: 20 (21 next month)
    What You Do: senior in college, Psychology student
    What SO Does: Currently unemployed
    State of Relationship: Cohabiting
    How Long You've Been Together: >2.5 years
    How You Met: High school Bowling Team
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NEY
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: Two all white cats named Kloe and Kracker, but they live at my mom's house. : (
    Loves: learning, reading, sleeping, watching movies, and lazy weekends, going to concerts.
    Hates: doing dishes, cleaning the apt, anything that requires energy. XD
    Pet Peeves: intolerance, which covers a wide variety of things..
    Hobbies/Activities: homework, reading, playing an MMORPG, watching movies.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: We have so much fun together every day.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be insensitive to other's feelings.
    Describe Your Personality: Anxious about a lot of things (i.e. bills, etc), book-smart, street-dumb, hopeless romantic.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2-3, I really try to be respectful, if I'm not you must've caught me on a really bad day.
    I've Been On TK Since: 1-2 years
    How You Came to Be On TK: Best friend got married and I wanted to help her plan.
    How I like my potatoes: Fried with lots of seasoning.
    Favorite book/author: Book: The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Authors(s): Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (together), and Becca Fitzpatrick.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Graduating college in 3 years total, and so far I have a 3.85 GPA. Like I said, book-smart, but talking to me outside of school you may think me a stereotypical blonde (and I'm not even blonde).
    "Love is hard and love is messy and it can hurt worse than fire, and sometimes it makes you wanna tear down a building with your bare hands, but it also happens to be the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'm obviously not a big fan of hyperbole."

• Hello! I jumped the gun and posted before doing any lurking  last week. I was in a desperate state of mind and wanting advice. I have a feeling I ruffled some feathers, but I was very impressed with the quality of responses I got from posters on this board so, here's hoping for a fresh start. :)

Screen Name: Istril
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Librarian
    What SO Does: manages a liquor department at local grocery
    State of Relationship: dating seriously
    How Long You've Been Together: 9 months
    How You Met: online
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: none - we both love cats, and we're both allergic!
    Loves: We both love sci-fi! and tons of other stuff, the list is too long
    Hates: I really hate cancer.
    Pet Peeves: extremism of pretty much any type
    Hobbies/Activities: gaming, nature hikes, cooking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most considerate person I've ever met in my life.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he doesn't plan so well.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a little high strung, but I love a nice, respectful, debate.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6 I'm on the high side of average.
    I've Been On TK Since: about... June 2013?
    How You Came to Be On TK: anticipating a proposal, and trying to get prepared to plan a wedding when the time is right.
    How I like my potatoes: mashed.
    Favorite book/author: so many. Lately I've been binging on Ender's game, but I think Orson Scott Card is a despicable human being. So.... George Martin is currently one of my favorite authors, love his style.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm roughly conversational in German.
  • Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.
    Screen Name: firekite
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: Full-time student and full-time Director of Therapy at a nursing home.
    What SO Does: sells things to the government
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: We've known each other since high school though various friends, but actually started dating after reconnecting at a bar 2 years ago.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Trying to go for early September 2013, already looking around at places.
    Fur Babies: 1 lazy furball cat sleeping next to me right now
    Loves: Potatoes, cooking, traveling
    Hates: people who don't use turn signals or stop at stop signs (basically bad drivers)
    Pet Peeves: people who view themselves more like princesses than contributing members of society
    Hobbies/Activities: cooking, crocheting, singing really loudly in my car
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he tolerates my weirdness
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes he doesn't know how to use tone effectively and comes off sounding like a dick even though he didn't mean to.
    Describe Your Personality: Fairly laid back in my personal life, but pretty high strung at work. I'm  a perfectionist when it comes to the health of others (my field), so if you're not doing it right, I have no patience for that.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): On a typical day 5. Sometimes I have those day though, when I'm more around an 8 or 9.
    I've Been On TK Since: today
    How You Came to Be On TK: always enjoyed browsing the site, but never actually signed up until today.
    How I like my potatoes: any which way
    Favorite book/author: I have to pick one?? Pretty much every book I've ever read.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I took at least 6 years of Spanish in middle and high school, and the only phrase I remember is "Me gusta papas fritas" or "I like french fries"
  • Screen Name: Novus1
    Significant Other's Age: 48
    What You Do: Data entry
    What SO Does: Engineer
    State of Relationship: Long distance dating
    How Long You've Been Together: Only a few months (But when you know...you know.)
    How You Met: OKCupid
    Real Babies: He has a son.
    Fur Babies: He has a dog. 
    Loves: The colour orange, books, music, art, autumn, candy corn, patchouli, general weirdness.
    Hates: Stress, chaos, narrow-minded people, snow.
    Pet Peeves: Poor spelling. People who have more opinions than knowledge. Whining. 
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, writing, art, photography, running, losing weight, cooking, fashion, shopping, pinterest pinning
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Romantic, poetic, sensitive, hard working, practical, loyal, dedicated. (Plus, he's Greek. And gorgeous.)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he lives 1000+ miles away! Plus, he is totally NOT into the internet (which is ironic since we met online) - I have to wait days to hear back from him via email and he refuses to get a facebook account. 
    Describe Your Personality: Quirky. Intelligent. Artsy. 
    Snark Level: Um, maybe a 4?
    I've Been On TK Since: I've been a lurker for quite awhile. I'm kinna obsessed with wedding planning. :)
    How You Came to Be On TK: I found something via google but couldn't view it without creating an account. So I did. 
    How I like my potatoes: Funny that this is a question since I recently posted on facebook: "I kinna wish I lived in Idaho, just so I could have a license plate that says 'Famous Potatoes.' Potatoes are awesome."
    Favorite book/author: Wait. Do you want the WHOLE list? Cuz that could take a long time. 
  • Screen Name: britneydel
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Currently a cashier at Walmart, but going to school in the new year to become a Health Care Aide
    What SO Does: Currently a counter salesmen at an electrical distribution store, but went to school to become an electrician
    State of Relationship: Living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 years this upcoming October
    How You Met: Online
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet, but when it happens we both agree on roughly a 2 year engagement, so more then likely sometime in 2016
    Fur Babies: Two cats, Pumkin and Tali
    Loves: Animals, photography, beaches, bonfires, cuddles, late night movies
    Hates: Waking up early, moths, drastic temperature changes
    Pet Peeves: Annoying noises- people chewing loudly, the sound of someone clearing their throat, screeches made from chalkboards or plates
    Hobbies/Activities: Photography, baking, video games
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He always knows how to make me smile, even at times when I just want to be mad at him
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he's tired he can fall asleep just about anywhere, which can get annoying at times
    Describe Your Personality: Easy-going, shy, great listener, honest, can be a perfectionist.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I would say average, a 5
    I've Been On TK Since: A few weeks
    How You Came to Be On TK: Came across it while browsing pictures of engagement rings
    How I like my potatoes: Done on the bbq with lots of butter and sea salt
    Favorite book/author: I honestly don't even know, although I really like Into The Wild
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Not sure how interesting it is, but I just went through jaw surgery two months ago.

• I know ive done one before, but that was a while ago. Trying to re-enter the lovely board!Screen Name:PrincessTinyFeet
    Significant Other's Age: 34
    What You Do: Veterinary Technician
    What SO Does: Sales for Verizon
    State of Relationship: Not engaged, moving towards it
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years, 2 months
    How You Met: At a telemarketing job. I saw his at the interview and took the job to meet him. After we started dating i quit.
    Real Babies: 
    Fur Babies: 3 cats (Nib, Banana, and Algebra) and 1 turtle (Milo)
    Loves: Pickles, chocolate, birds, bugs, and kitties.
    Hates: Weirdos who dont like animals, fish (to eat), ugly sweaters Bf tries to wear, bad literature.
    Pet Peeves: People who over share and make things awkward, people who need to throw in their 2 cents every. single. time.
    Hobbies/Activities: School, drawing, exploring, camping, sewing, crafting
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He will support me through anything. I will come home after being at school from 6am-8pm and he will have dinner ready, my scrubs washed, fed the kitties and gotten me my favorite chocolate JUST because he knows I work hard.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He farts constantly, and I always make fun of him for it. He barely tries to hide it anymore.
    Describe Your Personality: Quiet and shy at first, but once I get my bearings I seem to make lots of people laugh and call me 'weird' all in the same breath. Im also crafty, I got a never-say-die attitude from my dad.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1, unless you rustle my jimmies. Then I can be bumped up to a 5 or 6.
    I've Been On TK Since: I think 2011? Maybe 2012?
    How You Came to Be On TK: I was farting around being a girl, ad found this board. I loved it, but school got crazy. Now Im back with a little less crazy, hoping to get back into the thick of it!
    How I like my potatoes: sweet and baked or fired and smothered in nacho toppings
    Favorite book/author: TOO MANY! Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres, anything David Gemmel, and of course J.K. Rowling.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have vitiligo, and I know an inordinate amount of information about King of the Hill
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Screen Name:Le'ree
    Significant Other's Age:33
    What You Do: Full Time Student and Part time Cashier
    What SO Does: Nurse
    State of Relationship:Hopefully engaged soon
    How Long You've Been Together: 5
    How You Met: Networking through friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):unknown
    Real Babies:no
    Fur Babies:tons
    Loves: N/A
    Hates: Politics, Ignorance, Hate and other things
    Pet Peeves: Loud people and immaterial questions
    Hobbies/Activities: Painting, playing piano, playing violin, and out doors
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's intelligent, sweet, loving, kind, and passionate
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He tend to be over sensitive 
    Describe Your Personality: Kind and loving
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):1
    I've Been On TK Since:n/a
    How You Came to Be On TK: When one of my friends was engaged two years ago
    How I like my potatoes: baked and boiled 
    Favorite book/author: Pre-1900 authors
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am in a interracial relationship (White Male and Black/Native American Female) 
  • Screen Name:blueeyedtreble
    Significant Other's Age:27
    What You Do: private chef/ nanny
    What SO Does: sous chef
    State of Relationship: dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years 4 months
    How You Met: at work
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NA
    Real Babies:0
    Fur Babies:4
    Loves:  cooking and family
    Hates: cleaning lol
    Pet Peeves: rude people
    Hobbies/Activities: crafting. jewelry, scrapbooks, baking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:sweet and an amazing heart
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he wont propose
    Describe Your Personality: focused
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    I've Been On TK Since: over a year
    How You Came to Be On TK: facebook
    How I like my potatoes: mashed
    Favorite book/author:JD Salinger
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i love kids and cant wait to start a family and be a wonderful mom and wife.
  • ive been looking around a lot and i posted today looking for advice and sympathy and some understanding. i understand people trying to make people look at things from a real perspective. and i appreciate that but the people who walk around with this moral superiority and telling me im not mature enough to be married. i support that everyone has an opinion. i don't disagree with that. but there has to be a nice way to say things. ive been dating the same person in a committed relationship living together as long as some people on this site. all i was looking for a friend or a shoulder. instead im told im nagging and immature. that beyond rude and i thought people would actually be here to support one another... thats just so sad that people seem to have more fun getting off on moral superiority and putting others down then being supportive and helpful!
  • Screen Name: DarthLacey
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: ISP support
    What SO Does: Tech Support for HP 
    State of Relationship: Soon to be engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: A year officially, two and a half years unoffically. 
    How You Met:  At a concert through mutual friends 
    Real Babies: none.
    Fur Babies: Cat, dog, rabbit! 
    Loves: Reading, music, being outdoors, spending time with my puppy
    Hates: Being unorganized, being late, repeating myself, people who lie
    Pet Peeves: Poor spelling and grammar. Annoying noises (clicking a pen, etc)
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, writing, art, photography, running, losing weight, cooking, fashion, shopping, pinterest pinning
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Romantic, great sense of humor, AMAZING smile, keeps me balanced <3 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He sometimes gets in moods where he just wants to be annoying...weird, I know. But he'll purposely do things he knows gets on my nerves! >:( 
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing. Spontaneous. Honest (sometimes too honest?) 
    Snark Level: I don't really know what would be described as "snarky", but if it's what I think, I'd say a 4?
    I've Been On TK Since: I signed up for TK a few months back...even though I'm not engaged yet I love looking through all the articles and photos to get ideas for my future wedding! (It's a virgo thing--I love to be prepared.)
    How You Came to Be On TK: A coworker of mine showed it to me. 
    How I like my potatoes:  Diced and turned into grits!
    Favorite book/author: I really don't know that I could pick just one. But I suppose if I had to narrow it down it would be Harry Potter--I know, super cliche, but from a reading standpoint, the books are so beautifully written, and you get so caught up in them you feel like you're right there in the middle of everything, not just an outsider. Rowling forms the characters so beauitfully you feel like you know everyone personally. 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am capable of being very blunt and honest and sometimes even inconsiderate of other peoples feelings to make sure they know the truth, and that doesn't bother me, but I will feel the most guilt in the world for a fictional character on a TV show who accidentally dropped their toy boat down the sewer. Backwards, right? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: Farelle (though I was on here last as my full name which is Farellemoon)

Significant Other's Age
    : 25

What You Do: PT Comic Book Artist/ PT Telephone Operator

What SO Does: Student in Architecture

State of Relationship: Moved in together?

How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years

How You Met: I hunted him down like a rabbit at a convention called 'ConVergence' - it's actually a fun story.

Wedding Date
    (if you're engaged/married): We know only that it would be on the 22nd of some month due to an inside joke we have about that number, but we're not engaged, we just talk about it a lot.

Fur Babies: 7 year old black cat named Doctor Watson

Loves: art, existential philosophy, wolves, purple, and planning events

Hates: the color orange

Pet Peeves: when people don't change out the roll when the last of the toilet paper has been used

Hobbies/Activities: art and event planning

Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he smells ^_^

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's not too good yet with expressing how he feels sometimes.

Describe Your Personality: Business minded, creative, loving, kind, and thoughtful. Also the personality type that won't accept travel to anywhere for over $250.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3

I've Been On TK Since: 2009 when I was first engaged, but my fiance passed away.

How You Came to Be On TK: Magazine

How I like my potatoes: mashed definitely.

Favorite book/author: C.S. Lewis, Roald Dahl, Douglas Adams and Lois Duncan

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've always dreamed of living in Minneapolis, MN, and I'm excited to be here!
  • Screen Name: maybebabytx... i met my BF at a country bar in texas. he over heard me say that I wished someone would ask me to dance alreadyand he asked me to dance, I looked at him and said, " maybe later". Later came and went and a million dances later, I hope to marry him some day.

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Radiation Therapist (treat all kinds of cancer with megavoltage radiation!)

What SO Does: Sales in the west texas oil field
    State of Relationship: just livin the dream! we live together, i wash his dirty underwear, if that ain't living the dream I don't know what is :-/
    How Long You've Been Together: A year

How You Met: I guess I already answered this, but we fell in love on the dance floor, thanks to his persistence :)
    Wedding Date
    (if you're engaged/married): We aren't engaged. I'm really here supposed to be helping a friend with wedding plans. Guess I wandered too far.
    Real Babies: Nooo....! Some day we hope but definitely not right now.
    Fur Babies: Stoney, my best friend and border collie mix who came with me. And then we adopted him a brother, Bane, a pitbull mix of some perfect sort.
    Loves: My dogs, all animals for that matter, naps, a glass of wine in the evenings, rain and thunderstorms (I live in the desert so it's like winning the lottery every time it happens)
    Hates: Disrespectful people... I just have no patience for them anymore.

Pet Peeves: When people drive ALL over the parking lot forever looking for a close up spot, being wasteful (like when people leave the water running while brushing their teeth... sends chills)
    Hobbies/Activities: Softball, playing with my dogs, country dancing, concerts, hiking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He puts up with me , what more could I ask for. Haha! Also, He is smart and rubs my back when I can't sleep.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is a little too obessed with sports (I still think it's cute at the same time tho), and he can be a little wasteful which is one of my pet peeves. He is working on it tho and I think that is awesome.

Describe Your Personality: I'm pretty laid back most of the time and always try to be kind and understanding. However, certain actions/situations can really fire me up
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably 3-4

I've Been On TK Since4 yearsish 
    How You Came to Be On TK: I was a maid of honor 4 years ago and am a bridesmaid currently. BF took me ring shopping last month so I kinda wandered to this area of tk boards. Woops.

How I like my potatoes: Fav is french fried. but I'm not one to turn down food, ever.

Favorite book/author: I'm more of a magazine girl. Real Simple, Self, Texas Monthly, Better Homes, Fitness

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm an avid animal lover. I will go very far out of my way for an animal
  • Thought I would do this since I have been around lately.

Screen Name: ASchive
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: I work in the fast food industry.
    What SO Does: He works in an electronics factory.
    State of Relationship: Unsure?
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years 3 months
    How You Met: Facebook/Friends
    Real Babies:
    Fur Babies: Do fish count as fur babies?
    Loves: Baking, reading, watching TV.
    Hates: Getting dirty outside, cleaning, schoolwork.
    Pet Peeves: When people smack their food, people who refuse to do something because it is gross. Hypocritical of me to say, but oh well. I have a specific instance in mind.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, day trips, watching TV, baking and cooking yummy new things.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He took the time to get to know my crazy family.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He smacks his food.
    Describe Your Personality: I am a very shy person. I normally don't like drawing attention to myself, but I like meeting new people from the internet around the US.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Oh I don't even know. Probably a 2.
    I've Been On TK Since: 2012?
    How You Came to Be On TK: BF was talking marriage, but ultimately changed his mind.
    How I like my potatoes: I don't like potatoes. If I had to choose, fried in butter.
    Favorite book/author: I really enjoyed Animal Farm by George Orwell, but also simpler reads like A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am not that interesting of a person. I guess something I find interesting is that I have never been out West,, South, or any more north than Northern WI but I have been out East? Does that count?
  • Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.
    Screen Name: blw12987
    Significant Other's Age: 36
    What You Do: Registered Medical Assistant
    What SO Does: Trucker
    How Long You've Been Together:6 years
    How You Met: through a mutual friend
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 11/9/2013
    Real Babies: 2 step sons ages 8 and 11
    Fur Babies: A shih tzu Lola
    Loves: weekends
    Hates:drama
    Pet Peeves: smacking while eating
    Hobbies/Activities: road trips, fishing, hunting
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: hes my best friend
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be pretty stuburn
    Describe Your Personality: laid back, worry wort 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3
    I've Been On TK Since: 09/2012
    How You Came to Be On TK: starting to look around at the boards before we got engaged
    How I like my potatoes: mashed and loaded
    Favorite book/author: the outsiders
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: ???? nothing really lol 
  • Screen Name:
    Significant Other's Age: 29 (yes, apparently I AM a cougar)
    What You Do: Facility Manager at a Family Run Business
    What SO Does: Grocery Manager
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years (1 together, 1 apart but still kind of together, 1 back together)
    How You Met: Internet
    Real Babies: none together but I have 4 from my previous marriage
    Fur Babies: none
    Loves: My kids, my BF, football, The Braves, dancing, quiet time!
    Hates: Stress, being NEY (lol), ..... that my mom passed away this year :(
    Pet Peeves: Chewing with mouth open, bad grammar
    Hobbies/Activities: Sports, my children's activities feel like mine a lot...
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His patience with me!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His tendency to keep it all in.
    Describe Your Personality: Fun, shy, smarta$$, a little spoiled, loyal... a good mix of good and not so good qualities basically...
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7 or 8
    I've Been On TK Since: about two months
    How You Came to Be On TK: Been some talk of marriage, which got me cruising the internet for places (to get married) and stumbled on the site.
    How I like my potatoes: mashed (of course!)
    Favorite book/author: I love Pride and Prejudice! Seems a common theme in the threads there... But I also loved the Harry Potter series. Lots of good books out there
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have lived in 6 different states, 4 of them were before the age 10. I have lived in Colorado twice and been out of the country 3 times, first time when I was 6. Not very interesting I'm afraid...I'll work on it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Screen Name:Raysteph814
    Significant Other's Age: 23 (I am 3 days older than him :) )
    What You Do: Receptionist at Merrill Lynch
    What SO Does: Client Associate at Merrill Lynch
    How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years
    How You Met: On the beach while filming a short film.. I do special effects makeup and he script supervises we met a few times before and said no more than 3 words to each other the 5 times we met before.. then one day he showed up to set which was the beach in his day work clothes and I fell in love instantly.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): sometimes in the next 2-3 years.. we want to be stable in our finances first :)
    Fur Babies: none.. one fish named freddy!
    Loves: Dancing, special effects makeup
    Hates:rude people, getting out of bed in the morning!
    Pet Peeves: when people just randomly think its okay to just jump in your bed or on your bed (it sparked in college lol )
    Hobbies/Activities: dance, teaching dance, and league of legends (its my bad game addiction lol )
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: hes sweetness, how he sticks up for even if I am in the wrong and how he takes care of me when I am sick.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is Sicilian.. do I need to say more.. they do all the handy work around the house but when it comes to laundry or dishes hes allergic.. -_- lol
    Describe Your Personality: fun, outgoing, happy, loud, greek, giving, caring, accepting
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 or 6
    I've Been On TK Since: June 2013
    How You Came to Be On TK: loved always planning the future and looking at dresses and rings
    How I like my potatoes: any way honestly.. fries are my favorite
    Favorite book/author: Shakespeare.. Othello
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am obsessed with Abe Lincoln.. it is actually really bad I love him so much! lol
  • Screen Name: Katieg520
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: High School English teacher, student council advisor, cheer coach
    What SO Does: Expeditor
    How Long You've Been Together: A year and a half
    How You Met: he sold me carpet
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): March 1, 2014
    Real Babies: I have a daughter, 9, from my previous marriage
    Fur Babies:  - a dog named Marley -coolest dog in the world!
    Loves: each other, going out, movies, reading, family, Mardi Gras, music, LSU TIGERS, NO Saints, makeup, shopping, shoes
    Hates: I hate clutter and unclean floors and counter surfaces
    Pet Peeves: poor grammar and spelling.
    Hobbies/Activities: Coaching cheer, reading, and apparently now posting on TK.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is genuinely a good person. He puts others before himself and he always truly tries to do the right thing.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he does not share my passion for cleanliness
    Describe Your Personality: I'm the bomb... no really, lol, I am pretty funny, easy going, smart, honest.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): idk... depends on the day.
    I've Been On TK Since: since I've been engaged... I think I had an account years ago but I never did anything with it until I became engaged in July.
    How You Came to Be On TK:I think it was suggested to me by a friend.
    How I like my potatoes: all kindsa ways....Favorite book/author: it's really hard to choose just one, but I guess it would be Their Eyes Were Watching God  by Zora Neale Hurston.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: what more could you possibly want to know???
  • Screen Name: lilyandsparrow

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Salon owner/stylist

What SO Does: Finance

State of Relationship: Living together and co-parenting

How Long You've Been Together: Almost a year

How You Met: The internet..ha!

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: 1.5 year old

Fur Babies: Adopted cat

Loves: Philosophy, psychology, philanthropy, environmentalism, organic gardening, books, coffee, crunchy parenting/babies, horses, travelling, beautiful things

Pet Peeves: Ignorance, selfishness

Activities: Right now we're busy house hunting and getting licensed for foster care/adoption

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's the best daddy I've ever met and he's super laid back

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He procrastinates because he's laid back

Describe Your Personality: Outgoing hippie

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2

I've Been On TK Since: A couple of days

How You Came to Be On TK: We've talked about getting married and I was putting together ideas on Pinterest and it led me here :)

How I like my potatoes: In a scramble with eggs, cheese, onions, etc.

Favorite book/author: I have too many! Right now I'm re-reading 1984

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a vegetarian that sometimes eats bacon :o)
  • Screen Name: Hobada

Significant Other's Age
    : 31

What You Do: Cashier

What SO Does: Sand Blaster

State of Relationship:  Close to engaged (he only has a year left to ask lol)

How Long You've Been Together: 4

How You Met: He was the 1st person to sign up for my club at college and my vice pres.

Wedding Date
     (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged but..... Lol Oct. 31st 2015

Fur Babies: None any more.

Loves: anime, gaming, cosplay, movies, tv, writing, reading, shopping

Hates: suffocating, mice, hair band with pony two, 

Pet Peeves: Not sure

Hobbies/Activities: cosplay, WoW, playing g the bass guitar

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets irritated fast at other people.

Describe Your Personality: Peter Pan mentality, all about fun not the crazy drunk blah kind, simple, love laughing.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2

I've Been On TK Since: 2010

How You Came to Be On TK: Internet.

How I like my potatoes: Butter and sour cream and cheese and bacon.

Favorite book/author: Harry Potter, Mortal Instruments, Jurrasic Park.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have lots of  nicknames and people think I'm super young. 
  • Screen Name: i think it says Chelsea?
    Significant Other's Age: 21
    What You Do: school
    What SO Does: about to start school
    State of Relationship: very stable
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year and 7 months and counting
    Real Babies: zero!
    Fur Babies: 6
    Loves:  cooking, reading, games, shopping, anything low key really.
    Hates: overly negative people, bananas, real xmas trees and tide detergent
    Pet Peeves: shrimp shells in pasta, soggy chicken skin and people who post pictures of only themselves 24-7
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: how we seem so different but have a lot in common
    Describe Your Personality: fun, laid back, caring
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): i guess a 3? who has time to be an asshole online
    I've Been On TK Since: its been a long time since i've been active
    How You Came to Be On TK: i honestly do not remember
    How I like my potatoes: fried with cheese and bacon
    Favorite book/author: too hard!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: in high school, i did some competitive bowling
  • interngal08interngal08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Screen Name: interngal08
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Outpatient psychotherapist
    What SO Does: Computer Engineer
    State of Relationship: Serious. House hunting together and we've discussed marriage and children. Similar life goals, values, and interests.
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: online dating site
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 0
    Loves: Cooking, baking, PS3 (Bioshock Infinity and CoD Black Ops 2 are my current favorites), running, Pinterest
    Hates: People not covering their mouth/nose when coughing or sneezing, bugs and insects, not getting enough sleep, bad red wine
    Pet Peeves: Leaving garbage in the kitchen sink, like napkins or food
    Hobbies/Activities: Video games, electric guitar, reading (mostly stuff on time limited psychotherapies and true crime), logic puzzles
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Being with him makes my stress just melt away. And the way he looks at me makes me feel like I'm the only one who matters. Also, we went to the same undergrad and get to cheer for our team together.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he gets super quiet and does't feel like talking. I'm a therapist so I freaking love to talk or listen!
    Describe Your Personality: Calm. I'm a pretty zen person, which helps at my job, but sometimes I come off as being uncaring since I don't mirror affect well. Also, super uber enthusiastic once I get into something.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    I've Been On TK Since: Last year
    How You Came to Be On TK: Browsing pics of venues for fun
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with garlic
    Favorite book/author: The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've read every novel Anne Rice has ever written. I graduated from my master's degree program exactly 365 days after graduating from my bachelor's program, however not at the same school. My screenname is interngal08 because I did over eight internships while I was in grad school and undergrad.
  • WildChildKCWWildChildKCW member
    First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Screen Name: WildChildKCW (But it's okay to call me by Kayla!)
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Preschool Teacher
    What SO Does: Unemployed but does side jobs as a mechanic and drummer.
    State of Relationship: Serious (want to marry) but unable to afford engagement/wedding.
    How Long You've Been Together: ....I'm supposed to keep track of that?
    How You Met: I was walking around carrying my (then baby, now toddler) niece on a summer day and he walked up to tell me my baby was adorable (He told me later that it took a considerable amount of guts to just walk up), and when I told him she was my niece, he got embarrassed and blushed and I thought it was adorable and he asked me out for coffee (seriously, who goes out for coffee anymore? Apparently losers like me and him), and I went, and that was our first date and it lasted about eight hours. By our second date, we pretty much already knew it was going to get serious and by our third date, we had no secrets left to tell each other. I've lost count of the number of dates since then (look, I'm not good at keeping up with things- I have a classroom of children to look after too!), but I've never been disappointed by him.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): We know we want it to be December 19th, but the year is unknown until we can afford it all.
    Real Babies: He's sterile, I'm infertile. Perfect match, eh? We both want children, and we plan to adopt (He's adopted, so it's close to his heart), but between us we have my two nieces (Who ADORE him) and his ex girlfriend's son (whom he raised for three and a half years).
    Fur Babies: Two cats- a siamese named Sassy and a Calico named...Calico -_- He's real original, let me tell you. Two dogs- sheep dogs named Diesel and Betty. When we get our ranch in Montana (you know, at a half past never in the year only in our dreams), we both want horses (He likes their strength and beauty, I used to volunteer in a horse rescue and rehabilitation center), and I want a pet pig. Don't know why. But I want a pig.
    Loves: music, books, my students, learning, ASL, Lord of the Rings, Comic books, mythology and fables, Disney movies, Lady Gaga, Doctor Who, musical theatre, animals.  
    Hates: Teachers who give up, children who give up, my sisters ex husband, and ignorance.
    Pet Peeves: people who smack their food and slurp their drinks. 
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, listening to music, cuddling.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's kind and considerate no matter the situation.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He never thinks he's done enough.
    Describe Your Personality: I don't know how to describe my personality. I'm made up of contradictions.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Over 9000!
    I've Been On TK Since: July 2013 I think.
    How You Came to Be On TK: We started discussing weddings one day because I was watching Say Yes To The Dress when he came over to visit.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with butter and bacon bits.
    Favorite book/author: Tough one. My tops are The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, The Lord Of The Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, and all of Rick Riordan's work.
     Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I always thought I'd die before I met someone like him.

• I've mostly been lurking around and soaking in all the good advice, but decided to finally take the time and fill this out!

Screen Name: FutureMr&MrsG

Significant Other's Age: 31

What You Do:Compliance Specialist

What SO Does:Landscaper

State of Relationship: Talking of marriage and looking at rings!

How Long You've Been Together: Almost a year and a half

How You Met: I was at a club with some friends and his friend came over to me and said "My friend thinks you are beautiful and would like to talk to you but is really shy." We exchanged numbers and talked that night until 6am and had our first date the next day!

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):We would like to get married on our anniversary in July 2015.

Real Babies:He has a 8 year old son and 7 year old daughter, we see them every Sunday and attend their school functions/sporting events etc..

Fur Babies: I have a 10 year old cat named Harley and he has a 2 year old cat named Tucker.

Loves: My bf, family, friends, animals, traveling, sunsets and sunrises, hearts, seafood, I could go on an on!

Hates:Being lied to

Pet Peeves: People who do not yield at yield signs!

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me feel special and loved every single day

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His driving scares me!

Describe Your Personality:Easygoing, friendly, caring,

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3?

I've Been On TK Since:June, I think

How You Came to Be On TK: I googled wedding venues in my area and there was a link to TK, I started looking around and became hooked!

How I like my potatoes: Sweet potatoes with brown sugar

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:I'm addicted to Wheel of Fortune and hope to be a contestant one day!

• @FutureMr&amp;MrsG, I love Wheel of Fortune too! My dad and I used to love watching it together when I was a baby/toddler. Apparently my first words after "mommy" and "daddy" were "cash and prizes." :P

Welcome!
  • FutureMr&MrsGFutureMr&MrsG member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    @Amapola14 That's funny! Do you remember it when they used to pick their prizes from a showcase?
    We watch it almost everynight :)
  • Screen Name: mbrooke2008
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: I am a compensation specialist, so I am a system administrator for my client's merit and bonus cycles
    What SO Does: He's an infantry Marine Officer
    State of Relationship: married
    How Long You've Been Together: since October 26, 2007
    How You Met: High school
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 5, 2013
    Real Babies: Not yet
    Fur Babies: Not yet
    Loves: bubble baths, shopping, relaxing, the beach
    Hates: waking up early
    Pet Peeves: Rude people
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, traveling, cooking/baking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How down to earth he is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How hard to get a hold of he is (not totally his fault since he's in the military)
    Describe Your Personality: Well, people typically say I am very bubbly and easy going and talkative.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6, but it can be like a 9 when necessary.
    I've Been On TK Since: December 2012 when we got engaged
    How You Came to Be On TK: Because I got engaged :)
    How I like my potatoes: mashed! or baked..
    Favorite book/author: Hmm.. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: After having live in Texas for over 23 years, I have relocated to North Carolina!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • Screen Name:Lovelybride2004
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Freelance Journalist
    What SO Does: IT Manager
    State of Relationship: Living together/ talking about getting married
    How Long You've  Been Together: nine years
    How You Met: In High School. Freshmen year, 1996
    Real Babies:none 
    Fur Babies:mini poodle, Deuce 
    Loves: Sports, music, dancing, Second Lines,teddy bears shopping and a good stiff drink
    Hates: Negative people, bad drivers, not getting paid, people who talk a big game but cant back it up and The Atlanta Falcons
    Pet Peeves: People who dont use turn signals
    Hobbies/Activities: sports, writing, cooking, wig shopping, walking, poetry writing, blogging
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his big heart, his ability to fix my computer in minutes, his ability to comfort me about any situation
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sloopiness
    Describe Your Personality:shy, sweet but a bit insane
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    I've Been On TK Since: 2003 (long story)
    How You Came to Be On TK: In 2003, when I was young and stupid, I was engaged to a guy who was abusing me but I thought when we got married, it would stop. Well, six months after the engagment, he left and I stopped coming here. However, I kept the TK username just case I got engaged again. In late 2004, I started dating again and I thought what the hell...
    How I like my potatoes: Hashbrowns, please. Waffle House style, covered.
    Favorite book/author: Captivated by the Soldier by Dez Burke
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Well, lets see. I'm from New Orleans. I graduated from Tulane University with two degrees (Journalism and Public Relations). I'm a former Women's Professional Football player. I played two years for the New Voodoo Dolls/Blaze until I tore my ACL. The relationship I'm in is a interracial one. It is the first one I have ever been in and at first his family did not like the fact he was dating a black girl. I lost my father seven years ago in car accident and there is not a day that goes by that I dont miss him. It hurts he wont be here for my wedding. 
  • I have been around here a bit, mostly on the etiqutte board, but I will post this up now so everyone can get to me better:

Screen Name: Cowigrl8238
    Significant Other's Age: 29 (the Big 30 in JAN!)
    What You Do: Secretary/Office Assistant at an Engineering Firm
    What SO Does: IT-Mainly software compability and advanced troubshooting
    State of Relationship: Engaged since 12/21/12
    How Long You've Been Together: Since January 1, 2008 - Nearly 6 years
    How You Met: Brother was a co-worker who invited me over, bascially I was sitting on his living room couch when he came home!  Romantic I know.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): August 16, 2014
    Real Babies: None for a lil while
    Fur Babies: Two cats who are polar opposites (one like to sleep the other is up all day, one whines and howls one is nearly silent)  About the only thing they agree on is playing in the bed all night when I AM TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!!!!!!
    Loves: Comfort Foods, Music, Photogrpah and other crafty things, computer games and Creative Writting
    Hates: Pedophiles, Bills/Debt, Most TV Shows and Spiders
    Pet Peeves: Preppy girls from High School who STILL haven't grown up yet!?
    Hobbies/Activities: Building fake theme parks that make the guests really happy and/or throw up (AKA Roller Coaster Tycoon), Scrapbooking, Taking roadtrips and exploring the World, hiking the Appalachian Trial and camping.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor is just like mine, dirty and sarcastic!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His desire to strip naked as he walks into the house...shoes by the door, socks in the middle of the living room, pants and shirt next to the couch...
    Describe Your Personality: I am fairly easy going, and sometimes a little afraid to speak up.  Overall I get along with most people, but if you won't put the effort into a relationship with me I will walk away and invest my time with people who will.  I am usually focused and have figured out most of want out of life, but sometimes I stumble around.  I love sharing my experiences with others and will answer almost any questions. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the day but I probably average a 6.
    I've Been On TK Since: I started lurking in 2011 but actively since 2013.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I started just to see what wedding planning would be like (if it was hard to the point of hiring someone (which I didn't want to) or if I could handle it.)  I have decided to become more vocal after lurking a while and I really like some of your ladies on here!
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed (especially with corn mixed in!)

Favorite book/author: Gregory Maguire/Wicked Series is favoirte
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was born a country girl on Long Island, then moved out to the country and acted like a city girl...I guess I just have to be different!!!!!

If you want to ask me anything else feel free!!!!
  • @cowgirl8238 I love Roller Coaster Tycoon! Though I haven't played much of it in a while! Do you ever have days where you purposely want to make rides crash or am i just crazy?
    Haha!  I have done that many times!!!  You can drown the peeps too (which i have also done to those unhappy complainers!) 
  • Screen Name: desouza14
    Significant Other's Age: 34
    What You Do: CNA/MA
    What SO Does: Chef
    State of Relationship: living together planning wedding, no ring yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    How You Met: through a social group...common friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): November 29, 2014
    Real Babies: I have three...21, 19, 4 and SO has none
    Fur Babies: none but planning on getting a kitty
    Loves: bowling, watching movies, hanging out with friends/family
    Hates: messy folk
    Pet Peeves: toothpaste tubes squeezed in the middle
    Hobbies/Activities: bowling, shopping, cleaning the house
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: how he showers me with affection...pecks on forehead, hold hand, rub back
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his flatulence...ugh
    Describe Your Personality: silly and loving
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): ????
    I've Been On TK Since: November 5, 2013
    How You Came to Be On TK: SO & I sat down and started our profile and bio

How I like my potatoes: mashed with skin and plenty of butter, sour cream, salt and pepper
    Favorite book/author: The Shack by William Paul Young
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I crochet, scrapbook, enjoy watching autopsies