Illinois-Chicago
Options

The Chicago Yacht Club - The Best of Chicago

seberarndtseberarndt member
First Comment
edited November 2013 in Illinois-Chicago

I have made the decision not to dwell on the one bad apple and give this place a review it actually deserves

Talk about a dream wedding location, we had our wedding reception here. Even with the one bad apple, I cannot give this place a bad review.

The Chicago Yacht club location is the best the City of Chicago has to offer, we had an awesome time and our guests all told us that this was by far the best reception they had ever been to. I cannot be happier with our choice of having the reception here, except for a small snafu. The view cannot be beat by any other venue in Chicago. Again, Hands down, the best location, view, you name it, you cannot beat this venue's location for a wedding reception in the city of Chicago.

The wedding planner that is included with the venue has done her fair share of weddings, she is an expert for what they can do to make this an experience like no other place.  The food was well prepared and the plate was more than you would get at other weddings, this I can promise you.   Along with the different packages, they were very accommodating should you have a need or change.   

I am sure I keep writing, but should you want to know more, let me know...

Re: The Chicago Yacht Club - The Best of Chicago

• Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you.  Hopefully they can get it all sorted out.  I would be calling the policy and filing a report, however.
  • Options

I am in the process of getting the word out and taking this from my Yelp review.

Talk about a dream wedding location, we had our wedding reception here.  Everything was great (and I hope I can update my review after this is resolved)

...until someone from their staff stole, forged and cashed some of our wedding gifts.  I am hopeful to get the word out after the planner mentioned "The staff is very diligent about those things, they bring me earrings, cell phone, cash, scarfs et cetera so I have every faith they would do the same with an envelope." I can only imagine the number of other weddings that this members only club has performed, so I hope to get the word out...

Clearly after reaching out and going beyond the unwritten rule of wedding gift etiquette, I have 2 cancelled checks that have been cashed, a note that there is a missing envelope of cash from another guest as well as a number of other missing gifts from guests but no easy way to ask them.  I am now sure after seeing the staff that no background check had been done and the yacht club does not properly pay these workers, if they did, this would not be happening.  Did I mention that they charged us gratuity on taxes?

Beyond this ordeal, the location was the best the City of Chicago has to offer, we had an awesome time and our guests all told us that this was by far the best reception they had ever been to.  I cannot be happier with our choice of having the reception here, except for this snafu.  The view cannot be beat by any other venue in Chicago.  Again, Hands down, the best location, view, night time view, you name it, you cannot beat this location for a wedding reception in the city of Chicago

Considering that this is a "Member's Only" club with deep pockets, I am sure this will be cleared up sooner than later.  I am also very hopeful that other couples who have had their weddings here will also be able to understand that this may have happened to them and they can get the closure they need along with recovery of their lost funds.  Lastly, I am hopeful this will clear everything up for future weddings and they will not have any matters like we encountered.<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

First, file a police report.

Second, to the bolded part. holy judgmental.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards