Nevada-Las Vegas

Desert Glamour.... Canceling all weddings after Jan. 1!!

Ahhhh! Whitney is moving to Seattle! She just sent me an email and I also received a refund notice for my deposit.

I need a new HMUA for April 13... A Sunday! Help! Not everyone works on Sunday.

Can anybody recommend another company or artist with similar pricing?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Desert Glamour.... Canceling all weddings after Jan. 1!!

• Ally, I just posted the same thing! I can't believe this is happening to us! I am also a Sunday, the one the week before you, so I am going to lurk on this post because I have the same question and I am freaking out! 
  • Waaaaaah! I want airbrush makeup nowwwwww!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat- unneeded stress!!! I feel for the ladies that are only a month or two out and need to scramble (so I guess we could be a worse position).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Makeup in the 702 was awesome! I got married on a sunday as well. They do airbrush and also give you a full size lipstick or gloss and lashes.
  • I can also recommend Leiv Agency. Particularly Leila and Marissa for hair and make up.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Makeup in the 702 was awesome! I got married on a sunday as well. They do airbrush and also give you a full size lipstick or gloss and lashes.
    Hi Kira - I just sent you a PM. I had emailed 702 earlier tonight and have a few questions about your experience (in addition to what you had in your review)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been looking since last night and I am having a difficult time finding anyone in the comparable price range....everyone I have quoted so far is like literally 80 bucks more for me and 50 more for each of my party....oh man...
  • I'm not sure what the pricing difference is but I'm booked with Beauty by Bri. Her communication is great and she does airbrush as well as lashes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im actually talking to her right now Shoebunnie, so thanks! I have to mull it over because I have one other person and they are like pretty much neck and neck with pricing, so I just don't know what route to go- has anyone ever used or heard of anyone using Angie Lum?
  • JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    This is awful, so sorry for you guys! @allyido - I have a stylist from Make-up in the 702 booked for my HMU trial on Sunday 13th at 10am but they have quite a few on staff so I'm sure they probably have someone available, they do airbrush and I thought their prices were good, and their communication has been great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Just had a great conversation with Megan from Makeup in the 702. She sent over a proposal and her rates are just way too high. I can't afford $200 a head for me and the bridesmaids. Too bad they sound fantastic! I did reach out to Angie as requested by Whitney. Her rates are much more manageable and I think we will probably end up going with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am with you too @AllyIDo- I just can't afford the other rates in that range. I am also talking to Bri to see what can be done that route, but I may have to go with Angie. I just wish I could find some more reviews of her work, etc. as I haven't heard much about her on here.
  • Sorry this is happening to you all. I am also booked with beauty by Bri. She has been fantastic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you share a ballpark price for Bri? She hasn't responded to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2013

I have her pricing list if you want it Ally, just PM me your email

As much as she has been a doll and responsive (more than Angie has been so far), I still think I won't be able to afford Bri, so I think I am going to have to go with Angie. I have looked at her work and it looks great and the pricing works well with her discount, but I am a bit scared due to the lack of response/lack of reviews on wedding services

• I did a group rate, which was cheaper but I don't have her current list. I have her list from a few months ago before her increase.

I do know that she does have a full time job at Dior. So she is probably just busy with work. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm paying 330ish for my HMU with airbrush and lashes, a trial, and hair for my sister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, her rates are definitely more now, so you girls are lucky you got her when you did- I was quoted somewhere between 450-550 for the our group of 3 hmu and one makeup
  • This makes me so sad. I used her for my wedding and my anniversary and planned on using her everytime went back. I hope you ladies can find someone who can take care of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I decided to book with Angie Lum, the person Whitney referred her brides to because she was able to keep the package within 20 dollars for the same things and I already had my budget in place on this. I really loved Bri and her communication, but I just couldn't make the pricing work for our group unfortunately.  I am a bit nervous since I haven't heard anything about Angie, but her work seems pretty nice and she seems friendly enough, so I guess we will see!
  • There's also francesca lombardi or something like that--think vegas groom's wife had makeup done by her.

Wedding wire has a ton of m/u artists.

A person I loved was Harmony Medina.  She wasn't available on a Sunday, so I didn't book with her. 
    I also considered stevie Daniels.
  • edited November 2013
    Oh no! So sorry to hear about this. I feel like this time of year is when I'm seeing all sorts of announcements like this.

I'm booked with Amelia C and Co - have had an awesome and professional experience with them so far! I think they are not super cheap, though - $200 for my hair & makeup but includes airbrush and lashes if I want them. Trial is another $150. Hair and makeup for others is $80 for either/$160 for both.

Don't forget to check Facebook photos! This was really helpful for my search, as I could see what "style" the HMUA had and which ones were more my taste.
  • How frustrating! I have gone for glam squad, great email comms so far and only $135 for HMU with extra $25 for air brush MU that I will go for. Seems to get good reviews on here and website good, as long as you know what you want I'm sure you will find someone, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards