Chit Chat
Options

Does your SO cook for you?

2»

Re: Does your SO cook for you?

• Options
    We both cook, about equally.  I would really like to cook more, and wouldn't mind doing most of it but everything is just crazy.  He comes home and leaves his job at his job.  What he does, he couldn't bring his work home if he tried.

Me, I'm finishing college.  I can't leave school at school.  There's always another assignment or another reading to do.  And I'm the copy editor for the school newspaper.  I edit online so I do it mostly from home.  I have to get stuff done ASAP because the reporters turn stuff in late so I have to get it done fast so they'll have enough time to do the edits.  I so enjoyed my summer job which was pretty basic and entry-level so I could just leave my job at my job when I came home.

Anyway, so he ends up doing quite a bit and we also lately have been buying pizza or takeout or deli food a lot which I don't like to do.  It's so unhealthy and so much more expensive than cooking.
  • Options
    My FI cooked for the first time the other night. He looked up a recipe and wouldn't let me in the kitchen at all. It was a noodle casserole and turned out deliciously! I was so proud! He has now decided that he will cook dinner two nights a week.

I have taught him a thing or two here and there to help him along the way. I love to cook and have been trying to share that love with him.
  • Options
    Yes, when he's able to. Right now he's taking night classes, so when DS and I come home I handle dinner unless he's put something in the crockpot. When he's home though he enjoys cooking for us, thankfully!

• Options
    My FI does the majority of the cooking, thank god. I can only cook little things. I actually just learned how to make a grilled cheese sandwich a few weeks ago haha.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I do most of the cooking, but there are many things we cook together and my husband makes a killer baked ziti :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    He has to do the cooking otherwise all he would eat is chicken breast, grilled cheese or frozen pizza since that's all I know how to make.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards