Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR what do you wear to funerals?

13»

Re: NWR what do you wear to funerals?

• banana468 said:
    It depends on the time of year but darker colors are always involved. In the summer I'll wear sleeveless and open toed heels with no hose without a second thought. The notion that hose are an absolute must is as passe as the concept that a woman must wear her girdle before leaving the house. Depending on where you are, you're dressed poorly if you ARE wearing them.
    Also @HisGirlFriday13 the taboo of wearing white after Labor Day is long since dead.  The Fashion Industry and Hollywood have long since thrown that rule right out the window!

Feel free to rock that nice white dress this winter ;-)  http://www.emilypost.com/everyday-manners/your-personal-image/502-white-after-labor-day
    The day I take etiquette advice from the Fashion Industry and Hollywood (home of the PPD, honeymoon registries, and similar ill-advised bad behaviour) is the day I die! :)

*Winter* white, as opposed to true white, however, is something I am totally on-board with.
    But we aren't talking about etiquette rules, we are talking about fashion rules. . . which originated with the fashion industry, so. . .

I have never followed this fashion rule, I always found it totally arbitrary and silly, though most are.
    Yes!    Plus, of all the things to offend you, how does a lack of hose have an impact?   That's up there with being offended that a couple opted not to engrave their invitations or that they put their reception information on the main invitation.  Come on now! 
    It is, as I have said repeatedly, a personal opinion. I don't expect everyone else to share it, but it is my opinion, which I'm entitled to have (however unpopular it otherwise might be). I side-eye it because, to me, it seems like a lack of respect. Not engraving invitations seems to me to be a cost-saving measure that makes sense. Not wearing hose, in the area where I was raised, signifies disrespect for the deceased. It's just a personal thing. And it's not like I go around telling people, 'OMFG, you are SO TACKY for not wearing hose.' This really strikes me as an agree-to-disagree thing.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • lol "I'mma let yo funeral finish, but bare legs is the most rachet ass thang I eva seen"
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards