Wedding Reception Forum
Options

signature drink ideas????

my wedding colors are blue white black and silver. we are thinking of doing 2 to 3 signature drinks... does any one have any reccomendations?

Re: signature drink ideas????

• Options
    We are doing a Mr. and Mrs. cocktail - it's my favorite drink and his favorite drink...those are our signature cocktails. it isn't 'color' related, but maybe purchase colored paper straws or something to go along with your color theme! hope this helps!
  • Options
    I would just do drinks you like and not worry about your wedding colors. You can bring color in with all your decorations. I'm always a fan of seasonal drinks. Think about your time of year and if you have the option of serving something hot like Irish coffee or a hot toddy or if it's in the summer something like a John Daly or Long Island.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I think this is wide open, but here are a few ideas--
    Aguas frescas or sangria--something really colorful and vibrant to add contrast

Blueberry basil gin and tonic (see Thug Kitchen)--if you have gin lovers, it's fantastic

Vodka is always a great option for mixers--white Russian, Black Russian, a "tini" made with blueberry, pomegranate, or some other bluish/purplish fruit.

Hypnotiq cocktails

Go by label names that match your colors --Johnny walker blue, grey goose, etc.

ETA: I agree with southernbelle -- keep it seasonal too
  • Options
    Like Southernbelle said I wouldn't worry about your colors. Just go with drinks you like. We're going to have some sort of absinthe cocktail (still experimenting with that) because it is my fiance's favorite drink. If you really want to stick with colors White Russians are good, also there are tons of yummy cocktails that include blueberries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards