Snarky Brides
Options

Gonna be one of those "cute" BMs

2»

Re: Gonna be one of those "cute" BMs

• Options
    The only time I would understand sweatpants with a person's name on them is at a nursing home.  Seeing as my Oma has to have her name on all of her clothes anyways, this suddenly seems like an awesome present for her. 
    I hated having a name-tag when I worked at a coffee shop because all the creepy guys would comment on it, so I can't imagine going around with my name running down my thigh.  I would never submit my poor BMs to that, even for a day. 

• Options
    wajohnson09wajohnson09 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    @alisonmarie658- At least now that you get to redo your wedding, you'll now have great ideas from Pintrest on *tasteful* ideas on how to put out a "honeymoon jar", have guest address their own envelopes, and ways to alienate your nearest and dearest!!

I will also wear a hideous Pnina Tornai gown because it's my day, dammit!
    I found your dream gown for the wedding redo:
    OH YOU BETCHA!

*Stuck in the box*
    This dress shows that you're bridal, but not quite ready to give up your career as a stripper.

Also.. make sure that you spend enough on your dress so that you can justify having a cash bar.  Your guests won't mind because you'll look like soooooOOOOoooo royal!

The models face says it all. Her thoughts? "This runway show is paying for my school expenses..."

That's going to take the "dollar dance" to a whole new level!!!

Maybe your Chinese manufacturer could do a combo design this gem?!?!?

Can't decide between dressing like a stripper or a princess? Now you don't have to choose!

It's been featured in 2 different episodes of Four Weddings (yep, seriously).

446.jpg 30.6K
  • Options
    Is it bad that I like the sweatpants... but I'm a sweatpants whore.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Maybe you could wear the sweatpants with a dedazzled sports bra?!?! It would make for some really special getting ready pictures.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @alisonmarie658- At least now that you get to redo your wedding, you'll now have great ideas from Pintrest on *tasteful* ideas on how to put out a "honeymoon jar", have guest address their own envelopes, and ways to alienate your nearest and dearest!!

I will also wear a hideous Pnina Tornai gown because it's my day, dammit!
    I found your dream gown for the wedding redo:
    OH YOU BETCHA!

*Stuck in the box*
    This dress shows that you're bridal, but not quite ready to give up your career as a stripper.

Also.. make sure that you spend enough on your dress so that you can justify having a cash bar.  Your guests won't mind because you'll look like soooooOOOOoooo royal!

The models face says it all. Her thoughts? "This runway show is paying for my school expenses..."

That's going to take the "dollar dance" to a whole new level!!!

Maybe your Chinese manufacturer could do a combo design this gem?!?!?

Can't decide between dressing like a stripper or a princess? Now you don't have to choose!

It's been featured in 2 different episodes of Four Weddings (yep, seriously).

I was just looking at the first dress thinking 'that's not enough skin showing, how can this problem be rectified?' a thigh high slit would work perfectly!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    Better get a Brazilian before wearing that gown!
  • Options

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think the sweatpants are THAT big of a deal LOL.  I mean, it's cheesy and I would never do it as a bride, but is it going to kill you to wear a pair of sweatpants with your name on it for like, 4 hours?  It could be worse, she could be asking all the BMs to take getting ready pics in their underwear.   Considering how big a trend that is on pinterest right now, I'd consider yourself lucky lmao.

• Options
    @jimandpam87 It's not the sweatpants that worry me, it's the attitude that drives them. A bride that demands that her bridesmaids wear matching sweatpants is more likely to demand matching $300 shoes, or matching updos and manicures and makeup, and all kinds of things that put strain on a bridesmaid's money and time.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    @jimandpam87 It's not the sweatpants that worry me, it's the attitude that drives them. A bride that demands that her bridesmaids wear matching sweatpants is more likely to demand matching $300 shoes, or matching updos and manicures and makeup, and all kinds of things that put strain on a bridesmaid's money and time.
    This exactly. Luckily the bride pushing these sweatpants has started out budget concious, but then started adding things on, ex. shoes need to be a specific color and a specific style, now the BM dress needs a belt, etc. It's an attitude issue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    Don't fight the sweatpants. When you're old with Alzheimer's, they'll come in handy if you forget your name. 
    Hence why I thought they would be good for grandparents!

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    Understandable.  I guess I was just referring to the actual sweatpants themselves.  I know several brides who have requested matching "getting ready" outfits, but are otherwise very reasonable when it comes to her BMs.  I don't think matching sweatpants, in and of themselves, are the root of all bridal evil.  Obviously the bride in the OP's case could be different...just saying in general.
  • Options
    No, matching sweatpants certainly are not the root of all evil. They are just a symptom of the "I'm the bride so you have to do what I say!" attitude that some women have. If the only weird thing you ask of your bridesmaids is pink pants to get ready in, I won't be deeply offended. I just worry about the girls who see people pinning matching everything all over Pinterest and then think it's expected that everyone will bow to their whims.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    oh my god...you guys kill me.  This thread made my day!
  • Options
    I love sweatpants, so I wouldn't actually mind those. But I don't wear my sweatpants outside the house unless I'm too sick to care. I've seen much worse!! At least the name isn't on your butt?

But for real...ugh.
  • Options
    Pinterest has created Bridezillas rather than Brides. 
  • Options
    Indeed it has! I'll admit that I do use it as a good planning tool, but I only pin the good ideas and things that I've already thought about.
  • Options

I have a question on this. Do people find the matching necklacespart of this gift bad too? I've only been in a couple weddings, and I thought it was pretty standard, but I don't want to annoy my bridesmaids. I was going to get them something else too (definitely ot hose pants, though).

• Options
    I think matching necklaces are fine as long as that's not the only thing that they're getting as their 'bridesmaid gift"
  • Options
    The rule with bridesmaid gifts are to shop for them like you're shopping for their Birthday.  If you are giving them the necklace to wear during the wedding, that's not really a gift, that's a wedding prop; but if you get them a necklace that you think they'll love (that they can choose/ not choose to wear for the wedding) that's fine.  Hopefully this makes sense?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I gave my BMs matching jewlery but it was stuff that I made. And it wasn't given to them as a gift, each gift was completely unique and not wedding related. 

I've been given jewlery as a gift every time I've been in a WP (3 times) and was only annoyed once. Mostly because it was very cheap, not my style and broke during the reception. It was also the only thing the bride gave me. I'm currently wearing one of the necklaces I got.

• Options
    anjuli116 said:

I have a question on this. Do people find the matching necklacespart of this gift bad too? I've only been in a couple weddings, and I thought it was pretty standard, but I don't want to annoy my bridesmaids. I was going to get them something else too (definitely ot hose pants, though).

I got a necklace for one of the weddings I was in, and I love it. I wear it all the time and think about the bride when I do. Caveat: I like this necklace, and she knew I would, because we have similar taste.

Don't bet on the girls all liking the same thing. I am getting my ladies necklaces, but also making them something else so that each one has something special for her.
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards