November 2014 Weddings

Checking off the to-do's!

Just ordered my gown on Saturday. I love it and can't wait to wear it. Next up, caterers and photography!

Re: Checking off the to-do's!

• Awesome! All I have left to do is men's attire, officiant and caterer. Love being a plan-ahead type person.
  • I'm going gown shopping this Saturday!  

If you don't mind me asking; how many stores/ appts. did it take until you picked your dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All that's left on our list is: ordering/ sending invites, choosing a cake (included with our venue just need to pick one), favors (won't make them until much closer to the day), FI needs to order a suit, we need to pick rings, and we need to register.  We'll also have our engagement session with our photographer so I'll add that to the "not done" list even though I don't have to plan it. 

Everything else is done- officiant, ceremony, reception, my dress, BM's are choosing their own attire, flowers, DJ, photographer. My goal was to have all vendors booked and all major details sorted out before the holidays (we got engaged in July)- mission accomplished!

@hikebikebemerry, I visited about 10 stores and then ended up ordering a dress on Amazon (I just wasn't finding anything plain enough within my tiny budget that I loved in a store, I took a chance and ordered a 57$ dress from Amazon and it's exactly what I had been looking for- this is definitely not typical- I lack the shopping gene lol). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hikebikebemerry I only went to 2 stores and tried on less than 10 gowns when I found my dress. 

• I went to two stores to "just see" what they had. I'm glad I did because it gave me a sense of what I wanted. Then, last Saturday I had three appointments...time to get serious!!. The fourth dress I tried on at the first appointment was perfect. I called and cancelled the other two because I knew I had found it.
  • Thanks for the tips! I found my dress yesterday!! It was the 3rd one that I tried on at my first appointment, I almost started crying when I put it on, but stopped myself so I didn't bias everyone's reactions. We still went to the second appointment, just so I could check out something I had like online. As soon as I walked into the second place, I couldn't take trying on the dresses seriously, because I was so in love with the dress from the first store. I'm so excited!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hikebikebemerry The same thing happened to me! I tried on the 4th dress, fell in love and cried. Went to a second store just to see what my options were, but I knew that the dress I fell in love with was the one. I went back the next morning to buy it.
  • Yay! So happy for everyone! I cried, too. Isn't it his fun? Now I keep looking at myself in the pictures. I can't wait for it to get here! It's so hard not to share it with my fiancé! I share everything with him! I've also decided to keep it under lock and key so no one will see it except my mom, sis, and best friend. I don't want too many eyeballs on it and ruin my "moment!"
  • You ladies have me worried now! We have our ceremony and reception venues all set and have decided on a caterer but still have to get that set in stone. Other than that I have a LOT of balls in the air right now. We have a tentative dj, tentative photographer, tentative table/chair rental place... you get the idea. I did talk to my brother (my MOH, whatever we figure out to call him) about needing to look for a dress last night and he said, "Um, yeah, you need to do that now. I'll go with you." So that's on my radar...

The good news is, I have a lot of things that are close to done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
  • I just found my dress this weekend too!  Now in the process of meeting with caterers.  Most of our other vendors are all booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards