May 2015 Weddings

Getting to know you!

Hey all-- just an intro thread so we can get a sense of each other and what our weddings will be like.

Ages of you and Fi:
How long you've been together:
Professions or if in school, what you're studying:
Any fur babies or real babies?
Wedding date:
Wedding location:
What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)?
Fun fact about yourself or your relationship:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Getting to know you!

• Love this thread! And love the fun facts :) Here's mine: 
    Ages of you and Fi: We are both 29
    How long you've been together: 11 Years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in compliance for an insurance company, and FI is an IT manager for a financial company. I am also working on my MBA with a concentration in marketing. 
    Any fur babies or real babies? 2 kitty fur babies, both males. Their names are Pesto and Kapuchee. They both have such different personalities and FI and I make stories up about them all the time lol.
    Wedding date: May 22,2015
    Wedding location:Central Park Boathouse, in  NYC
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? My vision was a very NYC wedding, classic with a modern twist which I think we will be getting. Our ceremony will be early evening, cocktail hour outdoors, sit down dinner, and huge party!!! I want it to be super fun for our guests.
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: FI and I met our second week into our freshman year of college. Long story short, this kid my roommates and I used to hang out with had a crush on me and introduced me to FI and 2 of his friends in an attempt to humiliate me. FI's friend was really creepy and I thought they were all creeps; but I kept bumping into FI that week around campus and by the end of the week we were an item :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Ages of you and Fi: I'm 24, he's 26. We'll be 25 and 28 when we get married.
    How long you've been together: Just hit the 6 year mark on Christmas.
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: Heating & Air Conditioning Mechanic, and I just received a new job as an assistant in the nursing division of a hospital.
    Any fur babies or real babies? Fur baby - 2 year old chiweenie named Zoey. Real baby - 5 year old son named Alex.
    Wedding date: 05/03/2015 or 05/10/2015
    Wedding location: Beautiful outdoor venue in Frederick, MD.
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? 130(ish) people, country comfort foods preferably family style.
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We both love Superman, Hockey, and children. Oh and I asked him out first, on Myspace no less.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2014
    Ages of you and Fi: I'm 32 and he's 34 How long you've been together: 4.5 yrs Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I'm a licensed insurance agent and he's in law enforcement Any fur babies or real babies? 3 kids (1 together and 1 each from previous relationships) and 1 dog Wedding date:hoping I can secure 5/16 Wedding location:southern NJ What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? 200 max, seated dinner, modern style with some bling (David tutera style but at a lower cost) Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: we love to travel. Both of our favorite color is red. We grew up in the same neighborhood and we never knew each other.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ages of you and Fi: We are both 28, but he is a few months older How long you've been together: 8 years Professions or if in school, what you're studying: He is a mechanical designer at an engineering firm and I work as the assistant to the Facilities Director at a local college. Any fur babies or real babies? We have two rescued fur babies. We have a Min Pin named Brodie and a Plott Hound/ Lab mix named Randall. Wedding date: Hoping for May 16, 2015, but nothing is set in stone yet. We know it will be May though. Wedding location: Eau Claire, WI. What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? Our ceremony will be held at a Catholic church and our reception will most likely be at a local golf course. We have not decided any other details. For colors I am thinking plum, lime and grey. Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We both love the outdoors. During the summer every spare minute is spent on our boat wakeboarding/tubing
  • Ages of you and Fi: We are both 28, but he is a few months older How long you've been together: 8 years Professions or if in school, what you're studying: He is a mechanical designer at an engineering firm and I work as the assistant to the Facilities Director at a local college. Any fur babies or real babies? We have two rescued fur babies. We have a Min Pin named Brodie and a Plott Hound/ Lab mix named Randall. Wedding date: Hoping for May 16, 2015, but nothing is set in stone yet. We know it will be May though. Wedding location: Eau Claire, WI. What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? Our ceremony will be held at a Catholic church and our reception will most likely be at a local golf course. We have not decided any other details. For colors I am thinking plum, lime and grey. Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We both love the outdoors. During the summer every spare minute is spent on our boat wakeboarding/tubing
  • Ages of you and Fi:I am 26 and He is 28
    How long you've been together:7 years and 3 months
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: he is an Engineer and I am a One to One with disabled Pre-k students.
    Any fur babies or real babies? A dog
    Wedding date: May 24, 2015
    Wedding location: Highlawn Pavillion West Orange NJ
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? Aprox 130 ppl sit down
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We are complete opposites but are able to understand each other.
  • bakersckbakersck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Ages of you and Fi: me 25, Fi 26

How long you've been together: 2 1/2 years

Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I'm a Baker and Fi is in the military

Any fur babies or real babies? 2 fur kitties and a 7 1/2 month old babe. 

Wedding date: May 8, 2015

Wedding location: Wedgewood Banquet Hall,  Brentwood,  Ca (SF Bay Aera)

What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? About 130 guests

Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: the day we met,  he gave me a bloody nose

Eta wedding location
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ages of you and FI: 28 and 32
    How long you've been together: We've been together off and on for seven years.
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: He is a security guard I work retail while studying fashion merchandising.
    Any fur babies or real babies? We have a 3 year old yellow lab and a 6 year old mini lop. No real babies yet!
    Wedding date: Hopefully the first weekend in May.
    Wedding location: Central KY, no venue yet.
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? A Kentucky Derby themed high tea with a small group of friends and family (less than 20 people).
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: He asked my dad if he could marry me and my father cried! :)<3
  • -I'm 24 years old and FI is 25 years old

-We've been together for 5 years

-I'm currently working on my masters degree in social work.I plan on being a child welfare case worker.

-We have one cat who we love as if she were our real child.

-We haven't booked a venue yet but we're hoping for May 24th

-The wedding will be in Portland, Oregon. Hopefully downtown overlooking the river. I'm touring the Portland World Trade Center on Monday. From the pictures I really love it.

-We'll probably have about 125 guests. We'd like a formal evening wedding. My colors will be dark purple, dark blue, and a little bit of dark green. We're planning on having a buffet.

- Interesting fact: My FI is currently working abroad and won't be back until October :(

• Ages of you and Fi: WE are both 30.

How long you've been together: About 10 months (dated 3 years ago for a short while and reconnected early last year)

Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in the mental health field and he is in grad school pursuing a doctorate in administration.

Any fur babies or real babies? A yorkie named Tutti and a Siamese kitty named Majesty.

Wedding date: 5/30/15

Wedding location: Mount Magazine in Paris Ar.

What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)?  Formal wedding with a modern vintage feel.  Looking to invite about 120 ppl. we have picked 8BM and 8GM..

Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We are in a long distance relationship! I am moving to Arkansas after our wedding. :)
  • YAY!! We have a board!!

Ages of you and Fi:  I'm 27 and FI is 26
    How long you've been together:  We've been friends about 10 years and together a little over 2
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying:  I'm an intelligence analyst and FI does loss prevention
    Any fur babies or real babies?  We have a 5 year old pup named Remy
    Wedding date:  5/15/15
    Wedding location:  Museum in Washington, DC
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)?  DC-centric affair with about 120 people.  We want more of a large party feel then a formal wedding so we're thinking of doing stations rather then a sit down
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship:  My mom is the reason that we ended up reconnecting after college and started dating after not seeing each other for years :)  Mothers do know best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ages of you and Fi:  I am 39 and he is 38.
    How long you've been together: About 3 years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in Financial Sales and he is a Brand Consultant
    Any fur babies or real babies?  We have 4 dogs.  A lab, chow, chiweenie and Chorkie (who is my baby)
    Wedding date:  5/30/15
    Wedding location:  Parents back yard in Troy, OH (we live in columbus)
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? we are having a non traditional wedding.  We will be having a carnival theme
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We met online despite us working for the same company.
  • Ages of you and Fi:  I am 39 and he is 38.
    How long you've been together: About 3 years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in Financial Sales and he is a Brand Consultant
    Any fur babies or real babies?  We have 4 dogs.  A lab, chow, chiweenie and Chorkie (who is my baby)
    Wedding date:  5/30/15
    Wedding location:  Parents back yard in Troy, OH (we live in columbus)
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? we are having a non traditional wedding.  We will be having a carnival theme
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We met online despite us working for the same company.
  • liyaliya1liyaliya1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Ages of you and Fi: 27 and 28
    How long you've been together: 7 years in March
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in affiliate marketing for a television channel and he is a data analyst for an HR consulting firm
    Any fur babies or real babies? We have a dog named Nala, she is a yellow lab mix
    Wedding date: TBD - aiming for 5/31/2015
    Wedding location: TBD - Looking in the Jersey City, NJ area across the river from NYC
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)?  Trying to work in some Jewish/Israeli cultural aspects to the wedding, but not necessarily in a religious way. 
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship:  We met in college and were friends for about three years before officially dating (but I knew I was in love with him from day one :) )
  • starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2014
    lilaliya1:
     We met in college and were friends for about three years before officially dating (but I knew I was in love with him from day one :) )
    Haha that is like us!!  In college I use to always joke around that I thought FI was 'the perfect guy' and now years later he is all mine!  Funny how things turn out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is fun!

Ages of you and Fi: I'm 26, he's 28.
    How long you've been together: A little over 3 years.
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: He's a lawyer and I am in administration for a hazmat solutions company.
    Any fur babies or real babies? None.
    Wedding date: May 17, 2015
    Wedding location: Espace Canal in Montreal
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? 150 guests, outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour with a plated meal.
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: I'm a crazy planner and knew the engagement was just a matter of time, and I may have contacted some venues for information before he proposed... haha! He may have found out... but loves me just the same, haha!
  • cmarr684cmarr684 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Ages of you and Fi: currently 24 & 25
    How long you've been together: 3 years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I am a graphic designer, my fiance is a nurse's aide, continuing school to be an RN.
    Any fur babies or real babies? None.
    Wedding date: May 16, 2015
    Wedding location: Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? 160 guests, outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and dinner.
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: My fiance and I met at a zombie themed Halloween party when I was in college...LOL
  • Ages of you and Fi: FIance is 30, and I am 26 (27 all too soon!!)
    How long you've been together: We've been together 2 years and 3 months
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: We are both RNs
    Any fur babies or real babies?: None yet, but we'd love a dog once we get out of our apartment!
    Wedding date: May 23, 2015!!
    Wedding location: Tewksbury Country Club, Tewksbury, MA
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? About 150. I'm planning "Rustic Elegance" as the theme
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: Patrick is in a heavy metal band in which he screams as the vocalist. I was originally a vocal performance major int college before switching.  Yet, we both sang "The Prayer" at my best friend's wedding back in October. He can actually sing!
  • Ages of you and Fi: I'm 45, FI just turned 55
    How long you've been together: 3.5 years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I'm an emergency medical responder, in school for Emergency Medical Technician; FI is a pipefitter; we both work in the oilfield
    Any fur babies or real babies? Neither, although my parents have 2 really cute Siamese cats
    Wedding date: May 16, 2015
    Wedding location: Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? small, probably buffet, outside
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: two fun facts: I am a wildlife artist, and I met my FI at Michaels Arts and Crafts (I was custom framing manager at the time, and he was a customer); he told me he was a wildlife photographer, and the rest is history!
  • missmarissa14missmarissa14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Ages of you and Fi: I'm 26 and he's 32 How long you've been together: 3 years Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I work in advertising and owns a bread route Any fur babies or real babies? Nope but we are looking forward to both! Wedding date: 5/9/15 Wedding location: Easton, PA What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever) We are having about 150 people, catholic wedding ceremony and our venue is surrounded by glass with a huge patio outside. It will be semi-formal with lots of personal touches :) Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: The night we met a friend talked me into going out. I almost backed but went anyway. I actually said in my mind (maybe I will meet the love of my life tonight).......she introduced us and the rest is history! Also....I am a Eagles fan and he is a Cowboys fan. We have a love/hate relationship for 16 weeks out of the year!
  • Ages of you and Fi: I am 28 and he is 33
    How long you've been together: A little over 2 years
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I am a Financial Analyst, he is a chef
    Any fur babies or real babies? One cat named Bosco
    Wedding date: 5/24/15
    Wedding location: Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? The wedding will be about 130-150 people, grazing/buffet menu so no assigned seating, basically we want it to be a fun party with awesome food and drinks. The theme is loosely based on food since we are having it in a food market.
    Fun fact about yourself or your relationship: We both enjoy running, so we have run several races together, and right now are planning on doing the Disney Half Marathon during the Food and Wine Festival in November (we have been the past few years but never did the race!).
  • Hi I'm Stacee, getting married May 23rd 2013 in Oak Glen, CA at Serendipity Garden Weddings. I'm blogging about my wedding adventure too, with links to other blogs like Lauren Conrad's wedding entries and more! Find the link below!

http://futurewifelife.blogspot.com

Ages of you and Fi: I'm 26, he's 28
    How long you've been together: Almost four years but we met in Jr. High
    Professions or if in school, what you're studying: I own a children's theatre!
    Any fur babies or real babies? One very large orange cat!
    What style of wedding (size, type of meal, or whatever)? I'd say rustic and intimate, only 125 guests. Romantic, I hope!

• @staceemarie OMG I love your "planned date night" folder on your blog! Really awesome idea!
  • @cmarr684 Thank you! I found the idea on pinterest and then personalized it to me and my fiancé'. It really helps us make time for each other at least once a month. It's easy to get into just laying around watching tv! 
  • @staceemarie -- I love your blog! Such a great idea with so much information on it! Also, I loved reading about your proposal!!! It sounds like it was perfect!! Congrats!! And btw...we have the same wedding day, May 23, 2015!!!!!!! YAY!
  • @lindseyfera No way! What a great date, memorial day weekend? Monday off work? Although hopefully WE will already be on our honeymoon, where are you getting married? My proposal was wonderful, my fiancé did such a great job and I didn't see it coming at all. How was yours???
    Thank you for your comments about the blog, I just added a follow button on the blog. If you could follow it and leave a comment! I'd really appreciate! it! http://futurewifelife.blogspot.com
  • @staceemarie - we are getting married north shore of Boston! Our reception is at Tewksbury Country Club--cannot wait! Haha yeah we should most definitely be headed out to the honeymoon by then!! :-)

My proposal was perfect--I had no idea it was happening, either! It was on Christmas Eve (it sounds cliche but we are both RNs and I got stuck working both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year and I was being a grump all season about it and I think he used Christmas eve as a way to make me happier about working Christmas Day haha!) so we were headed to my parents' house for Christmas eve lunch and we stopped by his parents' house on the way and then he drove down a side road, which wasn't uncommon for him to do, and it leads to my favorite old stone bridge (think "ye olde new england") and so we got out of the car because it was an uncommonly nice day for December in Massachusetts, and then he's talking to me about our love and how much he loves me and how he wants to spend more Christmases with me and start our own family and traditions some day and he says wonderful things like this a lot to me, which is nice, so I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary, until he's suddenly down on one knee with the ring shining in my face haha! I burst into tears, it was incredible. And of course our parents knew this was what was happening and they were all at my parents' house with champagne and we all had lobster rolls for lunch. It was just so perfect.

He had done SUCH a great job of throwing me off for so long that there was NO way I would have thought it was happening when it happened. I knew we were going to get married, it was just a matter of when.  And he definitely succeeded--all he wanted to do was completely surprise me, and he did!
  • @lindseyfera LOVE THAT STORY! How wonderful?! And surprising, even though you knew it was coming some day, you still weren't sure when... that's how I felt. :) Boston is beautiful, only been there once but loved it. Congratulations again! 

What are your colors? Or have you decided? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards