Luxury Weddings

Meeting my wedding planner

I'm having a budget wedding in NYC but I figure I get more advice on this board. I'm hiring a full service wedding planner because we live in Virginia but our wedding will be in NYC and plus we want a nice stress free wedding. Although we've talked over the phone and email dozens of time, next week, I'm heading up to NYC to meet her. I don't know what I should ask or what to expect for our first meeting. Any stories or advice would be much appreciated. 

Re: Meeting my wedding planner

• I'm doing the same thing next week. Mine is just a coordinator, but we live out of state and are having a--I wouldn't exactly call it budget, but for the area, I suppose it is--wedding in Santa Barbara. SB is FI's hometown, so we are going back for his birthday and I'm meeting with her for the first time. She gave me homework! I have several worksheets I have to fill out. I haven't done them yet...We are meeting at the venue (my FSIL's backyard) and going over timeline for the most part.
  • I'm having a budget wedding in NYC but I figure I get more advice on this board. I'm hiring a full service wedding planner because we live in Virginia but our wedding will be in NYC and plus we want a nice stress free wedding. Although we've talked over the phone and email dozens of time, next week, I'm heading up to NYC to meet her. I don't know what I should ask or what to expect for our first meeting. Any stories or advice would be much appreciated. 
    When I first met with my wedding planner the main thing I had to bring was the budget.  You should be ready to tell her how much you want to spend and how many people you are planning to have.  That will give her an idea of how to manage your money.  

Mine also asked me what things were most important to me/what I was willing to splurge on versus what was less important or could be trimmed if we needed to make budget adjustments.  

It's also good to bring your calendar.  A good planner will want to make appointments for you to see venues, try on dresses, taste cakes, etc. and it helps to go ahead and block off some days to do that.  

Hope this helps!
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards