Wedding Etiquette Forum

What your actions say to your guests - everything you need to know in one place

13»

Re: What your actions say to your guests - everything you need to know in one place

• Why would they hate you? It's perfectly acceptable to give them a color (or colors) and ask them to buy something within their budget that fits the bill. Some BMs do like a little more guidance (i.e. length, type of fabric), but they will probably let you know if that's the case. If they live in your area you can also offer to go shopping with them.
  • Bbk1211 said:
    I have an odd etiquette question..... Is it wronge to tell your brides maids to go and buy themselves a dress long as its inside the colors of my wedding cause i want them to be able to wear it any fancy event? I am new to the whole wedding thing and am scared they will hate me cause i said it..... :/
    I told my girls that I wanted short and navy.  Other than that, they could pick whatever fabric or style they wanted.  They were very appreciative of being given a choice.  Why would they hate you?  Who wouldn't want to pick out their own dress in a style that best suits them?  What color are you asking them to wear?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard more complaints from women who hated the dresses the brides picked for them than I've heard complaints about being given the ability to pick their own dresses within certain parameters. 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I've heard more complaints from women who hated the dresses the brides picked for them than I've heard complaints about being given the ability to pick their own dresses within certain parameters. 

This is why I asked the opinions of my bridesmaids before choosing a dress. They are all wearing the same dress, but I wanted their input instead of just telling them what they are wearing. I considered allowing them all to choose different dresses, but I wasn't a fan of any of the pictures I saw that had that. It wasn't a risk I was willing to take.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Having been forced to wear a dress handmade by the MOG and go up the aisle with safety pins still in my dress... I would much rather have been able to buy any dress in the right color!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    Having been forced to wear a dress handmade by the MOG and go up the aisle with safety pins still in my dress... I would much rather have been able to buy any dress in the right color!
    OH, that's bad! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards