Wedding 911

WEDDING EMERGENCY!

My flowers are a light pink and not a pale pink like I requested.
sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel

Re: WEDDING EMERGENCY!

• My MOH did not bring extra bobby pins for my hair.

My day is ruined.
  • One of my BMs got her hair cut. Like, really, really short. Another one is getting a French manicure when I'm supposed to be the only one with a French manicure. WTF am I going to do?
  • My MOH is pregnant and she MAY have her baby a week before my wedding and she MAY have to bring it and the baby MAY cry during the ceremony which would just completely fuck my day up? What should I do if all of those 'mays' happen?

• My MOH is pregnant and she MAY have her baby a week before my wedding and she MAY have to bring it and the baby MAY cry during the ceremony which would just completely fuck my day up? What should I do if all of those 'mays' happen?
    I actually thought you were coming over here to yell at me for making fun.

I appreciate your input.  :)
    Probably best to invite her to leave the wedding party. You don't need a wild card like her ruining the biggest day of your life.
  • Hahaha, not at all @DragonBlood13! I appreciate a great sense of humor and sometimes you just have to poke fun at the craziness that occurs on these boards.

• My BMs are bitches! None of them will help me make centerpieces and stuff envelopes and taste cake flavors and interview DJs. What should I do? Should I kick all them out and find new BMs?

Also, my parents want to invite, like, 6 of their friends. Can you believe that?!?! 6 whole chairs taken up by people I dont' even like. I mean, they're paying for the entire wedding, but how can I make them see how wrong they are???
  • My BMs are bitches! None of them will help me make centerpieces and stuff envelopes and taste cake flavors and interview DJs. What should I do? Should I kick all them out and find new BMs?

Also, my parents want to invite, like, 6 of their friends. Can you believe that?!?! 6 whole chairs taken up by people I dont' even like. I mean, they're paying for the entire wedding, but how can I make them see how wrong they are???
    True story: My ILs filled 3 entire tables with their friends, none of whom I had ever met. They didn't cover their costs either. I was annoyed as hell, but I figured it was DH's battle, not mine. And he chose not to fight it, so....
  • Ill play cause I am insanely bored and it's slow at work. Like always...

So, I am totes already married, but could not afford to properly host a wedding so we eloped/JOP'ed/all-and-any-reason-under-the-sun to not wait to get married. I wasn't pleased that I didn't have a floofy dress, first dance, or any of that. Woe is me! 

Now that we have been married a year, I want the real thing! Big dress, big cake and guests with big wallets for all the gifts they need to buy me/us for our super speshul day! Oh, and I want a fancy dress, so lets add in a cash bar too! Guest wont mind right- it's a regional thing?!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• http://blog.theknot.com/2014/01/07/what-to-wear-to-work-the-week-you-get-engaged/

All of these outfits will take up my entire budget. Now I need to host an engagement fundraiser to properly match my clothes to my ring.

Just host your own bridal shower!!! Cash only *wink, wink*
  • I really wish I hadn't actually heard something similar to that^ recently.

*headdesk*
  • edited January 2014

It sounds like there are a lot of level headed people on this post.  It sounds just like my wedding!

Oh, except I told all of my guests that they have to wear blue to my wedding.  But not just any blue.  I sent everyone a color swatch of the navy blue I want and they are supposed to match it EXACTLY.  Other than that they can wear whatever they want, though... I don't want to be picky.  I mean, I'm not a bridezilla or anything.  But, I have this one cousin that sent me a picture of her dress and it's totally the wrong shade!  I want navy blue and her dress is more of a midnight blue!  This is MY DAY!  Everyone should happily do what I want so MY DAY can be PERFECT!  I think she is jealous and is just trying to ruin my day.

Oh, and last week this friend from college who I haven't talked to in 5 years just got engaged and scheduled her wedding for 3.5 weeks after mine! Really?!  How dare she schedule her wedding during my wedding month?!  Now I'm thinking I should uninvited her from being my bridesmaid.  I mean, how can she help plan my engagement party, bridal showers (3 of them), bachelorette party, shop for dresses with me, address my invites, help make centerpieces and decorations, and put together the favors while she's busy planning her own wedding?

Edit: Ironically, 2 days after I wrote this post, my sister got engaged and is having her wedding 5 week after mine! Ha Ha!  I love my sister and am thrilled for her though. :)  As long as she doesn't steal all of my wedding ideas. But, I'm sure there's little risk of that since we have 2 completely different wedding styles. 

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Hesterlicious said: http://blog.theknot.com/2014/01/07/what-to-wear-to-work-the-week-you-get-engaged/ All of these outfits will take up my entire budget. Now I need to host an engagement fundraiser to properly match my clothes to my ring. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ETA: stupid quotes again! 
    Just one more way the wedding industry is making brides think they are the only person who matters and that being the bride (cue the spotlight and angels singing) is the most important thing about them for the next xyz months until the wedding.
  • nicoann said:

It sounds like there are a lot of level headed people on this post.  It sounds just like my wedding!

Oh, except I told all of my guests that they have to wear blue to my wedding.  But not just any blue.  I sent everyone a color swatch of the navy blue I want and they are supposed to match it EXACTLY.  Other than that they can wear whatever they want, though... I don't want to be picky.  I mean, I'm not a bridezilla or anything.  But, I have this one cousin that sent me a picture of her dress and it's totally the wrong shade!  I want navy blue and her dress is more of a midnight blue!  This is MY DAY!  Everyone should happily do what I want so MY DAY can be PERFECT!  I think she is jealous and is just trying to ruin my day.

Oh, and last week this friend from college who I haven't talked to in 5 years just got engaged and scheduled her wedding for 3.5 weeks after mine! Really?!  How dare she schedule her wedding during my wedding month?!  Now I'm thinking I should uninvited her from being my bridesmaid.  I mean, how can she help plan my engagement party, bridal showers (3 of them), bachelorette party, shop for dresses with me, address my invites, help make centerpieces and decorations, and put
    together the favors while she's busy planning her own wedding?

You forgot the stag and doe. And you need to make sure you have a honey fund shower and a cash shower too, so that's now five showers.
    They also have to go to vendors with you. And that one that's a florist needs to do your flowers for free since she's your friend.
  • EverAferEverAfer member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

My MOH is pregnant and she MAY have her baby a week before my wedding and she MAY have to bring it and the baby MAY cry during the ceremony which would just completely fuck my day up? What should I do if all of those 'mays' happen?

Two of my bridesmaids are pregnant (really). The one due in March must lose her baby weight by July. And the one due the week of my wedding better wait till after my wedding so she doesn't steal the attention! How dare they not put their live on hold for my speshal day!
  • I special-ordered a flower for my hair and I wanted ivory and it was ecru, so clearly my marriage is invalid and I should get a do-over.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I need help now. My dog, who is my ring bearer just swallowed the rings, yes, the real rings, peed on my soon to be MILs dress and bit the flower girl. Should I delay the ceremony until the dog 'passes' the rings?

• Listen, none of this matters!!  Why haven't you all been to my Go Fund Me page yet??  I can't pay for this damn wedding myself!!  Plus I'm dressing all of my BM's in the USA Olympic sweaters to make sure they don't outshine me, and I told them to all make pages too, so make sure you donate to them as well.  Haute couture don't come cheap

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    DP
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Parents are only contributing 100K for my wedding because they need to "retire" and "pay their mortgage." Those selfish procreators.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• OMFG, ya'll been hanging out at WW huh?

Jeez. It's all "you're special, I'm special, we're just a bunch of special fkrs" over there now :( They kicked off/temp suspended all the "greats" for keeping it honest, and wtf now it's all goody goody horseshit. 
  • edited January 2014
    EverAfer said:
    Two of my bridesmaids are pregnant (really). The one due in March must lose her baby weight by July. And the one due the week of my wedding better wait till after my wedding so she doesn't steal the attention! How dare they not put their live on hold for my speshal day!
    No lies I heard on the radio the other day a bride who was demanding that none of her bridesmaids gain more than 10 pounds.  Or cut their hair.  And they have to get spray tans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2014
    Help!  I ordered my wedding dress 4 sizes to small and now it's here and it doesn't fit.  I was just sure that I would be able to lose 40 pounds in 4 months.  I mean, that's only 10 pounds a month!  And I'm not even drinking sodas anymore, only orange and pineapple juice!
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards