Not Engaged Yet

Whoops!

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited January 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
I had typed up Tuesday Accountability but forgot to hit post and by the time I realized, @buddysmom80 had already started the thread. 

Since I can't delete this thread, tell me what plans you have going on this week?

Re: Whoops!

• Hahaha! Great minds think alike!

This week is kind of boring. Tonight I'm going to try on wedding dresses and that's about it. I have a three day weekend coming up but the Monday I'm off I'll be at the dentist all day getting a new crown.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I just have rehearsal tonight and tomorrow. Otherwise nothing exciting. I'm tired I just want to sleep and I have the worst headache in the world right now.

5 months from today we get married!!!

Anniversary

• This week is going to be busy with stuff I couldn't get done last week. I'm usually very productive but last week I only made it half way through the stuff I needed to get done. Ughhhh I hate having a to-do list lingering around me.
  • Today I'm trying on dresses during my lunch break. There's one last salon I wanted to check out before I go shopping with my mom and my sister for what will hopefully be THE dress. Tonight FI and I are having a tasting and consultation with a caterer we're thinking of going with. We have another tasting scheduled two weeks from now. I'm feeling torn between the two. The second caterer has better presentation and excellent food and I'd prefer to go with them just because I love them slightly more but they're also more expensive. The first caterer is right on budget. I love them as well and I know they'll do a good job because they caterered @southernpeach89's wedding. But I think their food and presentation just isn't quite as amazing.

Last night my venue had an open house. I met a couple of the owner's preferred bakers and tasted some cake samples. I also met the woman who I think will do my invitations. She seemed very personable and easy to work with and I felt like we connected well. So this week I might reach out to some more vendors. It's early for some of this stuff but honestly...I just want to get it checked off my list so I don't need to worry about it anymore.

Tomorrow I'm going to try out my first ever hot yoga class. My friend says she really likes the instructor and the room isn't oppressively warm. I got a groupon for 10 classes with this studio so I guess I hope I like it. Friday I've signed up to go to a pilates class there as well. It's my first time doing anything pilates or yoga related in nearly a year so I'm pretty much going to suck a lot.

• Exciting, @peaseblossom55!

This week I'm knitting. Doing laundry. Perhaps playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Sleeping. My body finally gave in to sleep last night, and it was awesome.

Oh, and I get a 3-day weekend for MLK Jr Day too, so I'm excited for that.
  • @buddysmom80, I know you have expressed some insecurity about trying on dresses, but it will be fun.  The first time I went, I was so body conscious, but there was a dress I tried on that I could not stop smiling in!  You will feel beautiful, then you will come here, post pics, and we'll tell you how beautiful you look, too.  In case you forget... ;)

B and I may go see American Hustle later this week.

Friday, I have my book club, which I am really looking forward to.  We read a book that will be very fun to discuss/debate.

Also, I need to sit down and work out a menu plan for 3 weeks for a FODMAP elimination diet to see why food hates my gut or why my gut hates food!

• @buddysmom80 & @Imhollister have fun dress shopping!! 

I'm between 2 dresses at the moment.  There's a large bridal show this weekend, so I'm going to go to that and get some ideas (and see what the spring line up is to make sure there's no other dress I want to try on).

My cat has a bite on his back (from my other cat) that looks pretty nasty.  I'm guessing it's just healing - the bite is closed, but there's fur loss in the area and it looks a little red (but not inflamed).  I've been putting neosporin on it.  If it doesn't start looking better soon, I'll take him to the vet.  The bite doesn't appear to be bothering him and he lets me touch it to put the cream on it (he just acts like I'm petting him as normal). -- Dear Pets, There is no such thing as a 'money tree' and vet visits are not free!!

Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 - YAY!!!!! I DEMAND PICS! 

@peaseblossom55 - Wow! I can't believe how soon your wedding is. What do you have left to do?

@lmhollister - Yay for dress shopping!

• @swazzle- we are in the process of looking at limos.  I am beginning to research hair and make up artists.  We are also looking at invititations and will probably decide the final version in the next week or two.  We are hopefully going to book our honeymoon this week!  We are paying for everything ourselves and even though everything is well within our budget it's a bit scary how much money we will be spending over the next few months. Ahh. 

Anniversary

• Jealous of @buddysmom80 and @lmhollister for going dress shopping! I probably won't get to do that until May at least, but on the bright side, there's at least a chance I could get a tan by then, which I'm sure will make me happier with what I see, lol.

I'm babysitting tonight and the next two nights, but I'm also applying to LOTS of jobs and getting a lot of Etsy stuff done. I actually made 4 sales in 3 days over the weekend, so I'm feeling really pumped about it. FI has downloaded a bunch of movies for us to watch this week - "Her", "Wolf of Wall Street", and "Dallas Buyers Club", and I really want to see all three. As far a WR-stuff, I need need to get a very general list of FI's "people" so that I know just how many guests we're talking about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @LivLeighton - I'm exhausted after just reading what your week has in store! 

@peaseblossom55 - I hear ya. That's exactly how I felt about a year ago. 

• @swazzle- I'm glad I'm not the only one, it's crazy. I'm trying not to think about it either.  It's all so surreal I can't believe it's going to happen in 5 months!

Anniversary

• My to-do list is long, though nothing like @livleighton's. I need to:
    balance our checkbooks
    pay bills
    clean my stuff up that is laying all over the house
    do five loads of laundry
    pack for a fun weekend in Big Bear and a work week in Anaheim

Oh, that's right, in three days, I see @flygirlmeg and @motolyn. We are going to go for long walks, do yoga, watch girlie movies, bake and gossip. I can't wait!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• My week is pretty low-key. 

After work today, I'm taking the train home to check on Lucille and then going to dinner with my BFF. It's restaurant week in my area which is always fun. H might join us if he's home in time. I hope he is because I want to show off our new car (which I can't drive yet). 

Tomorrow is work and then I have a wax appointment. I've had to reschedule this appointment like 5x and I'm about 2 weeks behind which is just... no. 

No plans on Thursday other than work.

Friday I might do happy hour in the city with some friends. 

• cu97tiger said:
    My to-do list is long, though nothing like @livleighton's. I need to:
    balance our checkbooks
    pay bills
    clean my stuff up that is laying all over the house
    do five loads of laundry
    pack for a fun weekend in Big Bear and a work week in Anaheim

Oh, that's right, in three days, I see @flygirlmeg and @motolyn. We are going to go for long walks, do yoga, watch girlie movies, bake and gossip. I can't wait!
    Story of my life. I think we have like 5 loads to do right now and I can only do one, max two per day because of our septic tank and the ridiculous amount of rain we've been getting. The ground never gets a chance to dry out (I don't think we've had a full dry week in....months) and FI is paranoid that we're going to overload our septic field if I do too much all at once. So it's either spend 15k on a new field or do laundry the rest of my life right now...

• today I'm off work (major cramps).  tonight I'm supposed to teach one piano lesson, cook dinner, bake 2 batches of cookies with H for his coworkers, and do Insanity.  depending on how my body feels, only the first two might get done.

tomorrow, I just need to do Insanity and cook dinner and make it to Bible Study on time.  we're having a party in my kids' class.

Thursday, I have to make dinner, eat, and start teaching lessons by 5:30.  after lessons, Insanity RECOVERY DAY.  and laundry.  and geez, the kitchen floors need to be scrubbed.  still.

Friday I get off at 2:45 or 3:00.  I need to run by the store to grab a rotisserie chicken, come home and do Insanity (the long workout) and make a chicken and dumpling soup for a Girls' Night by 6 PM.  CAN I DO THIS??
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    @southernpeach89 I feel you, the list just keeps growing.

This week is mega busy at work. Tonight and tomorrow I'm cleaning the apartment and frantically preparing for a job interview that will hopefully be scheduled for next week. Friday and Saturday I'm volunteering at my church's youth conference at Philips Arena, then recovering on Sunday. Also have to finish 700 pages of reading for book club and it's just not happening.

ETA:
    @CocoBellaF YOU CAN DO IT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Hummingbird125  Good luck on your job search!  Based solely on anecdotal evidence, I feel that the job market is opening up a bit.

@lalalaurita what book are you reading in your book club now?

@CocoBellaF I hope you feel better soon!  

• Happy birthday, @kait! What a lovely surprise from your coworkers!
  • Happy birthday @Kait!!!! 
  • Happy Birthday @Kait! Love your desk!

• Happy Birthday @Kait! That's so cool that you're coworkers decorated your desk! I need a bulletin board for my cubicle!
  • @Kait - Happy Birthday!!! 

Anniversary
  • Happy Birthday @kait

@livleighton - I'm exhausted just reading what you've got going on this week.

@swazzle - I hope nothing comes between you and your wax appt. I don't even want to know!

I feel like my goals during the week are to keep my head above water. It's work, kids, dinner, bath/reading/bed, laundry while working on my side job, a few minutes with BF, and bed for us. I would like to start exercising in the morning. But I need to work on getting up earlier. 

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Happy birthday @Kait! Looks like fun!!

ETA:
    @RWS2011 I'm reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. 130 pages in and it's quite intriguing, but just so darn long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks ladies!!! Even though it's raining and I'm working really late tonight, it's still been a great day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happy Birthday @kait!

I am seriously annoyed with everything in life today. 

Tonight, I'm making a healthy, hopefully delicious dinner.

Tomorrow, BF & I are having dinner w/our friends.

Thursday, BF & I are going shopping for a new coffee table (we want a lift-top one), exchanging some stuff he got from Banana Republic, and I might try to get an eye exam, just so I can get my prescription and order new contacts online. 

Friday I have a women's hockey game. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Kait, happy birthday! I'm about to apply to work where you work, because DAY-UM, that's so nice and thoughtful of your co-workers to go all out on the decorations.

@TwoDimes, I'm having concert envy. Have fun this weekend!

I just have school and work and crap this week. Ugh. I feel like my week/weekend posts always say the same stuff these days and it makes me sad. :( Nothing special seems to be going on in my life right now, even though I know that doing well in school is a huge part of the foundation for anything awesome I do in the long run. Just kind of bored with stuff right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards