Chit Chat

Favorite part of your wedding?

2»

Re: Favorite part of your wedding?

• My favorite part of my wedding was the reveal/first look it was such an intimate moment for my H and I and just pure emotion. It's something I will never forget about the night and it was probably the only thing that i didn't feel rushed during.
    @MrsDeRuyter87 FI really wants a first look; I wasn't too sure about the idea but agreed to it. Reading this makes me super excited for our first look now! :)
    Anniversary

• My favorite part of my wedding was the reveal/first look it was such an intimate moment for my H and I and just pure emotion. It's something I will never forget about the night and it was probably the only thing that i didn't feel rushed during.
    @MrsDeRuyter87 FI really wants a first look; I wasn't too sure about the idea but agreed to it. Reading this makes me super excited for our first look now! :)
    I promise you won't regret it. All the people say that it takes away from the moment when you start walking down the aisle for the ceremony...it didn't for us at all. My H was as weepy as ever and really it was kind of like we had a secret no one else in the room knew about.
  • The cake. It was the first thing my FI and I agreed on right away. We always fauxplain at weddings we go to that no one has just a traditional white wedding cake anymore. They all have fancy fillings and stuff. So we are having a traditional white wedding cake. It is like the one traditional thing we're doing.
  • For me, it was the fact that our wedding was private, personal, and a secret! We really enjoyed not having any drama!! Since it was a secret, I also really enjoyed everyone's reactions when they found out (we actually had an engagement, so people knew we were getting married at some point)

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    We live far from family so it was fun just to hang out with them for 4 days (our wedding was OOT for everyone). 

But if I had to say what  my favorite part was, I have to say the first look.    My parents rented a huge beach house.  It slept 17 in real beds, not even bunk beds.    The main floor was the second floor and it had an beautiful landing where the stairs to go up and down met.    All my nieces and nephews (wp) were standing long the railing all dressed up.   Then on the other side was the rest of the WP, all the parents, SO's of the WP and my sibling's SOs.    DH was in the middle back towards the stairs.  I came down the stairs and there was a gasp of approval.   DH turned around  and said "woooo" then shed a tear.  Our moms (who just met the night before) cried in each other's arms.  The kids all jumped up and down. 

It was really special to have that moment with everyone.  Especially since we normally see everyone once a year.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • getting pampered all day long :) and definitely getting to wear my dress.  (My flower girl still calls me a princess so that makes me happy)! 

But in all seriousness, I am not much for "attention" so was getting a little overwhelmed as they picked me up from the bridal suite to go to the ceremony.  I was trying not to cry and my dad was doing his best to keep me calm, but as I turned the corner (we had a long walk before getting to the actual aisle) and saw my "husband" standing up there looking so handsome with his big smile and cute little dimple I fell in love with on our first date, I just totally relaxed and the rest of the day was just perfect.  That is a moment I hope I never forget.

I also really liked when husband and I were eating dinner we took a moment to just look at all of our guests who came from near and far to celebrate us and that was a really awesome feeling to just take it all in.

Sorry, I could not just name one!

Anniversary
    I promise you won't regret it. All the people say that it takes away from the moment when you start walking down the aisle for the ceremony...it didn't for us at all. My H was as weepy as ever and really it was kind of like we had a secret no one else in the room knew about.
    Totally agree!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• There is so much I am looking forward to.  FI finally seeing the dress ( ack I got a phone call today that it came in, much earlier than I expected too!) and our cake tasting and cake.  All of our loved ones being in the same place!

Anniversary

• I'm looking forward to going to the hotel or wherever after just the two of us! We so rarely get to spend time alone together with both of us working 70+ hours a week; so this will be incredible!
  • Hats! I'm English, FI is American and we're getting married in my church back home, where it is traditional for the ladies to wear hats. The Americans flying in are hugely excited about this and I keep getting updates on their quests to find suitable hats. The English have seen this as a challenge and I'm also getting updates from them. We're thinking about giving out a prize for the best hat :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards