Moms and Maids

Future Monster In-Law

2»

Re: Future Monster In-Law

• New update. FMIL started texting FI and I wanting to see a picture of the color of the bridesmaid dresses. The problem is I don't have a picture I've never seen the dress in the actual color we picked I've only seen a 1 inch by 1 inch swatch that won't even match the actual color because it's 2 different types of cloth layered on top of each other to create the color (if that makes sense). Anyways I told FMIL that the dresses are going to be a royal blue type color but that we have asked the mothers to wear purple to match the flowers. FMIL keeps insisting she needs to see the exact color of blue because purple can clash with blue (I'm sorry if i remember my 4th grade art class aren't purple and blue complimentary colors?) So FMIL gets all mad because she thinks I'm purposefully not showing her the dresses even though I offered to send a picture of the flowers so she can see the shades of blue and purple they have. I even sent her a picture of my moms dress so she could see the shade of purple my mom purchased, although I don't care if they have matching shades of purple. She ignored my offer to send a picture of the flowers so I tried again and asked if she would like to go shopping with FI and I for her dress since she seemed concerned about choosing the right color and it would make things easier on her and be fun. She ignored that message too. I heard through the grapevine that a week later she went and bought a dress on her own. 

6 months left until my wedding and I wish it was over. Everything just turns into a fight with her even when I'm trying to be nice.
  • New update. FMIL started texting FI and I wanting to see a picture of the color of the bridesmaid dresses. The problem is I don't have a picture I've never seen the dress in the actual color we picked I've only seen a 1 inch by 1 inch swatch that won't even match the actual color because it's 2 different types of cloth layered on top of each other to create the color (if that makes sense). Anyways I told FMIL that the dresses are going to be a royal blue type color but that we have asked the mothers to wear purple to match the flowers. FMIL keeps insisting she needs to see the exact color of blue because purple can clash with blue (I'm sorry if i remember my 4th grade art class aren't purple and blue complimentary colors?) So FMIL gets all mad because she thinks I'm purposefully not showing her the dresses even though I offered to send a picture of the flowers so she can see the shades of blue and purple they have. I even sent her a picture of my moms dress so she could see the shade of purple my mom purchased, although I don't care if they have matching shades of purple. She ignored my offer to send a picture of the flowers so I tried again and asked if she would like to go shopping with FI and I for her dress since she seemed concerned about choosing the right color and it would make things easier on her and be fun. She ignored that message too. I heard through the grapevine that a week later she went and bought a dress on her own. 

6 months left until my wedding and I wish it was over. Everything just turns into a fight with her even when I'm trying to be nice.
    Just FYI: Your Mother and FMIL are grown women and can wear whatever they want in whatever colour they choose to the wedding. I don't see the point in denying her the opportunity of seeing what colour you chose; at this point it just seems petty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • It was our decision we've seen other weddings do it and it looks great to have the whole group in coordinating colors, it makes the pictures look great and well put together. It's okay if you don't agree with it, but it's what my fiancé and I wanted and my mom thought it was a great idea and was happy to get a purple dress.
  • It was our decision we've seen other weddings do it and it looks great to have the whole group in coordinating colors, it makes the pictures look great and well put together. It's okay if you don't agree with it, but it's what my fiancé and I wanted and my mom thought it was a great idea and was happy to get a purple dress.
    So what?  Wanting the pictures to look great doesn't require anyone other than your bridesmaids to follow your dress code.  You just aren't entitled to control what anyone other than your attendants wear-and your FMIL is among those whose attire you aren't entitled to control.  There are more important things than what your photos look like.
    But the point is, it's not actually your decision. You don't get to dress grown adults who aren't in the WP. Your mother and FMIL are adults and can be trusted to dress themselves. If you're going to demand they wear certain colours, you need to buy those dresses for them. 

I've seen other weddings have cash bars, tiered receptions, dollar dances, and other breaches of etiquette -- doesn't make it any less rude or tacky.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Before you assume: we are paying not only for all the bridesmaid dress and shoes, groomsmen tuxes AND apparel for the moms and dad
  • Before you assume: we are paying not only for all the bridesmaid dress and shoes, groomsmen tuxes AND apparel for the moms and dad

Then fine. You're in the clear in terms of etiquette. That information would have been helpful to know at the outset.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • New update. FMIL started texting FI and I wanting to see a picture of the color of the bridesmaid dresses. The problem is I don't have a picture I've never seen the dress in the actual color we picked I've only seen a 1 inch by 1 inch swatch that won't even match the actual color because it's 2 different types of cloth layered on top of each other to create the color (if that makes sense). Anyways I told FMIL that the dresses are going to be a royal blue type color but that we have asked the mothers to wear purple to match the flowers. . .

It was our decision we've seen other weddings do it and it looks great to have the whole group in coordinating colors, it makes the pictures look great and well put together. It's okay if you don't agree with it, but it's what my fiancé and I wanted and my mom thought it was a great idea and was happy to get a purple dress.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2539fdddebd2b24636756a9f753ef779/tumblr_mzvzky2EFq1tqm119o6_500.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards