Nebraska

Getting married in Grand Island

Hi I'm Toni, My FI and I are planning a wedding for April 4th, 2014. It's a Friday wedding and we are planning on paying for everything out of pocket. I love this site for help in picking colors and such, however all the vendors listed are in Lincoln or Omaha! I would love it if anyone had any suggestions for vendors for anything from photographers to Djs to reception locations and if you knew about what they would charge that would be amazing and make you my favorite person :)

So far all I have "written in stone" for our planning is our budget of $10,000, our colors blue and green, and the date. I am open to suggestions and will love any help or advise.

Re: Getting married in Grand Island

• I'm afraid I don't really know anyone in Grand Island, but I have heard about Iris Photography Studios out there...don't know much about them but found them on weddingwire.
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com
  • edited December 2012
    I live in the Grand Island area, but our wedding was in Lincoln so I don't know a whole lot of vendors, but I can give you some names of places to check out:

Full Circle Venue, its located right next to Qdoba Mexican Grill
    The new Holiday Inn Express has a banquet room I believe, not sure on the size
    Balz Banquet Hall in downtown GI

HyVee does awesome Wedding Cakes, that is who did ours.  They also do catering and flowers too.  We booked our Cake and Floral with them, and they gave a 10 percent discount off the total bill for doing it.

I don't know much about DJ's and Photographers from this area, but if you looking for wedding decor ideas, I purchased a bunch of our decor at Hobby Lobby, you could check out their stuff, you might find some to go with your theme.

Also, Grand Island usually has a Bridal Fair at the Full Circle Venue in the springtime every year, so I would listen for advertisements for it after the first of the year.

Best wishes!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Wedding ceremony musician that travels to Grand Island for a reduced rate because she has family there: Jaime at NebraskaWeddingMusic.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards