June 2015 Weddings
Options

Yay! We have a board now!

I got engaged on Valentine's Day last year and have been waiting for this board and group to appear! Hello my fellow June '15 brides! How is your progress? Anything anyone wants to share or talk about?
June 6th here!

Re: Yay! We have a board now!

• Options
    Hello Silver Glitter,
    Congratulations on your engagement! We are getting married on June 20th. The venue is booked but that's about it so far. I am so excited to get to know our fellow June 2015 brides and hear all the wedding plans!
  • Options
    Yeah me too! I'm far ahead of the game, but have gotten some amazing deals because of it. I've booked venue, DJ, photographer and florist. Now I feel like it's all the little things...
  • Options
    Wow! You sure are ahead of the game! That is great that you got some deals by booking so soon. We have ideas of who we want as caterer,dj,and florist but still need to set up meetings to book them. What is your color scheme? We are thinking of sage green,gold and ivory with some butterfly accents.
  • Options
    Grey, Purple and Ivory are my colors but it's all very bohemian. The bridesmaid dresses are all different, my dress is very Boho and the ceremony is going to be outdoors :)
  • Options
    I like your idea for the color scheme! I'm loving gold tones right now and I think that'd make a great accent. I could see some tasteful butterflies being incorporated too! Do you guys have a "song" that you'll be dancing to?
  • Options
    We haven't started to look into the music yet. We just got engaged in December so we are in the very early stages of planning. Your color scheme sounds lovely. My neice is getting married this October and her colors are similar to yours. We are also having our ceremony outdoors if mother nature is kind to us. Being from the Boston area you never know what the weather will be like.
  • Options
    Hello! I too am a June 6th girl! I'm so happy you said you have so much booked SilverGlitter05, I was getting some weird responses when talking about booking things. But we have venue, dj, and photographer done. I was just excited to get a date so we could plan! Also I love both of your color schemes. Ours are dark purple, light green, and probably some silver :)
  • Options
    Hi ladies! June 13th here. We have our venue and band booked, and are putting the finishing touches on the photographer. We're having watermelon, raspberry, and coral with either gold or silver. I want gold, but my mother is shocked because I've never been a fan of gold and now for my wedding I'm going against the grain. Not sure what to do!!
  • Options
    @kp825 glad to see someone else books early too (must be the date of planners :)

@Llikotdesserd What about a rose gold? That would go with your pink hues and I obsessed with it at the moment (my engagement ring is rose gold). Might be slightly harder to find some things but I know Martha Stewart has a spray paint of rose gold... Just a thought!

What areas are you all from?
    I'm close to Cleveland, OH and it's been freezing! I'm concerned about the possibility of it raining on my outdoor wedding because the ceremony is in my aunt's backyard so there's not really a back up plan (except tents). What are you most worried about?
  • Options
    I'm in Milwaukee, WI... also freezing! Ours is outside too, so that's a bit of a worry as well, but our venue does have a backup location inside that will work nicely. My biggest worry at the moment though is how to entertain the guests between the ceremony and reception? Both are at the same location, but having food during a cocktail hour would get pricey. We have time to figure it out, but my fiance keeps freaking out about it. Hopefully we come up with something!
  • Options

I'm from Boston and we are getting married outdoors as well. Living here you never know what mother nature will spring on us. We can move the ceremony indoors but I'm really hoping for a beautiful day.

kpg25 can you maybe do a cheese and cracker tray during cocktail hour?  Also fruit is a nice addition and may not cost too much. People tend to socialize during that time so as long as it's only about an hour you should be ok. Congrats on your engagement! 

• Options
    @kp825 Can you bring in your own snacky foods for cocktail hour? We're doing popcorn and bottles of beer/ wine coolers and having lawn games in between but IDK how casual you want it to be.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! Congrats on your engagements !!! We have finally decided on a date June 6th. You guys have alot more planning done than we do. Kudos to you! We are having it back home on my patents farm in WI. So the venue part is doing good. We are just trying to find a ceremony site. The FI wants a church ceremony!

@Kp825 Could you have some games set up? Or even a list of interesting things to do in the area if its more than an hour in between. The last wedding i went to had a couple hours between ceremony and reception, and we checked into our hotel room and caught up with friends.... dont know if that helps....

It is all so exciting!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We're right next to a park, so I have brought up the idea of lawn games, but my fiance and parents think that's a bit too casual. I love the idea though. Maybe I can still convince them... we're pretty casual people! Unfortunately we can't bring in our own food, but I can look around the area and see if there are things for people to do. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I'm wishing for good weather for us all! Congrats everybody :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone! June 20th girl here! We are getting married outside like many of you in Columbus! 

Congrats to everyone! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello Llikotdesserd, ponyluvr, and felgeran and congratulations on your engagements! With all of us planning outdoor ceremonies it just has to be the driest June ever lol. I look forward to hearing all about everyone's weddings and sharing ideas.
  • Options
    As long as it is warmer than it is right now I will be happy! Winter has been long this year! :)

Is anyone planning from a distance? I live in MN but wedding is going to be 4 hours away in wi. Do you have any tips to make the planning easier?
  • Options
    My cousin planned hers from about the same distance. I saw yours is on your parents farm? Is there someone there helping with the planning? My cousin sent tons of pictures to her coordinator so she knew her vision. I would say communication is key and send/receive pictures of everything. Fortunately we all have a lot of time, so I'm sure it'll be amazing! :)
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I'm in Rochester, NY also freezing!!  I just got engaged on Valentine's Day.  But we already picked a date! June 6!! :) The venue we have in mind is an old bath house the city updated to hold events. There is an option to get married in the courtyard or on the beach.  Its so affordable and absolutely beautiful. Though they only book up to a year in advance so I need to wait until June. The bridesmaids dresses will be mint green and all the flowers will be pink. Since I only got engaged 2 days ago obviously nothing is set in stone. I'm so excited to start planning!!

photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello Mrand'MrsMongoose! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to our board. Your colors sound very pretty and I hope you get your venue.
    I am so ready for this winter to end.
  • Options
    @Kp825. Thanks for the tips!!! Will definitely try that.
  • Options
    One more June 6th bride! I'm from Green Bay, WI, and the temperature is above freezing for the first time in like 2 months so we're in the middle of a heat wave. Out door ceremony, and our colors are navy, gold, and ivory. :) I've got my venue and DJ booked, and we are meeting with photographers and florists very soon. I like having all the stressful stuff out of the way so that I can concentrate on the fun stuff! (I totally went dress shopping already. Just to try! I promise I'm not buying my dress until like, July. :) )
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wow June 6th is a popular one!!! I'm in the club :) hope the weather is good across the board!! I'm in Ontario, Canada and having an outdoor ceremony as well!! Our colors are lilac and eggplant with silver accents. I've been dress shopping once too haha, but not buying until August/September because I'm a new mom (my son is 4 months) and I still have some baby weight to lose :P. 
  • Options
    So excited for all the 6-6 brides!
    @HeatherKat Love your colors!! (my living room is decorated in them lol)
  • Options
    Hi all! 

I am a June 26th bride to be! I am doing a destination wedding in Rivera Maya, Mexico! 
    I am so excited to be on this board with all of you! I am from Philadelphia, PA.

So far we just have our day and time reserved at our resort :)
  • Options
    June 7 in NJ!  We have reserved our ceremony venue, reception space and minister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Our wedding date is June 13, 2015 and so far the only thing I have accomplished is our venue. I feel like that was the biggest obstacle though because without the venue and date I couldn't plan anything else. I feel like as soon as our venue was booked I had such a big weight off of my shoulders. We are so excited to get everything else going
    Good luck with planning everyone!!
  • Options
    @kmedeiros89
    Yes! The venue was the first and hardest thing I booked. Everything else seems to slowly fall into place after that.
  • Options
    Update for me: We now have our venue (already had), the Band for the reception (an AWESOME cover band), and are in the stages of booking our photographer! We're actually going to be flying our photographer in from Nashville (up to CT). She's a friend of my future sister in law (they met in college) and she does photography for Deadspin Magazine, American Songwriters Magazine etc. She does weddings, but not very frequently because Nashville is flooded with photographers. It's actually cheaper for us to pay to fly her in than it is to find someone in CT with the same level talent! (I hate CT, soooo expensive I want to cry sometimes, especially when wedding planning!)
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I feel like I have learned so much about you all already just by reading the last few posts. My Fiance and I just got engaged last month and finally chose a date, June 7th. I haven't seen any other Sunday Brides yet but I'm sure that will change as the year goes on. It seems I have a lot of commonalities to some of you other ladies. I am from Oshkosh, WI and it has been snowing here non-stop for weeks! I can't wait for spring!  We also decided on an outdoor wedding in the Future MIL's backyard/garden. I am hoping the weather cooperates because we do not have a backup plan. That is my number one concern....well I look forward to getting to know you all better as we wait, and wait, and wait for June 2015! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards