November 2015 Weddings

Anyone out there? haha :)

I'm getting married on November 14, 2015. Can't wait to find other month/date buddies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone out there? haha :)

• November 7, 2015 here :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome!! How has your planning been going?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 6 2015!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 18, 2015 right here ladies!!!!
  • I am November 7, 2015...I am so glad I am not the only 1 planning so far in advanced!  How is everyones planning going?
  • @jennkurtz

We're getting married in NJ and things book up super quickly here, so we have our venue, photographer and wedding planner booked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Callalily25 I know!  I have pretty much all the big stuff booked already!  Things were already getting jammed packed for 2015 when I started looking around.  Where are you getting married?

I am also working with a planner but just for the last few weeks and day of.  
  • @jennkurtz

We're getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.

What about you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @CallaLily25 We are having a joint Catholic/Jewish ceremony at St. John the Apostle Parish in Clark and the reception is at Primavera Regency in Stirling.  I have heard Park Savoy is an amazing venue!

• @jennkurtz My wedding planner is Jenny Orsini too!!!

And I'm going to Kleinfeld on February 22!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in Las Vegas, and just started looking. Went to my first bridal open house today, and it was a complete bore. Location was nothing what I was expecting it to be. I have another bridal show in a few weeks, and I am hoping that one is better.
  • Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014

I am going to Kleinfelds really just for the experience and to make my make my mom happy.  I saw a picture of an Allure gown that I am in love with that they do not carry so I have an appoint ment on the 15th to try that gown on.  I am hoping that I do not hate it in person.

I might end up right back at Kleinfelds!

• I don't know about you ladies, but my fiance and I are both paying for our wedding, and that seems to be what is stressing me out the most right now. My family doesn't have a lot of money to spare on our wedding even though that is all they want to do, and my fiance won't ask his dad for any financial support because he paid for his sister's wedding 2 years ago.

How are you all holding up under all the pressure of having an amazing wedding day without all of your hair falling out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @esthergreene9 We are paying for ours as well.  My family is giving what they can and his parents are giving us $1,000 towards the rehearsal dinner but 99% of the wedding we are paying for.  I am trying not to stress too much.  Much like your FI, my brother got married last May and my sister is getting married in August so my parents are giving what they can for all of us...but I feel bad even taking it.  

We have put ourselves on  budget and are putting a certain amount into a separate wedding bank account every month so that we have enough saved by the wedding to pay all in cash.

1 of the reasons we decided to wait 22 months to get married was so that we would have an extra year to save.  Also, I have booked all of the large ticket items (Reception Venue, DJ, Photographer, Videographer, Church/Officiants and flowers) already so that I have the exact figures so I know what I will be looking at to pay for.  That has actually made me a lot less stressed because instead of saying it is going to be around this $$ I have actual figures.  I am trying to have fun with it and not think about the stressful stuff yet.  :-)

Have you booked anything yet?

We should all stay in touch and keep each other sane...live a November 2015 support group LOL
  • We have booked our Wedding Ceremony/Space (same hotel), possibly a photographer, possibly a DJ, and I am planning on doing a LOT of DIY (paper flowers, accessories, centerpieces etc.) to save a ton of money. I have been trying to get a hold of a cake shop that will meet with me so soon in advanced! I told them I just want to try some cakes and see if that have anything I like, but unfortunately they don't want to book so far in advanced because of unforeseen things. I told them I (like you) want to get my numbers figured out now so I know how to save.

I just want all of my other items needed to get their business together and meet with me. :\

We also started our own wedding account to keep it separate from everything else, and our putting away each month. We will be over our budget by our wedding with some cushion that I am very thankful for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @esthergreene9 Also check etsy...there are a lot of really great shops with awesome wedding stuff for really reasonable prices.

Where are you having your wedding?  I can give you recommendations for other vendors if you want.  They are all pretty reasonable and very responsive.
  • @jennkurtz

We are having our wedding at the Holiday Inn Bloomington-I35 in Minnesota. I would love a decently priced bakery for sure! That is my only current struggle right now and it is making me a little crazy. lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in NJ but actually have family in MN so I will ask them if they can recommend anyone.
  • @jennkurtz

That would be amazing! Thank you so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have any of you beautiful brides to be gone dress shopping yet? I'm DYING to go, but A) am on a workout regime to tighten the loose, and B) don't know what I'll like in a year from now 

I just want to go and try dresses on. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @esthergreene9 I have actually tried on and purchased my gown.  It takes 8-10 months for the gown to even be delivered to the store and then they are going to dtore it for me for 5 months until I have to get it altered.  I got a very classic gown and I cried when I put it on so I know I am still going to love it in 1 year or even 5!
  • @jennykurtz congrats on the purchase!! :) I have been looking at different places for gowns and want to buy it from a local consignment store, because why not! I guess I can start to talk myself into going once I get a couple more dollars saved up! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @esthergreene9 it was definitely a big purchase.  I tried like 15 gowns on and ended up getting the first 1 I had on.  I never thought I would be that girl that knew the minute I put a gown on but I totally was.  I am normally totally indecisive but the minute I saw myself in the mirror I knew it was the 1.
  • November 21st, 2015  here! I actually looked at dresses yesterday, my coworker put an appointment together for me! We just decided on a date actually, we were going to do something in 2016, but decided on 11/21/15
  • I'm getting married on November 7, 2015!!!

That was going to be my question for you ladies, is it too early to start dress shopping? Did anyone go to multiple stores?
  • @Kpopp16 I am getting married on November 7 as well.  I already purchased my dress.  It is going to take 6-8 months for it to come in and then I am just going to hang it in my mothers closet until I need to get it altered 3 months before the wedding.

I was lucky and actually only had to go to 1 store.  I tried on about 15 dresses but ended up with the first 1 I tried on.  I never thought I would be 1 of those women that try on a dress and just know but I totally did.  I started crying and knew the moment I looked in the mirror it was the 1!

I am in Northern NJ and things get booked super quick so I have most of my big stuff booked...so I am happy to say that I can relax a little for a few months.  LOL

How is planning going for you?
  • We have the same exact wedding date! 11/14/2015  Internet high-five and congratulations!
  • Friday November 13, 2015 here!  We just decided on our date. I have a thing for numbers so 11.13.15 seemed perfect.  :)

• We changed our date to 11/21. Saturday works better for our wedding than a Friday and I wanted to get married before Thanksgiving so we decided to go with the 21st.
  • Hello all

Nov 7, 2015 here :) And am glad to find some others who are also already into the heavy duty planning!

My FI and I are also mostly paying for our own wedding - or at least the first of our weddings.  He is from India and so we will be holding a second ceremony in India after our wedding at home.  Luckily, we only have to pay to get to that wedding, as his family will take care of the rest.  So over the next 15 months I shall be DIYing a lot of things.

We meet with our potential photographer tonight - which I am super excited and super nervous about at the same time.  This is the first official meeting with one of the 'big ticket' people and I think its making things a whole bunch more real.  

Glad to meet those of you already here - and can't wait to see who else joins us along the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards