Chit Chat

Show me your rings?

Re: Show me your rings?

• My ring is an opal surrounded by diamonds. I have no idea the specs - it's a ring my FI's dad made for FI's mom. I adore it.

Woot woot for another opal!

Anniversary
  • Here's mine! Not sure why the picture is sideways :/
  • I love all the different stones and settings!  Some are so unique!  My ring is princess cut with pave setting, diamonds on the band.  Still picking out my wedding band, can't decide if I want to match or not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for August babies!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I cant wait until April so I can wear both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I actually don't like knowing the specs on my ring, but if have all the paperwork from when I got it insured... I have never been asked nor do I share the information. So tacky. Mine is a round brilliant cut solitaire. I think that's what it's called. Ha. To me it's just beautiful and timeless in its simplicity :) it's on a platinum band, four prongs that FI apparently made sure were like extra heavy duty strength (I'm a teacher and I ride horses so he figured I would be a little rough on it.) On a related note... Weddings bands. I'm weird about things being symmetrical and even, is it strange to get a band for both sides? More common just to get one and maybe a second for anniversary? Hmm..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everyone is sporting some fabulous jewelry!
    I love my cushion cut and the unique cutout band.  FI did a darn good job!
  • I don't have a good picture or a way to take one right now.

My engagement right is a gold band with nine round diamonds flush set (upon googling, I realize it's actually called channel set) into the band. I wear a hammered gold wedding band along with it.  My engagement ring is very non-traditional, more like a wedding band actually, but I love that, and when he asked what I wanted, I specifically told him something that didn't stick up or get in the way.

It looks very similar to this except this ring looks really really chunky. H told me what kind of diamonds there were and what the weight was and everything, but I honestly don't remember.

• tcnoble said:
    I actually don't like knowing the specs on my ring, but if have all the paperwork from when I got it insured... I have never been asked nor do I share the information. So tacky. Mine is a round brilliant cut solitaire. I think that's what it's called. Ha. To me it's just beautiful and timeless in its simplicity :) it's on a platinum band, four prongs that FI apparently made sure were like extra heavy duty strength (I'm a teacher and I ride horses so he figured I would be a little rough on it.) On a related note... Weddings bands. I'm weird about things being symmetrical and even, is it strange to get a band for both sides? More common just to get one and maybe a second for anniversary? Hmm..
    @tcnoble I have one or two friends with double bands and it looks pretty-- LOTS of bling.  It did seems a little confusing the first time I saw it though, I was wondering if there was a purpose behind the two rings and which one (or both?) they used during the ceremony.  But I see it a lot on the subway and I think it's pretty common.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Wedding band fits in between the two bands.
  • I'm trying to get my ring to post my ring is 14ct white gold the center diamond is .97 carats color E and VVS2. It has two smaller diamonds on the side and the band has pave diamonds  in the band.  I love it so much.  I know how much the ring appraised for since I was on the phone when we had it insured through our home insurance.  I'm trying to post a pic I will add one on tomorrow.

Anniversary

• This is what I have at the moment:

It's actually a mens ring, but it was the only "stock" ring that fit me. It's stainless steel, and it used to have a diamante type thing, but that fell out. We replaced it once, but it just fell out again, so now it has a nail jewel set in clear nail polish instead - mostly just to stop stuff from getting caught on/stuck in the setting. It was only $2, so I'm not too worried.

We have ordered a custom ring for me, but with FI's car most likely needing a completely new engine, we've put that order on hold for now. I don't even really feel like I need a ring, but FI wants me to have one so everyone knows I'm taken.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />this is mine

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

ring.jpg 114.8K
  • My ring picture is in my siggy.  The diamond is from his great-grandmother's engagement ring and there are blue sapphires on the band.  The wedding band is also blue sapphires.
    Anniversary

• This is mine! Princes cut with a halo. It is also squared on the bottom to be flush with my finger. I work in parks and rec so it had to be sturdy. My FI had it custom made and I would never ask the specs about it and i don't care. All I know is how much I love it!

• Love my E-ring and it comes in set with the wedding band!

• @JaniV123 love the Medalla bottle in the pic!
  • @bmorebride6  your rose gold ring may be my favorite of all of them.  It is beautiful!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • aw @AprilH81 thank you!  I would have never chosen a pear shape for myself but now I'm so happy it is that shape!  It turned out perfect and it has so much meaning to my family. 
  • @prettybirdy27, I love how they sit together!  our jeweler did my wedding band in rose gold without any surcharge either which was awesome
  • Here are mine.  They are rose gold, which I adore.  I also love that on the e-ring, the main diamond is lifted so that the small diamonds make an uninterrupted line underneath it.  It's really hard to portray in pictures.  I have no idea the specs on it, but I adore it because I have never seen something quite like it.  Also, the designer let us customize it a lot - it originally came in white gold with a round diamond.  He cast it in rose gold with a square diamond for no extra charge.

Sorry they're sideways.

I love rose gold, too! I chose a rose gold half-eternity ring for my wedding band to complement the inner rose gold halo I have in my engagement ring. Rose gold is so pretty!

• Here is my ring.  H did a fabulous job!

• Here are mine.  They are rose gold, which I adore.  I also love that on the e-ring, the main diamond is lifted so that the small diamonds make an uninterrupted line underneath it.  It's really hard to portray in pictures.  I have no idea the specs on it, but I adore it because I have never seen something quite like it.  Also, the designer let us customize it a lot - it originally came in white gold with a round diamond.  He cast it in rose gold with a square diamond for no extra charge.

Sorry they're sideways.

Your rings are gorgeous.  I love rose gold and square stones!
  • My DH gave me an infinity necklace a year into our relationship and wanted the design for my E-ring. He went to a local jeweler and picked out the design, but it had to be custom ordered. The diamond he selected from the jeweler here in MD (where I'm from) and the band was custom made in NY (where DH is from.) I love that I carry a little piece of both of us.

I found a wedding band with a similar design. they go together perfectly. Been wearing both now for 4 months and I still can't stop staring at them :)

• I love the opal rings, I want one someday. Here's mine, I don't have it right now though because it's getting resized :(
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I have a scalloped band with a round solitaire. I LOVE everything scalloped! My dress and veil have scalloped-lace edging. Speaking of my veil, I decided on a final lace design! What do you think? (the veil is 11ft long so the lace appliques will be on the floor after the train of my dress)

image   image   image

• I'm trying again, now that I'm at a regular computer. FI and I designed my ring, with diamonds given to us from his mother, who had gotten them from his grandfathers longtime girlfriend and were in super fancy earrings. I won't be doing a wedding band.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards