Attire & Accessories Forum

Review of For Her and For Him - Online Bridal Attire Manufacturer

2»

Re: Review of For Her and For Him - Online Bridal Attire Manufacturer

• And quite a few of the real weddings were featured on big wedding blogs, like Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, Love My Dress, etc. You can find For Her and For Him listed as the supplier for the bridesmaid dresses.
    See here: http://www.forherandforhim.com/blog/fhfh-real-weddings-featured-on-blogs/

There might be bad Chinese sellers that sell counterfeit/"copied" gowns illegally, but for me, For Her and For Him is a very responsible, trustworthy company that provides beautiful bridesmaid dresses at very affordable prices. Their customer service was amazing too and they also got a US service number online. So again, I would highly recommend this company to every bride.

• I'm so glad to read that people have had good experiences. I'm planning to order my dress from fhafh. The dress is absolutely beautiful and they seem to have great customer service when I have asked questions so far.
  • Has anyone ordered their actual wedding dress from this site and how did it turn out? So far they have answered all of my questions promptly and professionally
  • Sophie LangSophie Lang member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013

I ordered my wedding dress and also 4 bridesmaid dresses from For Her and For Him and they all turned out perfectly!

My bridesmaids received their dresses earlier and they were all very happy with their dresses. We had all the dresses custom fit and the dresses fit the girls perfectly, no need for any alternations! It is amazing because we took the measurements ourselves following their very easy measuring guide! 

My wedding dress came about 2 weeks later. When I picked up my wedding dress at DHL I was a little frazzled at first because the dress was in a small box, nice package though. Even the CSR at the counter said shouldn't a wedding dress come a larger box. Well I said yes. I went home and videoed taped myself showing me opening my small box, praying and crying that my dress would be so beautiful when I opened it. When I did open the box and took out my dress; I was extremely happy that such a large dress was so beautiful and fit me as well. The dress is very well sewn and I would have paid $2000 for such a gown in a brick and mortar bridal shop! My mom used to be a tailor and even she was very impressed over the quality of the dress! Both my mom and I cried when I tried on the dress, it was just sooooo beautiful!

Just thought I'd share a handful of photos from my wedding in August! Enjoy!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Sophie LangSophie Lang member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Didn't realize that I uploaded so many photos, ha! Hope you guys like them! 
  • DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!

This is the worse place to deal when it comes to bridesmaids dresses. First, in case you don't know they are based in China. We ordered the dresses and they came in over 2 weeks late after calling and begging them to let me know what was going on with the order. Then NONE of the dresses fit! Even after we gave them the specific sizes. So all the dresses had to be altered, costing us even MORE money. Horrible company to work with. They are suppose to give us a partial refund, but I'm not holding my breathe!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! It's not worth the stress!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND!
  • i recomend brides scout out sample sales and look at discontinued dresses that salons have still in stock you can get them at a discount. also looking at bridal consignment shops that sell designer samples is another route to go you can also hit up davids bridal and alfred angelo

i would never recommend buying anything from them your wedding is the one day you get to play dress up with your bridesmaids and look your best. you wouldnt want to wear some cheep looking knockoff and everyone at the wedding remember your horrid dress
  • Wondering about the 4 her and 4 him dresses myself... anyone else have luck with them and have pics? Thanks!
  • AimeeAimee, didn't see the pics you said were posted :(
  • Prada, Coach, Burberry, Armani, Mulberry...the list goes on. They are all made in China!

We purchased dresses from FHAFH and they needed a little alteration but they were fine

• most wedding gowns by designers are made in china but the shop they are made in   have the exclusive rights to the patterns of the dresses. these copy cat sites dont they just have stolen photos which they try there best to re create into the same dress but it is never the same dress. nor is it the same fabric
  • We absolutely love the lace dresses ordered from For Her and For Him, they turned out perfectly at the wedding! Received tons of compliments!!! Here are some pictures of the dresses from my January 4th wedding at the United States Naval Academy. Courtesy of Krista Jones Photography. 

The quality of the lace fabric is fantastic, all the dresses were very well made and fit my girls perfectly! I would easily pay twice the money in a bridal salon for such dresses! Their customer service is amazing too, all my numerous emails were answered very quickly and professionally. So lucky that we found For Her and For Him! 

Here're some photos from my wedding. :)imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • DO NOT use For Her and For Him.

I called two days ago to inquire about the 4 bridesmaids dresses I ordered and just got an e-mail saying, "I am sorry that you order is delayed due to the fabric you chose was out of stock for around 2 weeks. We are now tailoring your dresses. They should be ready in 7-9 days".

Before placing my order I spoke to and e-mailed Tom and Emma at For Her and For Him to ensure that my order would be filled without complications. They assured me that there would be no problem. Yeah right!!!!

They will not call/ e-mail you to inform you of a fabric shortage, you will find out about it when your dresses don't show up on the promised date. They don't even bother to return your call in an effort to resolve the problem.

The customer help number they list on their website only reaches a person who takes messages. Might as well be an answering machine as this person has no way of even checking the status of an order.

Don't do it!!! I REGRET trusting this company to deliver. 
  • I ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses from them. Because they had poor reviews I called and e-mailed them before placing my order. I wanted to ensure the measurement would be interpreted correctly (they don't specify cm/inches) and I wanted to make sure that they would provide quality after sale services.

I inquired about the progress of my dresses 3 days before they are scheduled to be delivered and received a response by e-mail that, "due to a 2 week shortage in fabric my dresses will not be ready for an additional 10 days", that excludes shipping.

Once they have your money good luck getting them to call you or deliver.  Don't Do IT!!!! 
  • @shrekspeare thanks! looking into it
  • @knotposha I actually looked at the site and all three "brides" that posted rave reviews are on the fir him for her site listed as "real weddings" and they are also used in their promo photos
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    @knotporscha i went on the website and the company says they are based out of ny but started in california the spelling on the the website is really good english. although i wouldnt order from them they could be a ligit place but just bad clothing

also none of the photos look like stolen photos and they have dresses as high as 600 dollars http://www.forherandforhim.com/bridesmaid-dresses-2014.html#.UyH7Zs6f1kg
  • I just received my dresses from for her and for him, I have to say I was very nervous,I ordered 6 bridesmaid dresses, 2 in each color, they took 2 months to make, within the time they provided me. I emailed back and forth with them and they always answered my questions promptly. We ordered custom sized dresses, they can in nice packaging and weren't too badly wrinkled. I tried on the bridesmaid dress in light blue, which is for one of the girls out of town that had the closest measurements to mine and it fit like a glove, the other two girls dresses need to be taken in at the waist and sides due to them loosing weight since their measurements were taken 2 months ago, I ordered fabric swatches before purchasing the dresses and thr swatches are identical to the color of the dresses. This isn't a spam message you can look me up on facebook brittanne Meers, I'll post more pictures after my wedding on July 5.
  • We ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses last Oct for an April wedding to allow plenty of time in case they were a flop fro an Australian wedding. We knew that even though it looked like they were a Calif company the dresses were from China ( it does not take too many brains to work that out).
    The dresses were all custom sizes and in two different styles...and were PERFECT! They all needed to be taken up however the length reflected the style in the pics so that was not an issue. They even questioned the measurements of one of the dresses as they picked up that it was an unusually long length but was for a very tall girl so it was spot on. This impressed me as I sew myself.
    From our experience we were more than happy with everything about our purchase and would def recommend this company, and in fact are in the process of using them again!
  • Words cannot explain the nightmare I am currently in with For Her and For Him. The dress I ordered was this oneimage, unfortunately I cannot figure out how to include my own pictures. The color we ordered was "barely pink" 

Here's my story:

I found the FHFH website when looking for bridesmaids dress styles and ideas. I thought it was a pretty reputable website judging on their Real Weddings pictures and testimonials. I figured, if there are THAT many real weddings and pictures then it can't be that bad of a website to order from right?

Step 1: Ordering (Ordered the dresses by April 9th)
    I had my 7 bridesmaids order their dresses, submit their custom measurements, and the sales manager (at the time), Emma was extremely responsive in replying to my questions. She even extended the group sale date for my bridesmaids and created a custom discount code so that they could all order their dresses on their own and have it shipped to their appropriate mailing addresses (three of my bridesmaids live in different states). Emma assured me that even though all the BMs were ordering their own dresses that I could submit their confirmation numbers and she would ensure the dresses are all made from the same dye-lot so they would be the same color. I did as asked and submitted all the confirmation numbers to ensure the dresses would be the same color.

Summary: ordering was easy, customer service was very accommodating, overall, good experience

Step 2: Receiving the Dresses  
    The first one to receive her dress was my maid of honor, thankfully she lives very close to me so I was able to see it on her. DISASTER! The chest was literally 2.5 inches too large, the slit did not match up so that the two slip under layers would show through the upper chiffon layer, the dress was just too large.

A week later, another bridesmaid received her dress…DISASTER! Her dress would not zip up for a good 4 inches. The arm hole was way too tight, same problem with the slip showing through the side slit so it looks bad when you walk. 

Over the next two weeks, three more bridesmaids received their dresses, theirs fit relatively better, a few had an arm hole that was too tight, and all have the same problem of the built in slip showing through the side slit.

I proceded to email FHFH about the dresses not fitting, they responded saying:

Since our dresses are all hand made and made to order, it's relatively strict for return and exchange process. We have to prove to the company that it was us who made the colour/size wrong to apply for a full refund or free exchange.

So could you please help me to:

1. take a picture to show your Bust and Waist Measurements with a tape 

2. take a anther picture to show how the dress doesn't fit or damaged

Could you please also list the name and order number for each unfitted dress? So I know which is which and whose dress doesn't fit.

Not a bad response, but considering it took about 3 months to receive the dresses and the wedding is less than 2 months away, I was worried getting a refund or exchanging the dresses would take too long. What if not all of the bridesmaids can get a refund, then some will be stuck with a dress and some will have to get new ones? Sounded like a lot of work and very risky...

Summary: fit was TERRIBLE…so much for "customized". Quality of dresses was mediocre, I like that the slip was 2 layers so it's not as see-through, the pleating in the bust/chest area was well done, but the slip was poorly made. The slip was two layers and in some of the dresses they were sown together (as they should be) and in some of the dresses they were not. So, quality is NOT consistent.

Step 3: The Switch
    Lucky for me (or rather unlucky since this opened a can of worms). The two bridesmaids whose dresses did not fit AT ALL, live relatively close to each other (two hours apart). So, I drove two hours to bring my maid of honor's dress to my other bridesmaid's house. And, surprise! The dresses had been swapped, my bridesmaid fit my maid of honor's dress! FHFH is lucky that I was able to make this discovery, if it had been swapped with my other bridesmaids living in other states we would have never found out! Well…that was a phew! moment…only that we then discovered that the two dresses were different shades of pink!! One was a light/blush pink, the other was a true pink definitely darker and noticeable in photographs (we tested it). 

I proceded to email FHFH about the colors being different and they have been exceptionally SLOW in responding to my emails, often taking 2+ business days to respond. Finally, a new person, Kelly, responded and she said:

I am sorry that I have just realized that all the bridesmaids have ordered separately and that's why the colours had a dye lot difference. To avoid the dye lot difference, we suggest the dresses ordered at the same time in the same order. So the tailors could make the dress together and dye together at once to avoid the dye lot difference. I am afraid that it could be really hard for me to apply the free exchange in this case. Also, we couldn't guarantee that the colour will be exactly same for the remake.

This was bothersome because: Emma the sales manager who I had been working with previously assured me that the bridesmaids can all order their dresses separately and I should just send in the confirmation numbers. I did send in all the confirmation numbers, Kelly seemed to have no knowledge of this, meaning my bridesmaids dresses were not all being dealt with as one group order

I also called their customer service line, the person was very friendly but was no help at all, they simply "documented" my issues with the dresses to "escalate the claim" and said that "someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible." ALL LIES. I know this because 1. no one contacted me, 2. when I called again on a different day, a different person picked up and told me the EXACT same thing about "escalating the claim" and "someone will contact me" 

I also asked if they have a different number I can call to talk to the sales manager (who I was corresponding with by email), they said they have no other number.

This disaster is still going on. My wedding is 55 days away. 

Summary: Of the 7 dresses ordered, 2 did not fit at all and we found out they had been shipped to the wrong person, 1 is a completely different color (enough to notice in photos), 2 have not even been received yet. The rest of the dresses fit relatively well (will still need alterations).

In conclusion, initially the ordering experience was good, after receiving the dresses the customer service response went way down, and right now we are at a standstill with no response from the company and one dress that is the wrong color and two dresses still on their way.

I'm not going to tell you to not order from FHFH, that's your choice, they seem to have a lot of happy customers…but just remember, you could be that ONE unlucky one, like I was. 

• We ordered our bridesmaid dresses from For Her and For Him and they turned out absolutely gorgeous! All the 8 dresses we ordered were very well made and I would have easily paid twice the money in the local shops! The color(pastel lilac) was perfect too, exactly the same as the color sample we ordered! We went for custom sizing for all the dresses, and only one dress turned out a little bit big, but easily altered. The rest of the dresses fit the girls perfectly! It was amazing because we just followed their online guide and measured each other ourselves. Our wedding was also featured on arizonabridemag.com, you guys can view the post below if you want to see more pictures!:)imageimageimageimage
  • I contacted their customer service line via that chat option... she told me that they weren't located in hong kong and that dresses would be shipped from New York. Shipping could be delayed if there is a customs inspection and kind of sketchy if they are saying one thing to one customer and something different to someone else
  • It's entirely possible that they ship to warehouse in New York that repackages and ships to customers to make the business seem more legit.
  • edited September 2014
    My girls wore dresses from For her and For Him and they all turned out perfectly. I can't see how this could be a chinese knockoff site honestly. I understand they ship from china, but this is a very large e-commerce site with consistent photography, lighting and real wedding photos. Companies like JJ's house do not have sites like this. Also the prices aren't awful....but they certainly aren't chinese knock off prices. I could have easily paid less at a bridal shop.

Either way my girls dresses turned out great and I would definitely order again :)

ETA - I actually out of curiosity just looked up the dress my girls wore by the name on google and found it on a ton of obvious knock off sites for less than half the price of for her and for him.
  • Hi Ladies,

I ordered some dresses from For Her For Him a while back and I was trying to contact them about returning/exchanging them but haven't been able to reach them through their website. There is no phone number listed, only their address in NY. I was planning to write a formal letter to them, and send it to their NY address, but I would like to try and contact them via phone or e-mail first if possible.

I sent two requests via the website to be contacted about my order and I still haven't received a reply. Does anyone have their contact info? Direct e-mail or phone number so I can get some info from them.

I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone can give me the scoop on how to contact them directly.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards