Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear Stomach,

Stahp. It's 10am and you're growling like it's 3pm and we haven't eaten. What is your deal?! 

No love,
Ollie

-----------------------------------------------

Dear BF,

Thanks for being so freaking amazing. I really wish we could have met sooner. You are such a blessing to me and the girls. I'm so blessed to have you.

Lots of Love,
Your GF

Dear State of Floida - Department of Revenue,

YOU SUCK! You're such a pain in the ass. Why can't you get your shit together and issue child support payments like you're supposed to? Seriously, we're still 4 payments behind, and the ball's in your court. 

No love for your stupidity...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: OLW

• Dear Body Fat Test,

I'm glad we made some changes...unfortunately I won't be doing you again in 30 days so I hope I keep on improving instead of not paying attention to anything.

Dear future house/future puppy,

I want you now!

Sincerely,

Impatient

Dear upcoming vacations,

I'm so excited about you! I need to get in the sun and relax yo!

• Dear brain / body / whatever stops sleep,

Knock. It. Off. I need sleep.

Stitches
    ---
    Dear reactor,

Why mass balance still no close? I only have until May to get the real data.

No love,
    Stitches
    ---
    Dear BF,

I'm so glad we're back on the right track for us. Sharing my life with you so far has been indescribable. Looking forward to the next years!

Love,
    GF
    ---
    Dear orange disk in the sky,

More heat providing please? I know today is supposed to be the last day until, oh, April or so, but can you prove the forecasters wrong?

Love,
    Momentary sun worshipper
  • Dear Self, 

I'm pretty sure this is the most consistent you've ever been with working out. KEEP IT UP! 

Dear Work,

WOOOOO! BONUS AND A RAISE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dear H,

Please, please, PLEASE can I plan our anniversary trip already?! I realize the world is a big place but we don't have an indefinite amount of money or time off work so that really helps to narrow it down. Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

• Dear NEY,

Totally forgot it was Wednesday!!!!

Love all you ladies, you make my days so much better!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

-------------------------------------------

@brisox81,

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! We miss you guys so so much. The house is so quiet without everyone here having fun and playing CAH. FI is totally on-board with a g2g at our house this summer, so be prepared (same goes to you to @swazzle, @sakalicious, @csousa1, anyone else who's interested).

<3,

buddy

-----------------------------------

Dear FI,

Thank you for being such an awesome guy. I love that I have a FI that all of my friends like. You're the best. Thanks for snowblowing the driveway late last night, cleaning out my car, turning the car around so I didn't have to back out of the driveway AND warming up my car this morning. Seriously, you're the best. Can't wait to be Mrs. K!

xoxoxoxoxo,

Me

----------------------------------

Dear Mom,

A month from now we'll be in London. Holy shit. I'm getting excited. Tomorrow is your birthday, I can't believe how awesome you are. You run circles around women half your age. You've been my best friend through thick and thin and I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!

Love,

Your favorite (only) daughter

----------------------------------------------

Dear FMIL,

No, I will not get pregnant before the wedding, JFC calm your tits.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Dear summer vacation house,
    Please magically appear at a decent rate for the week we want. Yes, I realize it's a holiday week.

Love,
    Wants to show DH a good time

=====

Dear gfs,
    You'll be on your way tomorrow! I can't wait for this weekend!

Love,
    Lonely girl in MD

=====

Dear bladder,
    Ok ok, I hear you, I'll go pee now.

Love,
    Tiger
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Swazzle YOU ROCK!!! How exciting! A bonus AND a raise?! AND working out consistently? You're on fire!

• @swazzle congrats on the bonus AND raise!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER! I'm coming to visit every weekend. 

@Ollie08 and @buddysmom80 - THANK YOUUUUUUU! My raise doesn't officially get approved until next month but I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and he says I'm good :)

• Dear H,

Ummm driving us home at 5 am in the snow and wind yesterday PLUS walking our dog to daycare today when it was pure ice on the sidewalk = what did I ever do before I met you?

Loving W

---------------------------------------------

Dear Housing Market,

Please let our house sell quickly....please.

Eager to Move

Dear Self,

When you weigh yourself on Saturday you only have yourself to blame.

Girl who ate nachos and didn't work out this weekend because we were traveling (excuses, excuses)

• Dear Boss,

I'm so sad about the way things are going at work.  How can you actually not show up to work for an entire WEEK, and then reply sparingly to emails…and most of your replies contain 90% snark?  How do you honestly believe that you can run a start up company when you are NEVER around, have no structure, cannot manage to show up to work consistently, refuse to give direction, get angry when people ask for clarity, and then accuse the ENTIRE office of doing nothing?

I see no growth for myself here because I see no growth for this company.  Because companies don't grow when there is zero leadership or direction.  So, I'm going to keep my head down, do whatever you ask, and look for another job.  I will not quit.  I will not put myself through the financial disarray I had last year.  But I want out.  Already.  And it's because of you.

No love,

Newest employee

P.S.  My coworkers feel the same way.  We are all looking for new opportunities.  

P.P.S.  I'm really upset that you showed up to work yesterday, for the first time in a WEEK, at 5pm, when we were supposed to leave at 5:30pm.  Then we all had to stay 2.5 hours LATE to accommodate you and the orders you barked at us…because you couldn't be bothered to show up on time.  We all have lives, and we make plans after work.  It's not fair that we all had to cancel our plans because of your poor time management skills.  I get it.  It's your name on the company, and you can show up whenever the hell you want.  But have some respect for our time.  The ONLY reason we all had to stay late was because YOU showed up late.

---

Dear Self,

I really hope you find the energy to start applying for new jobs soon.  This isn't gunna work.

Signed,
    How do I always find the nuts?

---

Dear DH,

I'm sorry we had to cancel date night last night because of my job.  And I'm sorry that I was too upset to put out.  And I'm sorry I ignored you and responded to work emails all night.  And I'm sorry I had to field calls from my hysterical coworkers all night.  And I'm sorry the light from my phone woke you up when I got called and emailed at 1am.

I now feel hypocritical for giving you shit about working overtime.

Love,

Wifey
    ---

Dear Brother,

I know that you were trying to help when you told me to "suck it up" about my work situation yesterday.  But it's unfair for you to compare our work situations.  I get that you have to deal with shit at your job too…but you get compensated very, very well to deal with that shit.  Roughly 10x what I make, actually.

Can you not?

Love,
    Sister who would literally amputate her own legs to make that kind of money
    ---

Dear Coworkers,

I finally FINALLY understand you now.  Sorry it took me so long to really see the whole picture.

Yours in this hell,

Shoes
    ---

Dear Bowels,

WTF did I eat that I've been farting my brains out for 3 days now?  There's only so long my coworker will be kind enough to not say anything.

No Love,

Hates a smelly office
  • @TwoDimes - That really sucks. I've been here for 7 years in July and haven't gotten a pay increase since September 2007 so it was very long overdue. 

• Dear Sleep,

I know I haven't seen much of you lately, and I know I won't for another week or so.  I really miss you

Sleep Deprived

Dear FI,

You are wonderful I love you.  I love that you want to give me the perfect wedding ring, and it's so tempting to just say let's do it.  I just feel guility about how expensive it is.  I'm trying to work on other solutions...

Love,

Your FI

Dear travel agent,

Please call me back now. Ready to confirm the details and put a payment down on our honeymoon! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Looking forward to this vacation!!!

Anniversary

• @Loves2Shop4Shoes - Crap!  I'm so sorry this job isn't working out for you.  Your boss sounds terrible! I've got my fingers crossed that you find something else soon. 
  • Dear bf,

Siriously, you're amazing. I am lucky to have you in my life. You are not overly mushy or overly emotional and I'm perfectly ok with that, it's the sweet little gestures or comments that just make my heart soar.

Also the comment about buying me boobies made me ecstatic. Yes, I am shallow about that. I don't care. I want bigger boobies.

Love,

Girl who is realizing that she may just be in love

Dear brother and fsil,

I love you both dearly, but FFS I don't like the wedding date you picked.... It does not make travel plans easy.... I will have no downtime between the wedding, flying out and working.... Gah.

Whatever, ill deal with it, but dammit lol.

Love,
    Girl that loves traveling and going home but the going back to work thing sucks

Dear mom,

Siriously?? I find out via fb that you're engaged?? Also, your known him less than a year!! You haven't even been divorced that long. Gah.

Confused daughter

Dear self,

You've been kicking butt with H at the gym- even if it at 5:30 in the morning! Keep it up!!!

Love,
    Feeling good about myself

Dear Ollie and blue,

G2G sometime soon, please??

I need NEY time!!

Love
    Irish
  • TwoDimes said:
    @loves2shop4shoes, that sounds like a terrible work environment! I'm sorry that you are having to go through that.
    Yeah.  And then Bossman decided that my coworker needed to go on a work trip.  She leaves tonight.  He told her at 5:30pm yesterday.  And now we're all scrambling to get everything together for it.
  • TwoDimes said:
    @loves2shop4shoes, that sounds like a terrible work environment! I'm sorry that you are having to go through that.
    Yeah.  And then Bossman decided that my coworker needed to go on a work trip.  She leaves tonight.  He told her at 5:30pm yesterday.  And now we're all scrambling to get everything together for it.
    Your boss sounds like an inconsiderate prick. I know you've had more than your fair share of job hunts over the past few years, but I don't think this is the right place for you. 

• @Peaseblossom55 - YAY for HM! Where are you guys going? Sorry if you've already told me/us, my brain is fried. 

• Ollie08 said:
    TwoDimes said:
    Your boss sounds like an inconsiderate prick. I know you've had more than your fair share of job hunts over the past few years, but I don't think this is the right place for you. 
    Yup.  And then he accuses us of doing nothing.  We have to submit daily productivity logs.

I must say, being micromanaged by a boss who is NEVER around is a new experience for me.
  • Ollie08 said:

TwoDimes said:

I agree with Ollie. Dude sounds like a mother feather dudebag. :(
  • @IrishDreamer - I agree, it's been way too damn long living in the same state and not having a g2g yet! We should fix that pronto! I think @Blue&amp;White is only like 30 minutes from me. 

• Ollie08 said:
    TwoDimes said:
    Yup.  And then he accuses us of doing nothing.  We have to submit daily productivity logs.

I must say, being micromanaged by a boss who is NEVER around is a new experience for me.
    This is an terrible place to be in (and I've been there).  I know job hunting is frustrating but there has to be something better out there for you.  Hugs.
  • Dear Boss,

WHAT the dick.

No Love,

Sousa

Dear @swazzle, @BriSox81@buddysmom80,

Is it March 14th yet?

Love,

Sous

• Ollie08 said:

@IrishDreamer - I agree, it's been way too damn long living in the same state and not having a g2g yet! We should fix that pronto! I think @Blue&amp;White is only like 30 minutes from me. 

Can we please be for making this happen??? My birthday is in may.... Just saying :)
  • @swazzle we are going to Belize for 10 days, spending some time by the beach and the other part in the interior to see Mayan ruins and go cave tubing ect.  I'm so excited and it's been on FI's bucket list to see the mayan ruins so I'm real excited for that!

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - What are you guys thinking of for your anniversary?  H and I haven't planned anything yet and our anniversary is like in a month and a half.  Ugh.  We have a lot going on right now but I do want to do something.
  • @csousa1 - 20 dayssssssssssssss!!!!!

@Peaseblossom55 - That sounds amazing!

@minskat30 - I'm pushing for Costa Rica but H hasn't given me any feedback on that idea. We didn't do a beachy HM so I want to be able to lay in the sun for a couple days on this trip. I also know that I'll be bored to death if I'm just laying on a beach for a week straight. Any ideas for you?

• Dear @swazzle,

Congrats on the bonus and the raise! What awesome news!
  • @swazzle thanks! I'm looking forward to it, it was between Costa Rica and Belize.  Belize was closer to the mayan ruins FI wanted to see.

Anniversary

• Dear BFF,

YAY! I got a room booked for the night of your wedding! Who would've thought rural North Georgia would be so darn busy and have next to nothing available. I hope our hotel is as nice as it seems...at least it's only 10 minutes from your venue.

I can't freaking wait to see you get married in a couple months!

Love, your LaLa

~~~

Dear FI,

I love it when you cuddle me all night...but oh jeez last night you turned in to a boa constrictor. I'm sorry I had to push you away but you were seriously suffocating me and about to push me over the edge of the bed and I just wanted some room.

I love you! FI

~~~

Dear Puppy,

Quit getting yourself in to trouble. I can't believe you actually managed to puncture your cornea yesterday because you decided you had to dive in to a bush after your ball. I'm really glad you should heal normally and I'm also glad the vet bill wasn't as bad as it could be. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not that the vet recognizes us and remembers your name whenever we walk in the door.

Love, your mommy

• @Swazzle - We are looking at Mexico but we did that for our HM so I feel like we are really boring.  H doesn't want to do a cruise though I think one would be fun.  I wouldn't mind doing a trip to Europe but we've both been to many places in Europe and I feel like our yearly trips to India are our cross-country ones we need to save up for (both money wise, vacation wise and patience wise).  We would love to do Hawaii but it is so freaking expensive. BTW, can you believe it has almost been a year? Time flies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards