Snarky Brides

Some sort of online forum "attack"

2»

Re: Some sort of online forum "attack"

• edited February 2014
    I don't understand why the word "attack" was used in the title. OP knew posting and deleting is not socially acceptable. Questioning why she did it doesn't quite fit the definition of attack.

Edited - clarity
  • You're being told not to delete posts because it's annoying. We go on this forum to read what people say, and it's a waste of time when people delete their posts.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Your actions = quoting what I said. It confirmed my choice because yet again I see that the command "do not delete posts" is more important than anything else. No one who responded acknowledged the reasons for which I deleted the posts, which were actually thought out. 

Actually, I did respond to the crux of your argument. Twice. You just chose not to respond in kind.
  • Somebody call the Wambulence for this bruised ego.
  • I already built the bridge for her to cry a river and get over it!
  • I didn't realize deleting posts was offensive. I am new to actively following the community part of this site, and I will take this into consideration in my dealings. 
    (I ranted about personal family issues, the next day I realized I should not have shared quite as much and I apologize)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I didn't realize deleting posts was offensive. I am new to actively following the community part of this site, and I will take this into consideration in my dealings. 
    (I ranted about personal family issues, the next day I realized I should not have shared quite as much and I apologize)
    I didn't know that either.
  • Don't let the door hit you :)

• ...wait, what?

"Avoid this community"?  The community that you're a member of, if nothing else?

I hope the "helpful guidance" you gave Flouncing Flo up there was to go join WeddingBee or WeddingWire. 
    She is not happy with the advice or guidance she is getting here. She feels attacked and upset. You think my advice should be for her to stay? I'm a member here because I can get what I need out of it without getting upset. Different folks have different needs. 

And I've never been on WeddingBee or WeddingWire's forums- so no. 
    The reason those were mentioned were because they are forums known to have members with extremely poor etiquette. Many people on the forums encourage ppds, cash bars, etc. And many people, after not finding their (usually rude) ideas validated here, run to those boards for validation and then complain about how rude the ladies in the knot are.
    I've not had bad experiences reading WeddingBee but I found myself on Wedding Wire and good lord almighty, some of the things people posted over there... "How much should I charge my guests for my bachelorette party I'm planning for myself? enough to cover my plane ticket right?" I thought I'd died and gone to hell. The Knot is by far the best about etiquette and manners and making everything clear up front with all the stickys. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards