Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

Re: Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

• @KeptInStitches - When do you feed your cat, morning or night.  Cats tend to sleep with a full belly - so if you're feeding only in the morning, maybe split the food into 2 feedings - 1 in AM and 1 in PM.  If you 'free feed' a certain amount, perhaps you could give your cat some wet food before going to bed?  The other thing you could try is to get some more/new toys for her to see if she'll play throughout the night.

Anniversary
  • Confession: I'm now thinking I maybe didn't play CAH with fun people? I only played it the one time... I was too quick to judge.

Still though. TUARCEATHA for Biggest Prude 2014

Confession: I check that I've got the correct spelling every single time I write my own screen name.

• @minskat30 - have you mentioned why you get the same thing every day?  maybe if he knew why, he'd shut up about it.  ?? 
  • Confession: I've never played CAH. I hear it's fun though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @FoxandBunny - neither have I. 

@Swazzle, @BriSox81, @Beanbot2002, @buddysmom80 and anyone else I'm forgetting, maybe you can teach me?!

• @Dignity100 - She cannot free-feed as she has no self-control. She gets fed (dry kibble) at night right before I go to bed (been her routine since she was a kitten). I think we're having multiple issues since I'm just starting to get over the insomnia I've had since the beginning of the year when I was sick and my sleep patterns got all fucked to hell. So she's expecting me to be up, not necessarily paying attention to her, but up. I don't know how to break that pattern without driving my neighbors insane. Plus she's always been a little nibbly (mostly with me, sometimes with BF, and always out of frustration). It's an alpha-cat issue.

BF and I are going to get a teaser toy tonight after work (Da Bird or something similar) to try for more interactive play. I don't know if she's bored with everything - she's not even interested in her laser pointer and that's usually her favorite toy. We also need to break her of the thought pattern that every time we get up we're feeding her - BF was working with her on that last night, and I'm going to start working that tonight.
  • Ollie08 said:
    @FoxandBunny - neither have I. 

@Swazzle, @BriSox81, @Beanbot2002, @buddysmom80 and anyone else I'm forgetting, maybe you can teach me?!
    There used to be a (fake) version online. 

Anyone remember where that was and if it still exists?

• Swazzle said:
    Ollie08 said:
    @FoxandBunny - neither have I. 

There used to be a (fake) version online. 

Anyone remember where that was and if it still exists?
    Wasn't it called "what do we call xyzzy" or something like that?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @KeptInStitches - One of my cats was doing this too (he still is) - his problem is mostly he wants attention.  He does not get along with my one dog so he 'sings the song of his people' to let me know he wants me to come to him.  I did pretty much the same thing as you're going to do (got da Bird and a couple other interactive toys) - some I 'tied' up around the house and I figured I'd play with 'da bird' and him when the dogs were outside to wear him out - I even had put catnip on the floor before going to bed - honestly the only thing that's worked has been ignoring him and let him get over it.  It's been about 2-3 months and it's gotten BETTER but still isn't perfect.  Had he not calmed down as much as he did next steps were going to be pheromone diffuser or trying 'Through a Cat's Ear' (I have 'Through a Dog's Ear' and it helped the dogs when they were having issues). 

Anniversary
  • minskat30 said:

Thanks @IrishDreamer.  I just encountered him again (early lunch) and he alternates between loudly exclaiming what I want for lunch with a "surprise, surprise" or rolling his eyes when I order.  I'd talk to the manager but, honestly, I'm worried about someone spitting in my food then.

Gah. That sucks.
  • Judgement: The brat that deleted her OP about dropping hints or something. Grow up. You have irritated me this morning.

Complaint: Going into early labor yesterday morning, only to have that shit stop as soon as the doctor walked in, start back up as soon as she walked out of the room, and then stop again when she walked back in. Then stopping completely around 10:30 last night. Seriosuly No-uh?? Seriously??

Confession: Doc told me this morning that No-Uh is measuring big. He thinks that by the time they do my c section that he's going to be at least 8 1/2 lbs. And I'm sad. Bean was just a little nugget at 6lb 14oz and I loved that itty bitty phase. I feel like I'm gonna miss out on that with No-Uh. I have this vision of this giant baby that looks like he's 6 months old as a newborn lol

Confession: I may be requesting all the sex tonight in an effort to get things going.

Judgement: I'm judging myself for eating Wendys yesterday (including a frosty) and then complaining that my glucose numbers were a little high today. Um. Hello asshole? You did it to yourself.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• BOOMSHOCKALOCKA!

COME PLAY CAH! 

(password is NEY)

• Confession: @swazzle just killed any hope I had for productivity today.

*******************************************************************************************

• @FoxandBunny, I totally get the horse fever. Try looking around for free leases/people that just need horses ridden. It definitely helps when you can't afford anything else.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CocoBellaF - I have.  I even explained it as "I can't eat gluten or get any in my food which is why even salads at the quick-food places usually make me sick and I can only really get X here" (the spinach/lettuce for salads is used in wraps and workers' gloves will cross-contaminate the batch).  He either doesn't get it, thinks I'm lying or he's just an idiot.  I'm going with the latter.
  • @Kait - That's a really good idea! I may try that.

Also, my productive value for the day has totally diminished as well thanks to @Swazzle.

• Complaint: I can't play because my work wifi sucks a big dick!!!!!!!

I'm trying again, idgaf!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @dignity100 - thanks for reminding me about feliway. I wouldn't normally push so hard, but I'm concerned about disturbing my neighbors. BF has reassured me that you really can't hear her meow even from the hallway, but it screws right to the center of my brain and I love her so much I can't stand the thought of losing her. Like irrationally can't stand it.

Plus she's due for her annual physical soon, so I'll be sure to mention it to the vet. I think this is mostly behavioral, but if there's a medical cause it would be good to identify it quickly.
  • geez, @minskat30.  I vote for idiot, too.
  • @Swazzle - I started a new book today during lunch.  so far it's really good, thought you might be interested in it.  "Someone Else's Love Story" by Joshilyn Jackson.
  • thanks @minskat30 and @cocobellaf. Today is just my womp,womp feel sorry for me day. I have plans to talk to BFF after her wedding, and I've already started putting my foot down on certain financial pieces. Only time will tell if my family will learn from their mistakes.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @Swazzle - I started a new book today during lunch.  so far it's really good, thought you might be interested in it.  "Someone Else's Love Story" by Joshilyn Jackson.
    Awesome! I will check it out!

• @CocoBellaF, :( I'm sorry baby year is getting pushed, but y'all are doing a good thing by getting debt out of the way first. *Hugs*

Confession: Ice cream is the only thing that makes my throat feel better right now, so that's all I'm eating. (OK, and maybe like some soup and stuff, but still. Just ice cream.)

Confession: I could totally be getting things done right now because I have over an hour until I have to be in the lab, but instead I'm here.

Confession: I've been sleeping wayyyyyy too much lately. Like, in actuality, it's probably balancing out last week when I got ZERO sleep, but it feels like I have wasted basically every day since Saturday because I'm going to bed so early. And instead of feeling refreshed, I just feel more tired and stressed from losing the study time.

Confession: Not being with C anymore has only made me slightly less BSC. Like, I value my own happiness and well-being more now, and I'm taking better care of myself than I have in ages because I don't have to take care of me AND him, but that's it. I still feel really strange and weird not being in a relationship, and I still freak out when I think about the possibility that I might never find somebody who's good for me and I'm good for back. And it hasn't even been four months yet. I don't even know...I just need to relax and let life happen. Everything else right now is going great and I'm otherwise happy; there's no reason for me to stress about this right now. Easier said than done.

Irrational Irritation: When you eat a cafeteria when you know six thousand other people are going to have to use a table/chair after you, the least you can do is CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! The housekeeping people are not your mother and shouldn't have to literally wipe up behind you, and neither should I.

Complaint: My throat hurts. I wanna go home and not have to baby-sit tonight after lab.
  • Confession:  After @severmilli12 posted 'Under The Dress' I'm now worried about how do you go to the bathroom in a bridal gown (besides 'very carefully').

YAY:  My Save The Date was created!!  Now I just have to wait for my T-shirt design then send them off to be printed.

Confession:  I don't want to work this week.  I want a vacation.  I'm just feeling tired and run down.

Complaint/Judgement:  Eeerr!!  I'm just tired of my brother - it seems as if he feels the world owes him EVERYTHING.  

Complaint:  I have a cold sore - I hate them!  I hate the 'negativity' that comes with them and how much they hurt and how ugly they are.  I've gotten cold sores since I was a toddler, they suck!

Confession:  I found a pair of shoes I LOVE for my wedding but don't think I'll be able to walk in them for long... but they're PRETTY (Link - in blue)

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - Those shoes are super cute! I would be worried about walking in them all day too though :)

• @dignity100 - I peed backwards all night, that worked the best for me.

LOVE those shoes!!!

• @bethsmiles & @Swazzle - I ordered the shoes!!  They were on clearance off of coloriffics site for $9.99 + $5.00 to ship (they list for $129.99)!  If I can't walk in them, I'm out $15.00 and at least I tried. 
    Confession:  I planned on bringing Crocs with me to actually 'walk' from location to location in and just wearing my heels when I have to (ceremony/pictures/dinner MAYBE the dessert party).

Anniversary
  • Confession: Thanks to my infusion Tuesday, I've slept until 3pm for the past two days and have been too exhausted to move most of the time. Today, I woke up at 3, uncovered my very angry parakeet and turned on lights for him and got his toys set up for him, and then promptly went back to sleep on the couch. I woke up at 5 when J called me.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Swazzle said:
    Confession (?)

I had two really weird dreams last night. 

1) I was with @audrewuh and her H at their house and her H was rooting for a different hockey team in the Olympics than @audrewuh and I were. I told him his team was going down and he told me to F off. 

2) I was at my desk at work and I farted really long and really loudly and just kept right on chatting on the phone and nobody seemed to notice. Like, it was TOTALLY normal to fart at work. 
    @swazzle you're probably just having a vision into the future. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards