Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

Re: Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @audrewuh - I hope not. I don't think my IRL-coworkers would be as approving of a loud ass fart as my dream-coworkers were. 

Edited for grammar

• @swazzle - should have clarified to mention #1 was probably prophetic. 

Oops. 

Speaking of, will we be in SC playoff mode when you're here in FORTY DAYS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I have more.

Irrational irritation: My mom is planning to get another dog. She has this exam she has to take for work, and then she is going to find an adult dog to adopt. I just can't even. I'm really worried that this is going to turn out exactly the same as the Maggie situation did. Her friend and a couple of our co-workers have all asked me about this, and they have the same concerns I do - she just isn't ready for the work and responsibility that comes with having a dog. Like, she's not an irresponsible person, but she's not that active, calm, firm person that can really take care of one; she really needs to take care of herself for a while first. I guess we'll see what happens...

Confession: I'm pretty sure I've been buying the wrong bra size most of my adult life. I got a strapless one to wear under my dress for my friend's wedding and tried a 34 instead of a 36 for kicks and giggles, and yikes. What have I been DOING all my life???

Confession: I've accomplished nothing today. Well, I mean, I did laundry and stuff, but that's it. No schoolwork. It's after noon!

Confession: I want a puppy and won't be in a place in life to get one for at least a year or two.

Confession: My spending habits have deteriorated to...a place I'm not proud of. I need to reign that shit IN, because this is just unacceptable. I have practically no expenses other than car/phone/groceries, and even though life is expensive, that doesn't quite equate to what I'm putting out every month. So yikes.

• @audrewuh - Nope, still regular season. I'm actually missing 2 Devils games when I'm there!

• @swazzle - Gah! Maybe we can load up @hummingbird125, @doubless007, and @elle1036, along with Hazel, and go to that hockey bar again. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • TwoDimes said:
    @swazzle, so when I read your post yesterday, I apparently skipped the part about it being a dream.

I totally thought the loud-slow-fart-while-on-the-phone thing actually happened!

I fail at reading lately.
    Bahahahahaha OMG I would have DIED if that happened IRL!

• @CLoGreenEyes I don't think it's an irrational irritation that you don't think your mom should adopt another dog. Adopting a puppy has its challenges (my family members, who have adopted PLENTY of puppies and adult dogs liken it to having a newborn baby), but adopting adult dogs is usually difficult for other reasons. Your mom had to return Maggie because she (your mom) was clearly not ready for the responsibilities that come with owning a dog, not because Maggie was a puppy. A lot of adult dogs who are up for adoption have issues that, unlike puppies, they're not going to grow out of very easily, and so it's just as likely your mom will find a dog that's overwhelming for her.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I don't 100% remember your mom's situation other than she got Maggie and Maggie was too much for her so she returned her.  IF she gets another dog, would you be able to get her signed up for training classes?  I highly recommend them because they help on so many levels - they help create a bond between dog and human; they help with trust issues a shelter/rescue dog may have; they help with confidence issues a shelter/rescue dog may have; they help establish boundaries; they help with socialization (human and other dogs) - the list goes on.

Anniversary
  • TwoDimes said:
    @swazzle, so when I read your post yesterday, I apparently skipped the part about it being a dream.

I totally thought the loud-slow-fart-while-on-the-phone thing actually happened!

Swear to god-I did the same thing. I even was thinking about how that could've happened IRL as I left the building last night.
  • @TwoDimes You are like the funniest person I've met lately. I know we haven't met-met, but, seriously, thanks for being awesome. And who does 45 degree door open angles? It sounds like that door needs to be all the way open at all times you both are sharing that space. And 100% volume, really? Does she not know how to adjust that?

• Complaint: I HATE when I text FI a long, detailed text message about something important and all I get back is: "KK".

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • TwoDimes said:

Me too until her response today!!!! I was like "Wow, @Swazzle's more bad ass than I give her credit for!"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Buddysmom80 - That made me LOL.  I send H long texts too and often get one word (or less) answers.  He says he laughs at my texts half the time because they are like reading a book.  What he doesn't understand is all the important information that goes into those texts keep us on time and on track most of the time.  :)
  • Confession: I'm feeling a little stabby right now. One of the admins came over and plopped a stack of papers on my desk (rude) because, heaven forbid, I left them sitting in the copy room for a few extra minutes. They're all jumbled and out of order now. And I seriously just want to go in the copy room and shuffle her papers like a deck of cards so she knows how I feel (of course I won't actually) because this is my biggest office pet peeve.

This concludes today's edition of irrational irritations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @buddysmom80 - "Kk" IS MY MOST HATED RESPONSE EVER. 

• Complaint: I HATE when I text FI a long, detailed text message about something important and all I get back is: "KK".

HATE THAT!!!!!
  • @TwoDimes and @tuarceatha, I thought the same thing y'all did about the dream fart, haha! I'm glad we can share reading comprehensions fails.

Also, most of my patient's families prefer to have their doors open at exactly a 45 degree angle. I would think they would want it, you know, closed, so they could have privacy with their loved one, but whatever floats their boat. I guess it gives the illusion of privacy while also giving "access" to the outside in case they need a nurse or something? I have no idea. But yeah, sharing an office with someone who is loud and smelly doesn't sound like much fun!

@Dignity100, I actually signed us up for training classes with Maggie when we got her, and my mom also eventually found a trainer to come to our house when she realized she was overwhelmed. That trainer was expensive, but she was really good and I think my mom would probably hire her again if she got another dog, so that's a plus at least. Maybe it would be OK, but something in me is just like, "PREVENT THIS."

I dunno, I just don't want to get all attached to another dog and then have the same thing happen. Not to mention, I feel like she put a lot of the responsibility on me to take care of Maggie. Like, I would end up texting her from work or school to be like, "Hey, could you take her on a walk around the court today and work on those exercises I showed you?" And being the one to take her to most of her training classes (not entirely my mom's fault; she works weird hours), paying for the first training class while in school and working only part-time, etc. And before she decided to take her back to the shelter she was like, "Well, do you think you would take her with you when you move out in the fall?" I would have loved to do that, but I will most likely be moving into a tiny little apartment somewhere that doesn't even allow pets, so that's unrealistic - not to mention that I doubt getting oriented to my first nursing job would allow much time for me to take care of a high-energy dog. I dunno. I just have concerns. She needs to just take care of herself for a while - travel, hang out with her friends, do stuff. (Make her ailing daughter some chicken noodle soup, perhaps? 0:) I dunno. But not a dog. Not right now.

• @Swazzle & @southernpeach89 --  KK

You both set yourselves up for that!! 

Anniversary
  • what does kk mean? FI does not do this

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 KK means "okay", and you're so lucky your FI does not do this.

This is literally our text messages:

Me: After work, we have to blah blah blah blah blah....(and it's all important crap)

FI: KK

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • what does kk mean? FI does not do this
    kk is tween-girl text speak… It means "Ok" or "Ok cool" I canNOT stand it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @ollie08 & @buddysmom80 ok I learned something new today.  That would really annoy me if FI did that...

Anniversary

• my H's mom is sending me chats on FB, and she knows I have seen it (THANKS A LOT FACEBOOK) but I don't want to answer.  :-\
  • @dignity100- If I could post a gif expressing the cringing look on my face I would but my comp is weird at work.
  • my H's mom is sending me chats on FB, and she knows I have seen it (THANKS A LOT FACEBOOK) but I don't want to answer.  :-\
    I hate that!
  • I think I can just make it where she can't see me..?

WORLD'S WORST DIL, RIGHT HERE.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Complaint: The US Men's Hockey team.

• Unpopular opinion: Go Team Canada!

Sorry, I had to.

Confession: I'm going dress shopping next week and can't stop eating ALL THE CANDY. I'm going to hate myself next Friday.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards