Wedding Etiquette Forum

FSIL Attire

13»

Re: FSIL Attire

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think not wearing white to a wedding is about dressing appropriately.

White is not appropriate, neither is wearing jeans and sneakers.

But, in the case of the OP- though I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't say anything about it. No one will confuse her for you (the bride), people will only side eye her. 
  • I suspect that FMIL was the one who REALLY didn't think a white dress was appropriate for her to wear, and FSIL either wasn't listening to her mother, or her mother didn't want to be the Heavy.

In any event, it seems like your FH stepped up to manage his family and their drama. Good for him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, i didn't realize that it is such a hotly debated topic.  While I would never wear white to someone else's wedding, I can honestly say I don't care if my FSIL wears white.  Apparently though, my FH does...and he told his mother that he thought the whole thing was silly and she should get another dress.  His mother agreed.  Apparently that turned into a huge mess where FSIL told him that this was the only dress she could afford and looked good on her and that she refused to hide in the corner at our wedding in a plain dress...

I have said I want nothing to do with it.  I don't care what she wears to our wedding.  However, the whole thing reminded me why I did not ask her to be in my wedding party or come to my bachelorette party!  Maybe someday we will have the great relationship I have with my FBIL.
    This is the comment that bothers me. It sounds like this is intentional, like when my AW SIL said she didn't want to be a 'bridesmaid in the back.'
  • yogablossomyogablossom member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Every time I've seen someone at a wedding wearing white, I think they're an asshole. There are about 1,000 different colors people can wear to a wedding. But that's me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards