Wedding 911

Venue double booked us and we found out after we sent "save the dates"

So I was in the middle of sending out save the dates when I found out our venue double booked us. Most people got our magnets I spent $300 on but about 30 did not. So now I'm trying to figure out whether I send out new save the dates or what. My mom is not helpful any neither is my fiance. Any help is much appreciated.
Callie

Re: Venue double booked us and we found out after we sent "save the dates"

• Ditto HGF. Sorry this happened to you!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yeah we scheduled this back in September and we notified the middle of february. I literally had save the dates addressed, labeled, and stamped sitting in my car ready to drop off at the post office when we were told. The venue is giving me $4000 off because we were the second booking and had to move the date to the night before. I would have been way less upset if they had told me like 2 weeks before so I hadn't of spent $300 on the save the dates. I decided to buy some new ones... paper, plain, nothing fancy. Total pain in the butt but hey at least it wasn't the actual invitations.
  • That's a great way to look at it, and good for you! Also, $4K off is a great deal, so congrats!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Sorry this happened. 

I have to say you have a great attitude.  Sounds like you will have a relatively stress free wedding.

GL

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Wow... glad to hear they gave you a good discount and it all worked out.  Still super frustrating though.  But, I personally would look at it as the $4000 vacation I can now take will more than make up for the extra stress of changing the date. :)

• Well you saved about 3,700. That's how I would try to look at it. Sorry about that!
  • Your attitude is good about the whole thing. Sucks they did that- very unprofessional of them but you are handling it really well.
  • Where did you buy from? I know some websites are really understanding of this kind of thing. You could contact where you bought them from, explain the situation and maybe they'll help you out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards