Not Engaged Yet
Options

New here--not engaged YET!

Hey everyone!!
I've been lurking around for a few days and have found you guys so entertaining!  I love to see a board of people who have forged friendships over the internet and who are honest with each other!  I hope you don't mind if I join in... I see that there is a questionnaire for newbies, so I'll start there!

Screen Name: BreRhodes 
Significant Other's Age:27
What You Do: I work in real estate, but I have one more year of school before I'm a teacher
What SO Does: He is an auto technician, but also in school, only he wants to be a pilot
State of Relationship: Not engaged yet, but it's coming! 
How Long You've Been Together: It will be 12 years in March
How You Met: I am best friends with his cousin, we started chatting on AOL instant messenger as teens :) 
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not yet decided
Real Babies: a 6 year old daughter
Fur Babies: 1 cat
Loves: How I met your Mother, ice cream, margaritas, the beach, netflix, wine, Christmas, pizza... maybe I should just say eating in general.
Hates: Winter!! 'Tis the season, right?
Pet Peeves: People who ignore the 10 items or less sign at the grocery store, loud chewers in the movie theater, and people who don't drive AT LEAST the speed limit.
Hobbies/Activities: I'm a winter bum, but in warmer weather I love running, rollerblading, swimming, drinking on patios, and I love reading.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh... a lot!  He is also always incredibly warm, it's like having a personal heated blanket when I want it.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His use of horrible language when he gets mad at inanimate objects.. it's hard to teach your kid not to use the F bomb if your dad yells it at his malfunctioning computer.....
Describe Your Personality: I would say I'm pretty easy going, and fun to be around.. nothing hypes me up more than political differences  :)  I have friends who refuse to talk to me about politics.. but that's okay.. it's not necessary :)
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): In my head usually about a 9... what I let out... about a 3.
I've Been On TK Since: I joined awhile back when my SO and I were discussing a quick wedding in Mexico last year.. but I changed my mind and realized it was important to have my family there.
How You Came to Be On TK: If you look up anything wedding related, it ends up leading you to the knot eventually.

How I like my potatoes: Do I have to pick just one way???  I love french fries, cheesy hashbrowns, mashed potatoes, baby reds with garlic, scalloped, baked.... YUM! 

Favorite book/author: Sooo hard to choose. I love JD Robb/Nora Roberts, Jodi Picoult, James Patterson, Diana Gabaldon, the list goes on! 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Maybe nothing too outwardly interesting, i have clubbed thumbs... not interesting as much as weird! :) (look up Megan Fox... those are my thumbs)

Re: New here--not engaged YET!

• Options
    Hiya!

What's your favorite dessert? What part of the country are you from?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Ooh, probably molten chocolate cake... Or Coldstone Icecream! (Birthday cake remix to be exact) I live in St. Paul, MN originally from Wisconsin :)
  • Options
    Welcome! H's BFF has clubbed thumbs. He gets teased a lot for it in our circle of friends. He also has insanely small feet and lies about it. 

What's your favorite Jodi Picoult book? Mine's probably a tie between Simple Truth, 19 Minutes, and The Pact. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I HAVE CLUBBED THUMBS TOO!!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! What was your favorite vacation?

Anniversary

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to the boards!

• Options
    Welcome! What's the last thing you watched on Netflix?
  • Options
    @twodimes I never saw the movie!! I saw the first couple minutes the other day and didn't feel like watching it. I googled the ending since it was all the rage when it happened. The story was emotionally complex enough the first time, I didn't feel I could reconnect with the characters again in a movie setting. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi! What is your favourite Diana Gabaldon book? The Outlander series is fantastic.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! You seem normal, please stay that way :)

Tell us more about your cat. Pics are appreciated. 

What's the last movie you saw in the theater? 

Where do you want to go on your next vacation? 

• Options

Hi and welcome!!!!!

Do you like guacamole?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Hi! I have no fun questions because I'm lame, but I agree with @swazzle: you are normal, and that's awesome! :) Thanks for joining us.
  • Options
    brerhodes said:
    Ooh, probably molten chocolate cake... Or Coldstone Icecream! (Birthday cake remix to be exact) I live in St. Paul, MN originally from Wisconsin :)
    OMG I love both of these!!! I haven't had Coldstone in forever and I'm so obsessed with that place!

Welcome!
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    I'm already laughing at all of the responses, I had no idea club thumbs were so common!!  I also got teased for them as a kid.  My bf use to joke that as long as our daughter came out with normal thumbs he'd be happy ;) (She did).  My favorite Jodi Picoult is probably 19 Minutes, but I also loved the Pact as well!! I LOVE the Outlander series, but I haven't gotten through it yet.  I love guacamole, especially Chiptole's.  (Did you hear there may be a shortage?! ahh!!) 
    My favorite vacation was my first vacation to Mexico for my 25th birthday, my next vacation MAY be to the Dominican in December of 14, and I am neither a VIkings or Packer fan.. somehow I was raised to be a Dallas fan :)

My cat is my first baby, I've had her for 8 years, she's a little all black little lovey named Mallie.  I have no pictures because this is a new computer and I have no pics on it yet!  Last movie on Netflix wasn't a movie, it was a documentary about Chiptotle... maybe I should mention that is another one of my loves... last movie in the theater was the Lego movie! 

Phew, I think I got it all.  I think I'm normal, I'll definitely stay like this!! Promise! 
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Thank you for the warm welcome! 
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    There goes my normal status?? :)
  • Options
    I'll give you a hint:

• Options
    Hahaha you're going to fit in well around here, I think :)

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    hahah thanks!! I'm excited to get to know everyone! 
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    I don't think @Swazzle would agree!  but I'll take it :)
  • Options
    brerhodes said:

Loves: How I met your Mother, ice cream, margaritas, the beach, netflix, wine, Christmas, pizza... maybe I should just say eating in general.

I think I like you. Despite being a Dallas fan. At least you're not a Pats fan like some people. ::cough cough @BriSox81 cough cough::

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Nevar!!! 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

She likes chipotle, she's cool in my book

and more importantly...guacamole!

What book are you on in the Outlander series? I really wish I had cable because I really really want to watch the Showtime (I think) adaptation. I might have to scour my parent's tv and dvr it.

What age group do you want to teach? Do you want to teach a particular subject?

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    I am on book 4, I don't remember the name because it's on my kindle so I don't look at the cover...ever..ha! I also wish I had the channel it will be playing on... I don't know anyone who has it either :( I just hope Netflix will get on board eventually. My license will be for K-6, I'm thinking about getting a middle school endorsement for social studies, but I'm not sure I want to go to school longer :-/ 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    *looks around nervously* I mean, I'm not a Pats fan, but the well-being of my friends and family rests on their record, so ... what am I supposed to do?

Anyway. Eating is the best.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    ha! Phira, I know how that goes... as much as I HATE the Packers sometimes I root for them to win for the sake of my bf's mood...
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    I'm sorry... this football discussion is just a minefield ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards