Not Engaged Yet

IIs, UOs, Confessions, etc.

I hope it's not too soon to do another one of these, but I'm kind of full of them today.

Irrational irritation: I have this friend who is vegan. It's cool...until we try to hang out. He ALWAYS insists that I pick where to eat. Dude, I'm Italian. Everything I eat involves cheese and meat. So I have to do a ton of research every time we get together to find someplace where both of our dietary quirks can co-exist in harmony, and it takes FOREVER. I wouldn't even mind if it was just I'll pick this time, he'll pick next time. It's EVERY. TIME.

Irrational irritation: I spent all weekend when the weather was in the 60's and sunny inside. SAD FACE.

Confession: I feel like my friends are a little boring, and that makes me feel horrible, because they are super-wonderful people and have been there for me through all this stuff, especially over the past few months. But we have nothing to DO together and not much in common since they all graduated and got careers and SOs and stuff, and I kind of regressed, went back to school, and became single. This might be that weird time in my life where I have to find some new friends; not to replace anybody, but just to expand my circle. And that scares me.

Confession: My hands smell funny, even after I washed them with the same soap I've always used. It's concerning me.

I don't think I have any UO's yet today, but I'm sure I'll think of one. Your turn!

Re: IIs, UOs, Confessions, etc.

• Irrational irritation - People who write a novel every. single. time. they post. I understand having a lot to say every now and then when you're giving advice or feel strongly about something. But EVERY SINGLE POST? No. Just no. 

Confession - The fact that I lost significantly more weight when I stopped working out than I did while I was working out makes me want to continue to slack off. I know that isn't healthy but I can't help it. 

• Confession: I'm eating some hot peppers with lunch (at 11) even though my stomach hurts.  I don't know why.

II: People who use the bathrooms at house showings.  I know house hunters need to use the bathrooms too but it is just gross to me to have a stranger I don't know use my bathroom.

II2: My house isn't sold yet and its been on the market for 4 days.  I know that is a crazy short time but I wanted it to sell this weekend.

• @Swazzle - you were losing muscle!  muscle is sexier than skinny-fat, right??  :)

II:  H just decided he wants to do the Insanity workout with me tonight.  I'm a little glad because I like the company, but now I have to wait on him to get home so we can do the workout before I cook dinner.  I was planning on doing it right after work and taking Bax to get his claws clipped at the vet.  now it screws up my evening, unless he actually leaves work on time (yeah right).
  • edited March 2014
    Irrational Irritation: When I'm running at the park and the sidewalk that surrounds it is huge with plenty of space to spread out and I'm running along the edge of it and you see me coming, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY if you're walking. I'm so tired of playing "who is going to move" game. Next time I will run you over. The sidewalk at the park has lanes for a reason...to establish which lane goes which way so don't walk in the opposite lane!

Confession: I've always tried to be cautious when going out in the sun since skin cancer is very prominent in my family but I'm just wanting so bad to get some tan skin this summer : ( 

UO: I think Walking Dead is gross and every time H watches it, I need to leave the room. 

UO: H and I started watching Game of Thrones and we love it so far but a few weeks ago we got to an episode where a horse was killed and I got sick to my stomach and it made me not want to watch the show anymore. I hate seeing animals die! Andplusalso, they had to kill their puppy dog/wolf and that made me cry! Ijustcan't.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Confession: I think I'm one of the novelists @Swazzle is complaining about. Sorry! :(

Unpopular opinion: I don't care that it's lighter our later in the evening. I hate Daylight Savings Time. I vote we just pick a time and stick to it year round.

Irrational irritation: Of all the things to go wrong this morning, I'm still fuming over my foundation being the wrong color. If The Body Shop doesn't let me return it, I'm going to be SO fucking pissed. I just want make-up that matches my skintone!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @CocoBellaF - Not when I have the round 1 weigh-in tomorrow for DietBet! I was only working out for about 10 days, could I really have build up THAT much muscle in that time?

• @Swazzle - I've heard you'll generally gain 2-5 lbs the first few weeks of a new and consistent exercise routine.  it goes down after that; if it doesn't, it's probably weight gain.  when you first start building new muscles, you'll have a lot of water retention.

"The temporary weight gain explained:

When someone starts a new exercise program, they often experience muscle soreness. The more intense and “unfamiliar” the program, the more intense the muscle soreness. This soreness is most prevalent 24 to 48 hours after each workout. In the first few weeks of a new program, soreness is the body trying to

“protect and defend” the effected or targeted tissue. Exercise physiologists refer to this as delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS.

This type of soreness is thought to be caused by tissue breakdown or microscopic tears in muscle tissue. When this happens the body protects the tissue. The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen with fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program. Keep in mind that muscle soreness is not necessarily a reflection of how hard you worked. In fact, some people feel no signs of muscle soreness, yet will experience the muscle protection mechanisms of water retention and slight swelling."

I researched this extensively after gaining weight when starting Insanity.  I gained about 6 lbs at first, and then it went down to about a 2 lb gain (net).  I lost inches so the resulting net gain is muscle taking over fat.
  • @phira - You are a novelist but you're not the only one! That's what makes it irrational!

@southernpeach55 - I get the same way over seeing animals die on TV/in movies. A dog was killed on a certain season finale last night and it affected me for the rest of the episode. 

• ETA:  When to be concerned:

If you experience a significant weight gain (exceeding 5 pounds) which does not begin to decrease rapidly after the second week, guess what it is??? I’ll give you one hint… you put it in your mouth and chew it. You know it! You’re food (or calorie laden beverages). Newsflash friends.. exercise doesn’t make you gain weight. Consuming more food than you burn makes you gain weight!

So if after two weeks you are not losing weight, have gained weight that’s not coming off, it’s time to take a close and honest look at your food intake. It’s time to find out what you’re burning in calories each day. Have your RMR or BMR tested.

• I am also guilty of @Swazzle's complaint. Apologies! Being concise isn't something I'm good at, but I'll try to keep it shorter.

@minskat30, ewww, was your first II inspired by something specific over the weekend? I hope no one messed up your bathroom! I don't think it would bother me if they left it like they found it, but if stuff was messy, all over the place, etc., that's just kinda yucky.

@southernpeach89, I feel you on everything about the tanning. Have you ever tried the spray kind? I'm thinking about trying it this year; I'm so sick of having skin so white it's reflective, lol.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    @CocoBellaF - Now I'm afraid I'm going to be up for my weigh-in tomorrow because of my calves from skiing. OH NO. 

ETA: I didn't actually gain when I was working out. My weight was staying the same for the most part and then I was sick for a few days so I took a break (which has turned into a very long break) and I started losing again. I know that there are all kinds of reasons for this and I know that working out is healthier than not. I was just confessing that seeing the number on the scale go down (especially while I'm about to have a weigh-in) was nicer than it not budging. 

• II: My mother is going to be the death of me on this vacation. Every day it's SOMETHING. Yesterday she was worried our plane is just going to fall out of the sky. Mind you, I HATE to fly, but I'm getting better with the proper medication.

II: My mother also does not want me taking said medication when we fly because I act "loopy and out of it, it's embarassing, we'll get kicked out of the plane". She also thinks that mental health is a bunch of garbage, so there's that...

Confession: I don't want to go to Europe. I'd rather spend two weeks at home, getting house shit done.

Confession: I had a complete crying breakdown on Saturday because I was getting homesick. This is the longest FI and I have been apart since we got serious.

Confession: I can't spend more than an hour with my MOH. We went to boozy brunch on Saturday, she spent the whole time talking about how she might/might not be pregnant for the wedding. I don't care either way, it's not going to ruin our wedding, you know? She also makes a joke about everything wedding-related I do. I'm sorry, when we're paying an arm and leg for a wedding don't make a joke about shit.

UO: I love the new Beyonce video. I used to not like her, but I like her a lot more lately.

Confession: I cleaned the shit out of my house on Sunday and then spent the rest of the day in bed watching Lifetime Movies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle - in the long-run, it's not a big deal... right??
  • @CocoBellaF - I ETAed my last post, by the way. 

In the long run what isn't a big deal? I signed up for a competition and if I don't reach a certain weight loss percentage then I don't get a part of the pot for that round. I have to weigh in tomorrow for round 1 and yea, I'd like to be under the goal so I get a piece of the pot. 

• @CLoGreenEyes- I've tried self tanners before and I've found that Jergen's has the best natural coloring but it doesn't seem to last very long for me and I hate the smell. I'm wanting the all Summer long tan lol. 
  • @Swazzle - ahhh, I see.  maybe try a bath in epsom salt and baking soda.  that helps with muscle soreness and water retention.  hopefully it'll go down in time!  :)
  • @buddysmom80 - I'm sad that you're not looking forward to your trip anymore. I hope your mom stops being a pain in the ass and you have a great time, regardless! 

• I am also guilty of @Swazzle's complaint. Apologies! Being concise isn't something I'm good at, but I'll try to keep it shorter.

@minskat30, ewww, was your first II inspired by something specific over the weekend? I hope no one messed up your bathroom! I don't think it would bother me if they left it like they found it, but if stuff was messy, all over the place, etc., that's just kinda yucky.

@southernpeach89, I feel you on everything about the tanning. Have you ever tried the spray kind? I'm thinking about trying it this year; I'm so sick of having skin so white it's reflective, lol.

No.  It was totally clean.  But I clearly left the TP a certain way (nice) and could tell the bathroom was used because the TP was disrupted.  I'm crazy, I know. 
  • @minskat30 - that would weird me out, fo sho.
  • @minskat30 my one BM, her BIL is her REA and has an open house EVERY SUNDAY so they can sell her condo. Last summer, someone made a #2 and did not flush in her toilet. She was so pissed, but her BIL is like "you want this condo, to sell, right?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle thanks! I'm trying to be positive about it, but it's hard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Irrational Irritation- I just want to be lazy and be home and not have to go to rehearsal. I got myself into this situation with this show and I'm having a great time.

I hated jewelers telling me what kind of a wedding band I should have, no- let me tell you what I want.

Confession- I'm really, really hoping this one jeweler can replicate the ring I want.

I also confess I look forward to when the wedding is over, so I can spend time focusing on other simple things besides the wedding.  I feel like it occupies way too much of my thoughts.

I am excited/nervous that TTC is probably less than 6 months away at this point.  It almost makes me want to wait a bit longer.

I also confess I am going to avoid like the plague producing any shows in the fall for the theater company I'm involved with.  I really want a theatre free summer and fall.

@buddysmom80 I really hope you can start to look forward to your trip soon.

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 I hope you get your excitement back about the trip and really find a chance to enjoy it. Maybe ditch your mom for a few hours and go do your own thing? 

II: wedding anniversary gifts. Our anniversary is in 4 weeks (WTFBBQ) and H has done nothing but talk the last three days about all the different ideas he has and how excited he is to do this. I've got absofuckinglutely no idea what the hell I'm going to do, and we're stretched so thin right now financially that I don't know what to do. I hate that there's all this pressure on me now. 

II: I have a community group video call every Monday morning with other youth workers. Usually it's four girls, but today, it was just two of us and a guy that joins occasionally. He totally threw off the vibe of the chat. I usually leave the chat feeling happy and destressed, but now I just feel unsatisfied.

Confession: I am rehashing every awkward encounter I've ever had with anyone ever this year, which is putting me in an insecure state of mind as I start to job hunt again. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - I 100% agree with your UO -- until season 4 basically. I didn't get everyone's obsession until then. Seasons 1-3, I could take them or leave them. The last two were fantastic. 

• @twodimes:

- ditto on the Breaking Bad thing. I don't get it, I don't enjoy it. No thank you.

- samesies on the haircut thing! But all anyone comments to me is how long it's gotten. YEA! Because I haven't cut it in a year! ...and I may or may not love how long it is right now. 

- eye to eye on the SO job thing. I need to know what the fuck my life is going to look like come the next few months. H's internship is up in May and I have no fucking clue what we're going to do. He's really discouraged and I don't want to add to it, but I also want to hit my head against a wall and pull my hair out while sobbing. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @minskat30 my one BM, her BIL is her REA and has an open house EVERY SUNDAY so they can sell her condo. Last summer, someone made a #2 and did not flush in her toilet. She was so pissed, but her BIL is like "you want this condo, to sell, right?"
    Seriously?  That is disgusting.  Who does that?
  • --------------------------------------------------------------

• edited March 2014
    II: Taking a stupid route from the office (!!) to the kid's house to babysit, I hit a TON of traffic and was in the car for over an hour and a half. I shouldn't complain because I'm technically getting paid for the time and I can't even get in trouble for being late, as I have the same "boss" for both positions, but it was still frustrating. Hopefully I can figure out a better route tomorrow and not spend half the day in the car.

II: FI's friend from high school gave him her old iPhone yesterday when he met me in the city for something - I told him to invite her out for drinks with us and our friends, so she stopped by for a bit. We talked about their old friends from HS and I shared a funny story about how I had met a girl he used to hook up with back in HS while I was up there with him for Thanksgiving. Well, his friend told me that that girl had been "the hottest one" of that whole group of girls, but she was "also really really nice." I mean - this happened over a DECADE ago but I'd rather not know how hot AND nice she was. Grrr.

Confession: I think that my new job will be pretty boring, slow, and quiet, and I am TOTALLY fine with that, since I'm confident there will still be plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Confession: I'm excited to be out of the house most of the day in part because I think it will make it easier to stick to my diet. 

Confession: I talked to my grandpa on the phone yesterday. He didn't have much time to talk, but asked if he and his wife could take FI and I out to dinner this weekend to celebrate our engagement and "talk about wedding stuff". I am reaaally hoping (though I wouldn't admit it anywhere but here!) that he will offer to pay for part of the wedding. I know not to count on contributions from family, but it would be awesome if it happened!

Random: I know I haven't had a full time job in 7 months, and I just started back TODAY but I don't care - I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to go on vacation in 25 DAYS and fly with @Swazzle to Texas and meet @Audrewuh and a bunch of others whose usernames I do not have memorized :-) In my imagination, its going to be several days of booze and cupcakes and guac and CAH and much-desired warm weather and I want to be leaving for it RIGHT.THIS.SECOND.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • II: I took my comprehensive exams today (well part 1, part 2 is tomorrow) and I think I did really well (yay!) but apparently everyone else finished their second block way early and not one of them bothered waiting around (which would be like 10/15 minutes) to see how I did/felt. I know it's not a big deal but I also know I would've waited for them so they felt supported. For the past month, I've been really supportive of all of them, studying with them, ensuring them they'll do great and not a single person bothered to wait till I was done to see how it went. Which just makes me kind of want to say "Well, fine fuck you then"...I realize this is a pretty ridiculous way to feel but I'm still semi-pissed about it.

• @swazzle I think I am also guilty. I just like to be detailed! :)

II: My best friends from high school. When I tell you that I can only take Friday off when you will be visiting, and that I can only pick you up from the airport during the evenings, don't go behind my back and book flights where you land on Thursday mid-morning and pressure me to take it off because you didn't listen. I love them, but come on.

Confession: I am freaking out about attending my ex-boyfriend's wedding this summer.  I wouldn't miss it for the world, as we have remained very close friends throughout high school and college (we dated in 9th grade for like 5 months). It's mainly about what to give them as a gift to show that I am happy for them, and how his family will react to seeing me there.  I don't think it will be a huge deal, especially since they all know we remained good friends, but I do worry about the "ex at your wedding" comments/eyebrow raises. Fortunately I will be able to bring my BF, and that should help with some of the awkwardness that might ensue (and I am secretly hoping that I can call him my FI by that point.....he has been ring shopping!). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards