Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Buying a Gift Card with another Gift Card...?

Let's say you get tons of gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond. There nothing else you want in that store since you got everything you wanted in your registry.

Would you turn around and use your BBB gift card to buy - let's say another gift card to a resturant or even a VISA or AmEX card that you can use anywhere? My SIL did this and while I think it is pretty clever; I'm just not sure how that comes across - or if stores even do that? Just curious.

Re: Buying a Gift Card with another Gift Card...?

• Options
    Not sure if you can even do that (rules and such), but I don't see what the big deal would be if you could.  You are basically using the card to buy something that you want which is a gift card that you can use anywhere.  A gift card is a gift and you have every right to use it how you would like.

• Options
    Not sure if you can even do that (rules and such), but I don't see what the big deal would be if you could.  You are basically using the card to buy something that you want which is a gift card that you can use anywhere.  A gift card is a gift and you have every right to use it how you would like.
    Ditto what Maggie said. Once the gift card is gifted the giver should put any further expectations. If someone receives a Macy's gift card there nothing to say you can't go buy lingerie with it and that have to buy home goods. Same thing with cash gifts.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Awesome thank you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards