Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear all,

One month from today I become a Mrs!!!

- not excited at all (!!)

Dear dry ovary complainers,

There are a lot of you lately. I will personally butt punch the next of you that complains. Dry ovaries are no reason to rush an engagement but they're a really great way to rush a divorce. There are so many other options for having a kid these days that I just don't get the "my ovaries are drying up I need to be engaged ASAP" trend.

-I'm getting married in a month and have no immediate plans for kids thankfully

Dear FI,

Your snoring last night was ridiculous. I am pooped today.

-I get my own bed this weekend and am pretty psyched lol

Dear students in the class that opens next week,

Please don't be psychotic. Thank you.

-I'm getting married during your class
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: OLW

• Dear nasty rain this morning,

You ruined my commute to work. 

No love,
    Girl who enjoys a safe drive to work 

Dear Beef Stew in Crockpot,

Please be noms when I get home!

Love,
    Crockpots make me nervous sometimes

Dear CrossFit Coach,

Thank you for telling me it looks like I've lost some inches, I've been working really hard and getting a compliment really motivates me to keep doing what I'm doing. 

Love,
    Girl who is trying to gain some muscle

Dear H,

Going to the dentist is a good thing! Now that we are married you are not going to get away with never going. Sorry I'm not sorry, I want your mouth to be healthy.

Love,
    Your wife
  • Dear @swazzle, @brisox81, @csousa1,

Um, 48 HOURSSSSSS. Well actually 48 hours from now, I'll be at work twiddling my thumbs but still......I can't wait to see your faces!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,

Me

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear FI,

I'm sorry I've been such a crying mess this week. I'm going to miss not seeing you and the fur children for two weeks. It makes me so sad. I know you're excited to have the house to yourself for two weeks, just don't forget to Skype and e-mail me.

Love,

Granny

-------------------------------------------------

Dear NEY,

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU GUYS FOR TWO WEEKS???????? I hope you can all survive without me!

Don't miss me too much,

Buddysmom80

Dear Wedding,

Nine months, ZOMG.

-------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Dear @buddysmom80,

I am not going to be able to survive without you for that long! Maybe I should just come with you?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I'll be leaving work in 50 hours to come to you! I can't wait for cupcakes, pudding shots, Yuengling, snuggles, toots, and laughs! 

Dear H, 

You're my favorite husband ever. Thank you for being my biggest fan and supporter. I love you :)

• dear house cleaner,

please do a good job.  I am so excited to see my clean house tonight!

lots of love and cleaning vibes,
    Coco

dear cramps,

get lost.

no love,
    Coco

dear Bella-bug,

I hope you feel better tonight!  just hoping we caught this IBS flare-up before it can cause any trouble.  I'll give you lots of snuggles and throw the ball if you feel like playing.

love,
    Mom
  • @southernpeach89 haha, I'm glad I'm not the only "you are GOING to the dentist" wife/wife-to-be around these parts :)

@buddysmom80 so my brother is getting married on our 5 month anniv and you are getting married on our 8 month anniv - apparently the 12th is a VERY popular day to get married this year.  I like it!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Dear rain,

You are unwelcome. Please go away! Also please please please please do NOT show your face on Saturday. I want good engagement photos not me looking like a hot mess with my hair all over the place. Got it?

kthxbai, Me

~~~

Dear Puppy,

Thanks for not running off with the neighbord dog this morning in the rain. It would have been really not cool to have to chase you around in it. I'm glad the allure of breakfast was greater than playing with your BFF. Also, you did so well running yesterday! You are so well behaved and I got compliments from so many people!

Love, your proud momma

~~~

Dear FI,

I'm sorry you've been feeling so down lately. I wish I could improve the environment at work. I'm glad that at least coming home to me in the evenings helps you feel better and more relaxed. I promise we'll do some fun spontaneous "just-us" stuff very soon.

Love you so much!

~~~

Dear @Blue & White,

ONE MORE MONTH!!!!! YAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love lm

~~~

Dear @buddysmom80,

It's going to be a long two weeks. :( Are you sure you can't just sneak all of NEY into the plane's cargo hold so we can come with you??

I'll miss you!!

• Dear overnight coworkers,

I really wanted to come in to work at a clean house this morning.

No thanks,
    Tired and overworked DSP

---------------------------------

Dear Boyfriend,

I love you, but you really need to shave your scruff. It's starting to take over your face...

Love,
    Your loving girlfriend
  • Dear weather,

Please stay like this.  Please....

Love,

Anxiously awaiting spring

Dear brain,

Really weird dreams in the middle of the night are NOT cool and WTF why was Dumbledore chasing me???  Also please remember all of your lines from the show.

Sincerely,

Self who likes to Sleep

Dear invititations,

Please address yourself and put yourself together,

Thanks,

Too tired for this, it's too much DIY for me

Dear FI,

3 months and 2 days squee!  Please hurry up and finish the kitchen.

Thanks,

Me

Anniversary

• Dear @swazzle, @buddysmom80, & @csousa (& lil' sous),

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU BITCHEESSSSSS. We're going to have the most fun that anyone could ever have, EVER. movie animated GIF

Love,
    Your BriSox LaBBQ

Dear BF,

I love you SO MUCH. You are seriously the best. Soooo anytime you wanna bring that pony home now... 

ALLLL the loves,
    Me

Dear belly,

Why you upset today? I really DID want to workout, but not if it's going to make me puke and/or poop all over the weight room :(

No love,
    Me.

Dear Sister,

I can't wait for you to come visit next weekend and get tattoos with you!!! It's been far too long since we've had a good sister weekend, so I'm super excited!! 

Love,
    your favorite sister

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I forgot one...

Dear June,

Just get here already! I've never been on vacation before and my boyfriend's grandma is taking us all to Florida for 2 weeks. I want to go to Disney World and Universal already...

Love,
    Me who is excited!!!!!!
  • @Blue- I'm afraid to mention how long it has been since he has gone...lol. He added me to his dental insurance about a couple months ago and I was planning on getting my cleaning done here soon so I asked him if he wanted me to make him an appointment. He was like, "Oh I'm fine" haha and I asked how long it has been since his last cleaning...not good! So I made an appointment for him and told him he needed to go this morning. Luckily, he does not have any cavities! 
  • Dear real estate market,

Could something come up that we actually want to go look at? I'm not desperate, just a little impatient to get this process really started.

Cordially,
    House-hunter
    ---
    Dear piano,

Please let practice go well tonight.

Sincerely,
    I can piano (despite what last week might have sounded like)
    ---
    Dear research,

Can you start going better really soon? I'm discouraged and I'm feeling like I'm against the wall.

Thanks,
    Can grad school be done now?
    ---
    Dear NEY,

Thanks for being so cool!

Love,
    Stitches
  • Dear Spring,

I love you dearly, but can we hurry up and finish blossoming everything so I can find some peace with my allergies?! I LOVE living in the middle of nowhere, but the amount of pollen in the air is ridic.

No Love,
    Snot face

Dear BF,

Please please please understand that I'm not upset with YOU, just the situation. If you don't get paid by Friday though, you're gonna have to find something else. 

Love,
    Your GF who just wants to pay the bills

Dear motivation, 

Please come back! I miss you.

Love,
    I don't want to be in a funk anymore

STOP RUBBING IT IN ALREADY!!!!

Also, please to Drunk FaceTime me at some point?

Love,
    I'm Just Jealous, Ollie

• Dear Indiana Weather,

Yesterday is was 69 degrees...as I am looking out my office window right now, it is currently snowing. How does that even happen?  Get your shit together, quick.

No love,
    Indiana girl your are teasing.

FI,

Thank you for an amazing dinner and evening. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I love you more than anything and everything.

Love,
    your baby doll

Dear Teeth,

I'm disappointed in you but I hope my insurance will pay for me to get ya'll fixed before the wedding.

No love,
    I want my pretty smile back

Anniversary

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

Everyone who's doing awesome stuff this weekend, hope you all have so much fun!

Dear C,

Thanks for sharing that article about the recall on my car. I'm glad you don't want me to die in a preventable accident.

Thanks?

Your ex who is slightly encouraged by this, but is trying to not jump to thoughts of, "We CAN be friends again, we CAN!" just because of this

Dear boss and BFF,

My counselor told me I had to practice assertive communication this week, sooooo, sorry, but y'all have made yourselves the quintessential people to try it with. I am not good at this and it makes me nervous, but we do have some things to talk about and resolve, so here goes nothin'. I'm sure it'll be OK; I want things to be good for all of us, and I like and respect both of you. I'm just trying to remember that I feel similarly about myself.

Sincerely,

Reluctant student of Communication 101

Dear exam tomorrow,

Be afraid, 'cause I'm about to make you CRY.

Muahaha,

Probably overconfident nursing student who has been studying her butt off all weekend

Dear school and IRS,

Anytime you want to send me those refunds, that would be great. Really. Anytime. As long as it's ASAP.

Sincerely,

It would come in suuuuuuuper handy right now

• Dear March,

Just be over with right.  Mmmkay!?!

Regards,
    Burnt out sales girl

------------------

Dear energy,

Where did you go?  I'm sorry if I pissed you off, but I have no time to be tired.  So please come back.  I've got 2 1/2 more weeks of crap to get through.  I needz you!

Sincerely,

One sleep lady

---------------------

Dear brother,

You aren't my roommate.  You are a guest in my spare room.  Get that straight.  Also, please figure out how to be a responsible adult with there own place, like yesterday.

Signed,

Cranky pants that wants to nap on her couch with no interruptions.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Dear NYC,

Scary! I heard 4 injuries in the building collapse - I hope none serious and that no more bad reports come in.

Stitches
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches I'm trying to stay up to date about the explosion. It's very terrifying :(

Dear NEY,

Thanks as always for being such a supportive environment and the best kind of distraction. I feel like I got super lucky that I came to TK before I was engaged; otherwise, I'd never have checked out NEY and I'd have missed out entirely on the best board on the site.

Dear cells,

PLEASE BE NICE TO ME TODAY *sob*

Dear hip,

I hate to sound like an old lady, but would you please for the love of god stop hurting? I can't stretch you at work, and you know that.

Dear waffles,

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Dear Job,

I quit you today.  I can't believe it.  8 years.  I've outlasted all my law school friends who quit Biglaw years and years ago. 

-Grateful but looking forward to a normal life.

Dear New Job,

Please be as great as I think you will be.  I'm going to have a normal life with you and still be challenged.

-Excited new employee

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear H,

Thank God for you.  The next few months will be rough but we will get through.  We've been through my Dad's sickness, his death, our marriage, your job loss, your job gain, my loss of my mentor, my joining a new department at the firm, my now new job, selling our house and moving to a new city in a YEAR.  One freaking year.  I don't know what I did to deserve such a rock of a partner but I thank God for you daily.

W

• Thank you @TwoDimes. I've had so many days from 7 am - midnight+ over the last 8 years, vacations, weekends and holidays working, etc. I'm so excited for a somewhat normal life.
  • Dear sore throat,

Go the fuck away. I have too much shit to do and can't be sick.

No love,
    Girl that's gonna kick her bfs sons ass

Dear work,

Piss off. I can't deal today. I can deal with being sick in aaaaany other way, but I am a huge baby when my throat hurts.

No love,
    Feeling like crap

Dear brother,

Wtf?? You've always been good with your money. Don't let some bitch dangle her twat in front of your face and say you aren't getting any unless she gets her way. You aren't stupid but these choices blow.

Love,
    Sister trying desperately trying to hold her tongue
  • @TwoDimes- We have the same issue with the doctor lol. He refuses to go. Drives me crazy! He was saying now that I got him to go to the Dentist that I'm going to get him to go to every other kind of doctor on the planet haha. 
  • @southernpeach88, I'm the one that despises going to the dentist and bf actually has been urging me to go. I hate hate hate, loathe, despise and detest the dentist- so I get why guys don't go
  • @irishdreamer and @ollie08 can you guys PLEASE get better?!  I mean I felt like I was gonna barf all day yesterday (I swear it was allergies and not pregnancy) but uuuuuugh we need to be better :)

@southernpeach89 my FI is good about going to doctors (mainly because he was sickly as a kid and still sometimes is, so he has to be) but he is going to kill me when he needs a colonoscopy at like...35/40 (aka younger than usual) because of his family history.  He was very traumatized by mine, even though the procedure itself went fine (I just have anxiety problems)
  • @blue- plllleeeeeaaaaase!! I hate being sick. And I've got so much going on this month I could scream.

Also, I will be in Orlando at the end of the month/ g2g?????
  • @irishdreamer end of the month like the 22nd weekend or 30th weekend? (approximate dates) cause @southernpeach89 is gonna be there the 22nd (even though I think she's gonna be too busy to hang out with me) 

@ollie08 how is your availability?  I don't think we technically have plans except for finishing up wedding stuff.  I do have a concert April 5th, so that weekend's likely out for me.
  • Thanks @Blue! I'm actually not sick, I just hate feeling like my head is going to explode from allergies. Is it this bad closer to the coast? 

Also, it's about dang time @IrishDreamer! It's the weekend of the 29th/30th, and it's our bye-week for soccer. I think the girls are actually going to be with their dad that weekend, but even if they're not I'm not passing this up! We've been Interweb friends for like 3 years now, it's about time we g2g!

• @ollie88 & @blue, yaaaaay! Ollie, I might need a place to crash as well....idk what the plan exactly is yet.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Blue I'm actually surprised at how little colonoscopies bother me. I was actually more upset about my flex sig because they're traditionally not done with sedation (which is a good thing--it means they take about 15 minutes and you can go about your day normally afterwards). Like, sorry, there are things that just aren't going to happen unless I'm sedated. Fortunately, my GI's practice (like many others) offers to do them with sedation upon request, so it ended up being like a regular colonoscopy in terms of the recovery and discharge procedures.

Dear cells,

What did I EVER do to you besides kill you? WHY WON'T YOU WORK.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @IrishDreamer There's always room at our place! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards