Not Engaged Yet

OLW

2»

Re: OLW

• Dear Ellie-cat,

Please don't have feline leukemia. I think the odds of your exposure are relatively low. You have never met the cat who was diagnosed, but you've been exposed to the owner of the cat several times and I don't know how well FeLV transfers person-cat. It would be really awesome if BF's cat didn't have it, either.

Love,
    The Staff, Mom, provider of gooshy foods and very worried cat owner
    ---
    Dear owner of indoor-outdoor cats that now has FeLV running through his home,

Keep your damn cats inside and vaccinate. What is so hard to understand about that?
  • @Blue- Yea we will be with H's mom and stepdad and they basically have this whole plan for the weekend and I don't know how much time we will have outside of hanging with them. I suck lol, I wish we could hang out : (

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Dear wedding cake,

I love you. That is all.

With love, the girl who is stuffed full of sugar and cake and yummy goodness

~~~

Dear @phira,

Spice cake with raisins and stuff or just plain spice cake? Both were so so good!!! I can't even choose.

Love, another bride who's really got a thing for spice cake now

• @lmhollister
    @phira

ahhh spice cake! <3 One of our tiers will be a spice cake and the top anniversary tier as well.
    Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @lmhollister I am super boring and would probably not want raisins in my cake. I'd totally try it, but you might have some pickier people.

I feel like the spice cake fairy, proclaiming the delights and wonders of spice cake to all who roam this land.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@phira We're doing two flavors in our cake so I guess I'm not incredibly worried about picky people. That's what the vanilla is for! You are the spice cake fairy! I probably never would've thought to try it if you hadn't mentioned it before.

Also I googled spice cake fairy and this is what I found!image

• @ollie08 and @irishdreamer just keep me posted.  Being two weeks before the wedding, I can't make any guarantees but I'm hoping for the best!  And yes, ollie, my allergies are terrible.  Plus my car is covered by pollen constantly (actually, it's raining now so it's getting washed off..but details.)

@phira yea, except for when they told me they might punch a hole in my colon by accident, I didn't have an issue with the colonoscopy.  I had several panic attacks before the procedure because I'm scared of needles and needed a prescription for xanax to come down from the anxiety after they resuscitated me (?) from the anesthesia.  My therapist said it's a fairly common reaction to the epinephrine apparently.  I was certified psycho, lol - I felt very bad for FI, frankly.

AND phira @lmhollister um, I apparently need to try spice cake.  Googling...or pinteresting...maybe both :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    @lmhollister OMGGG. Neighborhood cake fairy!!

@blue Yeah, I didn't LOVE the whole "oh by the way, here's a fun complication we have to tell you about," but when I had my first scope, I was so ill and so out of it that I probably would have agreed to anything.

TMI but also hilarious: I woke up during my second scope and started asking questions. This isn't something I learned secondhand, either. I legitimately woke up and because I was wearing my contacts, I could see the screen. My doctor answered all of my questions, which were mostly like, "So, what are we seeing here?" and, "So is that good or bad?" but the nurse assisting her had to work very hard not to laugh at how "whatever" I was about the whole thing.
    Anniversary
  • @phira haha, yea, I think they gave me too much propofol during mine, since I ya know, didn't wake up afterwards.  FI said they kept coming in for like 45 minutes and like moving me and trying to wake me up.  Then they gave me some epinephrine to wake up apparently.  And I was fine...until I woke up from my nap.  Then I was like OMG EVERYTHING IS SO SCARY I CAN'T DEAL NO YOU CAN"T LEAVE ME ALONE.  I was a mess.  My doc was amazing though.  If anyone in southeast VA needs a gastro, I recommend him haha
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Dear BFF,

I'm so glad we got to hang out last night, but I am NOT appreciating this hangover from hell. Why did we drink so much wine on such empty stomachs? 

Love,
    your hungover bestie

Dear H,

I'm so so so happy you're going to the dentist right now. You've been avoiding it your entire adult life and your boss is finally the one forcing you to go. You're going to be just fine and I really really wish I could be there to hold your hand. 

It'll be okay,
    your happy wife

P.S. I'm also crazy ecstatic you're going out of town this weekend so I have the entire apartment to myself.

I can't wait to meet you guys next week!! Squeee!! 

Love,
    audrewuh

ETA:

@Blue&amp;White,

ONE MONTH!! ZOMGWTFBBQ! It's finally here! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @andrewuh wait, your hubs has a dentist issue too?  GIRLS, we need to get our hubs/fis/bfs to take care of themselves :)  even their teeths!
  • @audrewuh, @blue - H hasn't been to the dentist in the whole time that we've been together. In his defense (I guess?), he didn't have insurance until a couple months ago. 

• Dear house we're going to look at tomorrow,

Please have a hidden garage somewhere because otherwise you look pretty darn good.

Sincerely,
    House-hunter
  • @swazzle @Blue @audrewuh FI hasn't been to the dentist years and hasn't been to one since we've been together he has the worst fear of dentists...

I've even found dentists that do sedation dentistry, he also says he knows he needs teeth pulled and lots of work done.

Anniversary

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    @blue&amp;white, @swazzle and @peaseblossom, H has absolutely deplorable teeth. Like, his back molars have decayed. When we first started dating, his oral hygiene was worse, and I brought it up to him. He's gotten a whole lot better about taking care of his mouth, but it doesn't help that he has naturally awful teeth. I do, too. 

His fear of the dentist is simply because his teeth are naturally bad and he knows it's going to be several thousand dollars to get his teeth healthy again. He also will need to have teeth pulled and replaced with fake teeth, and he doesn't like that. Similar to @peaseblossom's FI. 

His boss's wife is a dentist, which is the only reason he's going today. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Confession: I haven't been to the dentist in a really really really long time. Like, and embarrassingly long time. I'm scared to go now because I feel like I'll have to have SO much work done. I don't have any pain or anything where I think I have any cavities, but I'm sure I do. It's bad, and I know I should go... but I haven't yet.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @audrewuh - I have bad teeth also. No matter what I do to keep them healthy, I have at least 1 cavity every single time I go for a cleaning. I have a filling in pretty much every tooth in my mouth and 1 crown which will probably be a root canal at some point. I've actually cried out of frustration over this before :(

• @brisox81 I'm the exact same way. I'm only a bitch to H about it because he actually has insurance and I don't, and that shit runs out in a year. 

@swazzle I get the crying over the frustration. That happens a lot in our house. 

Dentist said he needs 3 extractions, all of them molars on the bottom, and a deep cleaning. They'll put a bridge in so he can eat normally. They're going to talk to the insurance company and see how much it's going to cost. I'm just glad he went. 

• @andrewuh I'm glad he went in, but I do feel for him now that he needs stuff done.  I'm too scared of needles to not go every six months (my teeth are naturally pretty healthy, thankfully).  I've had cavities filled without novacaine before because it keeps me saner.  <--not normal reaction to the dentist, lol
  • @blue, your fear of needles is extreme! I had a lot of medical tests done when I was a kid and they drew blood every other week. I got over my thing about needles after a year or so. I still can't watch when I get a shot or an IV, but I can handle the uncomfortableness and any accompanying pain. 

• I hate the dentist, that's all I have.

My old dentist was so bad that when I went for my cleaning in January, my new dentist's HD XRay found 11 freaking cavities (7 were tiny). I was so frustrated because I'm really particular about my teeth, the dentist said it could be because I'm a mouth-breather when I sleep and I have to have RX toothpaste for when I brush my teeth at night. FI on the other hand has brushed his teeth with his finger...

Guess who's going to get four fillings done next month????? This suckah.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • phiraphira member
    I also haven't been to the dentist in a while. I am NOT a fan; I'm not scared, I just hate it. A lot. I feel awful, like ... these poor dentists who have an important job and everyone haaaaates them.

My teeth are usually great, to the point where I went 4 years without a check-up (and, ashamed to admit it, without brushing every night), the hygienist didn't believe I'd gone longer than the typical 6 months.

It sucks because I want to go before the wedding because I want to get bonding on my front teeth (they came in with weird ridges on them, and I hate them so much I didn't smile with my teeth showing for years), but if I wait until after the wedding, I'll have dental insurance! ARG.
    Anniversary
  • BF's mom works for a dentist, so he was never afraid of them. I don't think it would matter if he was, she would have made him go anyway.

Dear NEY,

Thanks for telling me to go to counseling. I went yesterday and it went pretty well. I think it will really help me a lot,

Love,
    The girl who was told she was too hardheaded and strong by the therapist. 

Dear cousin,

I swear! I can't deal with this crap anymore! Give up the stupid puppy! Also, don't take my grandparents for granted. They are giving you rent free house and pasture for your business/"I don't care if they make money if they money" stupid goats and you can't even load the freaking dishwasher for them?! My god! Also, you need to learn how to manage your money. You're going to have a big surprise when you "move out" and suddenly your paycheck can't support all your animals and you. 

P.S. you better give the money from selling the horses to my grandparents, because they actually freaking own the horses. And if I am giving up my horse because y'all need the money, it better not go into your goats.

Love,
    Your frustrated cousin who loves you like a sister

Dear BF,

I love you, but please ask first before suddenly switching shifts. I had my Friday all planned out because you were working until closing and now I have to choose with getting to spend your one free afternoon with you or my pre-arranged girl time. I'm just glad that my friend loves you too and is happy you're joining us for dinner.

Much love,
    Your GF who just wants to spend time with you and her best friend

Dear Roommate,

Can we figure this shit out already? I know our suitemates are leaving (THANK GOD) but when I asked first if we could room with one of my good friends (that you know pretty well too) you said yes and now you're like "Oh, there are these cool people that I want to room with but you have no idea who they are so we should room with them instead." To be honest, the suitemates you found last time didn't work out that well. And I really want to room with my good friend. I even found a roommate for her! That you know and are friends with! And what is this out of the blue "maybe we should split up"? I want to room with you! Arg!

Annoyed,
    The girl who just wants to know who she'll be living with next year

• Dear late coworker

Your constant tardiness is seriously pissing me off! You don't like the guys here at this house, I get that, but until the company can find a different house to place you take the hours as they're given! I want to go home sometime today! As in before 12am...

Thanks,

Girl who's overworked and tired
  • Dear Week,

WHY AREN'T YOU FRIDAY YET?!

No Love,
    Girl who wants her weekend

• Dear interim supervisor

You're an idiot

Thanks
    Person who's doing your job for you
This discussion has been closed.