Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear self,

I think you made OLW last week.  Stop being an OLW hog.

-Self

Dear ear infection and sinus infection,

No, not dear.  Ugh.  Please get better ASAP.  I feel like half of my head is disconnected from the other half of my head.

-I will be hopped up on meds for the next oh...5-6 days, guys

Dear pharmacy,

9 AM is really far away and I need some decongestant. 

-Why did I wait to get it until today?

Dear RSVPers,

I said March 22nd.  Get on this shiz, please.

-I really don't want to call all you slackers

Dear DJ,

I swear I will reply to your email within the next 3 days.  I'm trying to figure out my songs, dangit!

-I'm glad we started this early because I'm scatterbrained.

Dear knotties,

We need grand entrance songs.  That's the only song(s) we haven't picked.  Any suggestions?

-Blue&White
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: OLW

• @Blue- Our grand entrance song was "The Club can't handle me right now" lol. We loved it!

Dear H's BFF from high school,

I feel so special that we were invited to your wedding and I wish we could come so bad. It sucks that H can't take off on the Friday that your wedding is planned. 

Love,
    Girl that loves weddings

Dear Never ending soup,

I'm sick and tired of eating you for the past 4 days...time to go.

Sincerely,
    I'm sick of soup

Dear Orlando,

I'm so excited for a weekend vacation in the warm weather! Don't get cold when we get there! Be nice and hot so I can go to the pool and get rid of some pale skin.

Love,
    Girl that needs a vaca

Dear @Blue,

You should come to the Red Sox or Mets game so you can meet H and I. I don't think we will have too much time outside of that to meet up since we will be with H's parents : (

Love,
    Southernpeach89
  • Dear sore throat,

Why do you hurt so very badly, and why do I feel perfectly fine otherwise?

Sincerely,
    I can only drink so much peppermint tea ...
  • @Blue&White I thought the red sox game was sold out?  I'll have to check again lol.  All Club Can't Handle me Right Now by the Dartmouth Aires?  Is definitely our number one pick just saying.  I'm not sure how I feel about Flo Rida's version because well I'm just in love with the sing off :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • dear ladies with sinus infections and sore throats -

try oregano oil.  it's the only thing that has worked for me (not even decongestants worked). 

love,
    Coco

dear pink/salmon pencil skirt,

I'm glad I wore you today.  you make my butt look hot.

lots of love,
    Coco

dear enchilada pie,

you are so delish.  why do I have to wait until lunch to enjoy all the noms??!?!

love,
    enchilada-lovin' Coco
  • Dear FMIL,

I'm really glad you've been supportive of the engagement and things are going well, but why in the world are you worrying about losing weight for a mother of the groom dress for a wedding in TWO YEARS?

Sincerely,
    I'm not even worrying yet

Dear Mom,

I'm really glad FI and I are coming to spend the night this weekend. It's been too long.

Sincerely,
    Miss my family

Dear work,

I really wish today was over because I want to watch Frozen.

Sorry not sorry,
    Kait

Dear NEY ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately! I'm going to try and do better

Kait <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dear Liv,

glad to see you around a bit more lately!  I'd kick your migraine in the butt if I could.  maybe some Ty/Earl/Tucker snuggles later would help?

love,
    Coco
  • dear MIL,

OMG QUIT STALKING ME ON FACEBOOK.  I blocked you from my newsfeed for a reason, but when you like or comment on everything I say or do on my page or anyone else's, the newsfeed block doesn't really work.  AH!!!!  you're nice and all, but I can't handle that much of you.

SMH,
    DIL
  • Dear FILs,

Please please PLEASE offer to help with our honeymoon because FI will hold a grudge for years if you don't and I kind of wouldn't blame him.

Lots of love,
    Your soon-to-be favorite DIL

PS: Please don't bring FSIL to our celebration dinner this weekend. It won't hurt to let someone else be the center of attention for once.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey absentee boss - if you don't want to come to the office could you at least answer my texts? Some of us need to get work done. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Avocados,

WHY YOU NO RIPEN??? I just want to eat your delicious green goodness. Hurry up already!

Lots of love,
    Impatient Foodie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita -

re: HM:  don't hold grudges or encourage your FI to hold a grudge about money for your wedding or HM.  it's just not worth it!

re: avocados:  put it in a bag with an apple and tie a knot/close it up.  it'll ripen quickly.
  • @LivLeighton - it's only 7:45 here.  SIGH.  you know, I wouldn't hate it so much if I didn't work in a small cube in a made-over warehouse.  I mean, give a girl a WINDOW at least. 

dear boss,

please get on things.  approve my training in D.C. before it fills up and we can't get any flights (whoop whoop!) and get on that paygrade stuff you were talking about.  it's been over a month. 

impatiently,
    Coco
  • Dear @CocoBellaF,

I'm glad you're feeling sexy in your skirt. Pics of the super cute pencil skirt?

Love,

Ollie

It's supposed to be GORGEOUS this week/weekend! I'm really bummed we're not going to the game this weekend. We are going to the Braves game with BF's family on Friday. Enjoy the weather while you're here, but be warned the sun has been REALLY strong. 

Love,
    Ollie

Dear BF,

You're seriously the greatest. I don't know what I did to deserve you! Thank you for all you do, from hosting dinner with your family last night, to your never ending support of my ridiculous habits. I love you to pieces.

Love,
    Me <3

Dear Money,

Please to grow on trees? I've got a few big things coming up and I'm a little bit nervous that there's not enough of you.

Love,
    I'm not used to being so broke

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Ollie08 - I would share pics, but there are no full-length mirrors anywhere on campus that I know of... and I'll forget by the time I get home. :(
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Dear invitations,

YAY! You're here! I've been wondering about you!

Love, the girl who's going to AW you everywhere (not really...I'm just really excited!)

~~~

Dear FMIL,

I'm kind of concerned about the guest list you gave me now after talking to you last night. I was under the impression all those families were families with kids...but now it sounds like all of those kids are adult kids and I don't really want to invite them if they're all 20 plus years old.  If this turns out to be the case I hope I can tell you this in a nice way. Also, you seriously think your mom won't come to our wedding because she didn't go to FSIL's wedding? That seems like a really really silly reason.

I love you but sometimes your thought process is odd, your FDIL

~~~

Dear Mom,

Please stop blowing up my phone with RD decoration ideas. I'm not super interested in spending one of the last evenings before the wedding tying burlap bows to the backs of chairs or arranging flowers. It's just a backyard bbq...we seriously don't have to be fancy. All I want is a keg and some cornhole.

Love you, your favorite daughter

~~~

Dear weather,

Please be spring again. I know it's not quite "officially" spring but this bullshit with highs in the 40s and low 50s and the constant cloudiness and rain is so not cool. I just want to make my yard pretty and not have it be a giant mudhole anymore. Also, I just want to be outside and not have to wear pants and a jacket and closed toe shoes all the time. I'm so sick of my winter clothes.

No love, me

• Dear sesame bagel with veggie cream cheese,
    Why do you taste so. freakin'. good. today? Hmm??
    Don't stop.

Love,
    Free bagel lover

Dear Sleep,
    Please do your job better.
    Sincerely,
    Tired

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@tuarceatha I really really want some of your bagel. I love veggie cream cheese!!!

More OLW

Dear photographer!!!

OMG! YAY! I am so excited you're going to blog our engagement session this week! I really really really really really really really really can't wait to see some pictures and AW the shit out of them!!!

Love, your client who loves you

• @Ollie- We stocked up on some sun screen lol. 
  • edited March 2014
    @lmhollister - please AW your invites?  the invites and programs were one of the only things I designed myself (long story) and they were some of my favorite things about the wedding!  love paper stationery!!

ETA:  please also AW your e-pics.  I am not stalking you, BTW.  promise.

love,
    not-a-stalker Coco

dear Chevron throw blanket,

after months of searching, I have finally found you.  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?  why aren't you available online?  H isn't going to be happy that I'm asking him to make a Target-run on his lunch break, but I love you THAT MUCH.

LINK

all the loves and future snuggles,
    Coco
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    @LivLeighton - I definitely don't expect anything from them and I wouldn't hold a grudge. I don't want FI to feel bitter about it either. It seems to be a larger issue within his family: twin sister is irresponsible and spoiled so their parents continue to give her everything, whereas FI is responsible and self-sufficient so the parents have cut him off at an early age. Those are his words, which seem to be true as far as I can tell. He's been talking a lot about how much they did for his sister's wedding (they picked up the tab for the DW and carted the entire family along on their HM cruise) and how hurt he will feel if they don't offer anything to help him. I really don't care about the money but I don't want him to hold a grudge toward his parents or resent his sister because of it. And I'm afraid that if he brings it up after the fact it will turn into a lot of ugliness on all sides. Sorry to write a novel there - it feels good to let it out.

@Cocobellaf - I have an apple AND banana in the bag. I just love avocados too much to wait.

@lmhollister YES AW your pictures please! I can't wait to see!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @ollie08 right?!  the sun has been ridiculous.  I went to ONE baseball game with 45 spf on, missed a spot...three weeks ago?  And I'm peeling just in that ...one spot.  It's not even the size of a baseball, so it's annoying.

Dear concert tonight,

I'm not sure I can even blow air through my horn but I want to go and play with my awesome old people band!  Sooo yea, I really hope my decongestant is working by then.

-Probably not as smart as I think I am
  • Dear @livleightpon pics of the addtion to the tattoo sleeve?

Dear FI

You are awesome, thank you for picking up a few groceries and some of my favorite snacks too! You are amazing. I love that that you bought us an exercise bike and ellipitcal! Yay for a home gym.  I'm sure excited for this.

Love FI

Dear sleep,

Sleep Deprived

Dear show,

I can't wait for you to open, so very excited.

Love,

Actress

Dear work,

I'm so overwhelmed and juggling way too many balls right now. Please calm down some.

Love,

Me

I need you so much. 

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55, I am so not in my mature mood this morning and read balls completely differently. Oops. 

• @Kait lol... that's my BFF"s favorite word she cracks up at it all the time.

Anniversary

• @LivLeighton, that's so pretty!!! Love your tattoos. :D

• @livleighton that is so awesome I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• @livleighton I'm terrified of needles (we should all know that by now) and a tattoo has never been in the cards for me, but your tattoos are so beautiful!  And so...happy?  Love the colors.  :)
  • @LivLeighton - Such a great piece of art!

@Blue - Our entrance song was "Don't Wake Me Up" by Chris Brown.  Hate him, love the song though.

@TwoDimes - Squeee for engagement ring window shopping!

--------------------------------------------

Dear Self,

Where did your self confidence go? When your husband mentions that some lady in fitness class was awesome at doing burpees faster than him and he admired how fit everyone in the class was (which includes dudes), that doesn't mean he is somehow calling you a fat cow.

-Deluded and in need of a reality check.

----------------------------------------------

Dear H,

I'm sorry I need lots of compliments lately.  Thank you for understanding.

-W trying to get back into shape but who ate pizza yesterday (and it was great).

------------------------------------------------

Dear @suzie211, @loves2shop4shoes and @audrewuh,

Our GTG last night = so much fun!  You ladies rock.

@minskat30

------------------------------------

Dear couple who saw our house recently,

Our house is a modern house. Why would you go see it and complain that it isn't vintage when you saw the pictures of our house in the first place?

-Frustrated home seller

• @minskat30 My FI's brother is...a boot camp instructor, personal trainer, and all out fitness professional.  He did burpees around the track for like...1/4 mile or something ridiculous...the other day.  I don't even think I could do one burpee.  You are not a fat cow :)  Some people (like FI's bro) are just crazy fit.  Or crazy.

PS pizza is amazing :)
  • @minskat30 My FI's brother is...a boot camp instructor, personal trainer, and all out fitness professional.  He did burpees around the track for like...1/4 mile or something ridiculous...the other day.  I don't even think I could do one burpee.  You are not a fat cow :)  Some people (like FI's bro) are just crazy fit.  Or crazy.

PS pizza is amazing :)

Love you. 

My burpees resemble a falling tree.  And the pizza was worth every calorie.

• @minskat30 I'm getting married in 3 weeks and 3 days, so I'm going to try not to like bust my face open or something trying to do a burpee :)
  • I hate Burpees!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards